Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Still won't happen.  McRobbie couldn't possibly care less.

It's not McRobbie........it is the Board of Trustees.   The Board calls the shots on Athletics and McRobbie agrees with them.

Glass isn’t going unless we’re also going to fire Archie, which still remains very doubtful after this season. If Archie turns this thing around in year 3 or 4 but you canned the guy who hired him, then what? Glass’s future here will be contingent on Archie’s success. You can’t separate the two at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Glass isn’t going unless we’re also going to fire Archie, which still remains very doubtful after this season. If Archie turns this thing around in year 3 or 4 but you canned the guy who hired him, then what? Glass’s future here will be contingent on Archie’s success. You can’t separate the two at this point. 

It shouldn’t matter. The longer we wait, the more irrelevant we become. I’m already convinced we’re never going to be what we once were. I’d like to be a fraction of that before we become complete nobodies.

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

It shouldn’t matter. The longer we wait, the more irrelevant we become. I’m already convinced we’re never going to be what we once were. I’d like to be a fraction of that before we become complete nobodies.

Well then this should be a fire Archie thread, since there’s no point in firing Glass and keeping Archie. Same goes for Tom Allen.

Just now, Magnanimous said:

Well then this should be a fire Archie thread, since there’s no point in firing Glass and keeping Archie. Same goes for Tom Allen.

Glass has had years and years. His time is up. Archie gets another year from me before I completely write him off. We get rid of Glass, get a new athletic director and let him evaluate Archie for a year. 

Today is another data point supporting Fred’s dismissal. A decade on the job and IU basketball has never been worse. Hopefully all of this losing will light a fire under the administration’s @$$ but I doubt it. This is terrible PR for the university.
As long as he makes them money they do not care. Assembly Hall remains packed and people are buying gear. This does not even faze them imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It's not McRobbie........it is the Board of Trustees.   The Board calls the shots on Athletics and McRobbie agrees with them.

So what you’re saying is that glass has no actual power or control over the athletic programs?

Not coming at you, and I mean no disrespect. But That sounds like an excuse. Good AD’s are Good AD’s regardless of their BOT. If Glass really cared he would find a way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Glass has had years and years. His time is up. Archie gets another year from me before I completely write him off. We get rid of Glass, get a new athletic director and let him evaluate Archie for a year. 

Not that I’m defending Glass by saying this, but if he gets blame for Archie’s failures then he needs to get credit for Archie’s (future) success. Outside of hiring and firing, how much influence does an AD have on a basketball team winning, especially when the facilities are already there? Whether or not Glass is the AD next year, Archie’s season will play out the same way, however that may be. I see no point in firing Glass while Archie is our coach. If CAM doesn’t work out, Glass won’t be making the next hire.

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Not that I’m defending Glass by saying this, but if he gets blame for Archie’s failures then he needs to get credit for Archie’s (future) success. Outside of hiring and firing, how much influence does an AD have on a basketball team winning, especially when the facilities are already there? Whether or not Glass is the AD next year, Archie’s season will play out the same way, however that may be. I see no point in firing Glass while Archie is our coach. If CAM doesn’t work out, Glass won’t be making the next hire.

He’s shown enough incompetence in other areas to get the boot, IMO. It isn’t all dependent on Archie. Any AD that isn’t an idiot can raise money. That’s not hard. He botched the football hire as well. Didn’t even interview any other candidates. That is incompetency as an AD. You have to see what else is out there. He let Crean run our roster into the ground when he should have been let go years before then. He’s not good at his job

I think that If the reason we stink is in fact that this is a rebuild due to lack of talent and poor chemistry, then absolutely Glass can be blamed for this year’s failures. Glass held on to Crean for far too long and created this mess. The writing was on the wall for the trajectory of the program starting in 2013-2014.

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

Assembly Hall has not been packed, the upper deck is a ghostland

They're sold, thing is if you don't have a close seat then why bother showing up. And this admin/athletic dept seems to only care if the seats empty or full are paid for.

I think that If the reason we stink is in fact that this is a rebuild due to lack of talent and poor chemistry, then absolutely Glass can be blamed for this year’s failures. Glass held on to Crean for far too long and created this mess. The writing was on the wall for the trajectory of the program starting in 2013-2014.

Yep, as soon as Glass said this was a major rebuild he should have been fired. That means that he stood by and watched a team get this bad before making a change.

One, I don’t think a major rebuild was necessary. This should have been a 20 win season and it’s not and that is on glass and Archie