Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Fred is such a **** talker. As if saying he has confidence in the coaches he hired matters at all as far as wins and losses are concerned. Don’t fall for his PR spin. The guy is trying to cover his butt.

You got it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Glass should have been shown the door with Wilson at the latest.  He let the football program flounder with Lynch before getting Wilson.  Let Crean flounder and waste a decade of IU basketball.  
Its beyond me that he skated with the Wilson debacle.  If he gave Wilson an extension knowing of the issues, that’s on him.  If he turned a blind eye to the issues for the extension and was forced to fire Wilson later, that’s on him too.
Archie may work out but fred should not have been let anywhere near making that decision

On 1/30/2019 at 10:00 PM, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I've met him and Fred Glass actually! Jurich is 100X the AD that Fred Glass is.

I've never met Fred G myself. But based off of what I've seen. Be hard to disagree. Jurich I have met myself

This season was not a rebuild or a “serious rebuild” a month ago when we were in the top 25.. we lose 7 straight and our AD claims it’s a “serious rebuild”... how fluid are his expectations? Does he not set goals at the beginning of the year? Was his expectation to begin with to miss the tourney? Because everyone’s expectations were to make the tourney. He is in charge of both football and basketball TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. He is such a coward for passing the blame on Crean at such a public forum hoping that no one holds him accountable for the results.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

This season was not a rebuild or a “serious rebuild” a month ago when we were in the top 25.. we lose 7 straight and our AD claims it’s a “serious rebuild”... how fluid are his expectations? Does he not set goals at the beginning of the year? Was his expectation to begin with to miss the tourney? Because everyone’s expectations were to make the tourney. He is in charge of both football and basketball TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. He is such a coward for passing the blame on Crean at such a public forum hoping that no one holds him accountable for the results.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The person he reports too isn't holding holding him accountable, so why should Glass do anything different?

Glass is a lousy AD but it's not like McRobbie gives a crap.

Well, McRobbie, Glass and Miller have managed to make Log Rolling the premier sport at IU as we can boast that 3 of the Nation’s top rollers attend IU.

Control that log! Get that fall! Roll em’ Hoosiers Roll em’!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Well, McRobbie, Glass and Miller have managed to make Log Rolling the premier sport at IU as we can boast that 3 of the Nation’s top rollers attend IU.

Control that log! Get that fall! Roll em’ Hoosiers Roll em’!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Lol

21 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I wonder what Glass was thinking when he had just signed Crean to the extension of a century and then we played a Brad Stevens coached Butler team that year while we were ranked #1 and got beat.

“Still not out of the rebuild I guess”

Part of me wants to make the NIT and be a higher seed, just so Glass has to answer the question of will we host a first round game and why or why not. Exposing that "Spring Break" fallacy of two years ago might be another step closer to getting rid of him.

But we'd probably have to win at least 4 more games to be in that position, so it likely won't happen.

Exactly. A team in a “serious rebuild” doesn’t go on the road and beat the #6 team in the country. Glass made that statement as an excuse to cover his @$$.
Glass is an excuse machine.

1 minute ago, Joe DeLow said:

After the 13-14 season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol, so Crean brings the program out of the literal ashes, gets IU to the S16 in 2011-12, wins the BigTen and back to the S16 in 2012-13, has a bad year and thus should be fired? Nevermind how far that would have set the program back, thus eliminating any chance for that BigTen championship in 2015-16. To say Crean should have been fired after 13-14 is entitled ignorance at its best. Bob Knights last six seasons were full of nothing but middle of the road BigTen finishes and first round tourney knockouts and there were riots after he got fired. Give me Crean's last six years over Knight's any day of the week.

11 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

When exactly should he have fired Crean?

2015, at the absolute latest. We could have hired Archie then, and he would have inherited a much stronger roster. Instead, we kept him two more years, allowing him to bring in two dud recruiting classes that set us back further.

Was that second Big Ten title really worth all the hell we've been through since?

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

2015, at the absolute latest. We could have hired Archie then, and he would have inherited a much stronger roster. Instead, we kept him two more years, allowing him to bring in two dud recruiting classes that set us back further.

Was that second Big Ten title really worth all the hell we've been through since?

Both of those classes were ranked in the top 25 and few if no one thought they were duds at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and anyone who wants an AD who's going to fire a guy like you and others are suggesting doesn't know how this works. That would be a disaster and would turn our program into Penn State in no time. What player is going to commit to a program knowing his coach will get fired if he misses the tournament regardless of past success? 

Crean was fired at the right time. Although I don't think he's as bad of a couch as most of the fan base paints him out to be, I understand wanting to build and grow higher than Crean's capabilities. He also deserves to be appreciated for the tireless work he put in to rebuilding IU from a joke of a program to a contender. Archie hasn't proven anything yet....it remains to be seen if he ever will.