Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB @ Rutgers- Game Thread

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It's ugly!  It's really really ugly!  But it confirms what I've been thinking for a bit.  This team has zero leaders, zero heart, zero giveadamn and it won't be fixed overnight.  There will be better days ahead. 

I desperately hope so.

Last season we were deep in tunnel, and two short months ago we thought we could see the light.  Now it's dark again and many of us don't know what to think or believe.

3 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Do you think a Michael Lewis or a Dane Fife could fix this problem, or is it seeded deeper than any head coach could fix?

I would LOVE one of those two to be the coach here.  Lewis in particular, but both have a lot to offer and add.  If I were Glass, I'd tell Archie to hire both of them and pay them as much as any assistants in the country.   Indiana has lost its culture; and it'll be gone forever unless something is done.  We'll go the way of UCLA and become all but irrelevant....we're well on the way now.  Yes..  I think they would be a fantastic start to fixing the problems

5 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Hopefully we draw Boston College at home in the challenge next year and do the big ten a solid

ESPN picks the matchups. We'll play an all-ACC team on a cruise ship off the coast of the Outer Banks on ACC's brand new network!(An ESPN property)

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I argued with Gradman over Glass for months. I was wrong. He does good things but this ultimately falls on him. I have zero confidence in getting a proper AD unless McRobbie is gone though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IMO Glass should've been gone with Crean.  There has to be some accountability for this debacle, this should be humiliating to everyone involved.  I have no faith in McRobbie either though.

It's ugly!  It's really really ugly!  But it confirms what I've been thinking for a bit.  This team has zero leaders, zero heart, zero giveadamn and it won't be fixed overnight.  There will be better days ahead. 

This is nuanced approach that some are claiming is one sided sunshine pumping.

This team is BROKE. They are not responding to Archie’s system, and I highly doubt they figure it out.

That said, I don’t know how you can tell if Archie’s system works or not until year three or four with his recruiting classes and time for him to develop seniors in his system. We pull this with a senior Rob Phinisee, system don’t work. Right now? Who knows - can’t tell what’s broken in a hurricane.

I'm most concerned about the long scoring droughts that seem consistent; and the fact that Indiana keeps coming out for the second half and getting blitzed.  That's on Archie.  And it's not shown any signs of improvement.   Apart from the pack line defense, which hasn't exactly impressed lately, I'm really not sure what he brings that will fix this.  Momentum swings and Indiana seems to just quit.  That's also on Archie to some degree.   He better figure it out, and pronto.

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

ESPN picks the matchups. We'll play an all-ACC team on a cruise ship off the coast of the Outer Banks on ACC's brand new network!(An ESPN property)

Ur right, or we'll play Duke in Cameron again..

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

That’s very true. It’s a wide net for me. To me it’s systematic that started that high. I can understand arguments against that but that’s how I feel.

The program has so many problems I don't even know where to start. This season specifically though is very strange to me. We started out well with several wins against some pretty good teams. Now we've lost 7 straight. We aren't a terrible team talent wise. It makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there are locker room problems. 

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Indiana vs. Duke

@Epcot Spiky Ball Thing

December 9th 11PM on ESPN with simulcast coverage on ESPN2, NEWS, U, Classic, SEC Network, the ALL NEW ACC NETWORK, ABC, and PBS. 

I desperately hope so.
Last season we were deep in tunnel, and two short months ago we thought we could see the light.  Now it's dark again and many of us don't know what to think or believe.
Last year we went 9-9 in yhe big ten with all crean players. This is far worse. Its,on par with creans second season.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I would LOVE one of those two to be the coach here.  Lewis in particular, but both have a lot to offer and add.  If I were Glass, I'd tell Archie to hire both of them and pay them as much as any assistants in the country.   Indiana has lost its culture; and it'll be gone forever unless something is done.  We'll go the way of UCLA and become all but irrelevant....we're well on the way now.  Yes..  I think they would be a fantastic start to fixing the problems
The culture is totally gone. It may never come baxk at this point. This is a low point

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk