Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB @ Rutgers- Game Thread

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

He did better in the Big Ten last year with the same Crean players. He has had them for an additional  year but they are regressing.  Other than Al no one has improved. That is a bit worrisome.

That is very true, and I agree with that. Makes me wonder if there’s some type of internal issue going on that won’t actually be revealed until the season is over. If something is going on that is on the players minds, makes you wonder if they will ever be able to get it turned around, or care to for that matter...who knows.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

How has Davis regressed? He’s been injured. McBob is who he has always been, but injured. Green is who he has been too, but injured and suspended. Smith, I’ll keep that to myself. Durham has improved. Morgan is who he was last season but he’s a 4 playing out of position.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The team has regressed. Did last years team play 10 minutes a game in the Big Ten games?

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Even with the injuries we have enough talent to win some of these games. These guys are soft and quit when there is the least bit of adversity. Zero leadership on the court.

Yep, HOW they have lost many of the games (and even how they won some of the cupcake games) has been more worrisome than the win/loss record.

Seeing where we are at now, I wish Glass would have been let go and if his replacement picked Archie, I would feel a little more confident. Glass backing Crean all these years worries me that his judgement is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Bowhunter said:

Seeing where we are at now, I wish Glass would have been let go and his replacement picked Archie, I would feel a little more confident. Glass backing Crean all these years worries me about hat his judgement is poor.

Glass really didn't pick Archie; he hired an executive search firm that recommended Archie followed by his last football HC hire which was the first guy that passed his office after he had to can Wilson.

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Seeing where we are at now, I wish Glass would have been let go and his replacement picked Archie, I would feel a little more confident. Glass backing Crean all these years worries me about hat his judgement is poor.

He called Crean an "elite coach", calling his judgement poor would be an understatement.

The team has regressed. Did last years team play 10 minutes a game in the Big Ten games?

Last years B1G wins for IU in a league that got 4 teams in the tourney.

1 Penn St win at home (9-9) (IU’s best win in the B1G)
5 wins against teams (4-14)
1 win against a team (3-15)
1 win against a team (8-10)
1 win against a team (6-12)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What changed? McSwain would never be confused with a skilled player but he gave heart. We had older players but they didn’t know if they were coming or going. This group doesn’t know if they’re coming or going so they just sit.

On that note, I was happy to see Anderson actually fighting for loose balls and giving energy. He still seems lost but at least he’s fighting. It speaks to the culture when you can point out guys who are giving effort. There will be a drastic change over the next few years. It’ll be painful until then though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

For about the last 10-15, years I've thought of us as a sleeping giant.

No more.  We're pretty much just dying.

Dead giant. Our program is just a shell of its former self and our large and out of touch fanbase is a major contributor (if not the main cause) to our mediocrity. The insane amount of pressure we apply to coaching staff’s, from our unrealistic expectations and impatience, make it nearly impossible for any coach to win. It goes way deeper than having the tradition, resources and fanbase. I’m convinced. We lead by fear. You better perform a miracle (in short order) or we’ll make you so damn uncomfortable, you won’t be able to wipe your rear end without second guessing how many squares to uses. We would be doing ourselves a huge favor by doing one of 2 things. 

1. Completely disengage and place our focus elsewhere for a few years.

2. Lend the staff unwavering support for 2-4 years. 

Both of these will allow the staff to operate in a non toxic environment, so that they can actually have a chance at righting this ship. 

Otherwise, we are gonna need a coach like Brad Stevens or some other basketball God to come save us. And guess what? We aren’t gonna get one of these coaches. Why in the hell would they take this job when they can take their pick? 

Bottom line: We all need to adjust our expectations for this program. We haven’t been considered elite in 3 decades. There’s plenty of more attractive options for elite players and coaches that don’t require them to deal with us. 

Archie was almost unanimously regarded as the best up and coming young coach. If he can’t win at Indiana then not many guys can. Not without being cut a blank check for long period of time.

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Last years B1G wins for IU in a league that got 4 teams in the tourney.

1 Penn St win at home (9-9) (IU’s best win in the B1G)
5 wins against teams (4-14)
1 win against a team (3-15)
1 win against a team (8-10)
1 win against a team (6-12)

I still ask the question....Do you recall us only playing hard 10 minutes a game last year? Maybe my memory is bad but the lack of effort/hustle/ giving a s#&t, seems to be much worse this year.  

Glass really didn't pick Archie; he hired an executive search firm that recommended Archie followed by his last football HC hire which was the first guy that passed his office after he had to can Wilson.

Les miles and Jeff brohm we’re both available. Glad we picked a former HS coach with no HC experience in college *sarcasm*

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Dead giant. Our program is just a shell of its former self and our large and out of touch fanbase is a major contributor (if not the main cause) to our mediocrity. The insane amount of pressure we apply to coaching staff’s, from our unrealistic expectations and impatience, make it nearly impossible for any coach to win. It goes way deeper than having the tradition, resources and fanbase. I’m convinced. We lead by fear. You better perform a miracle (in short order) or we’ll make you so damn uncomfortable, you won’t be able to wipe your rear end without second guessing how many squares to uses. We would be doing ourselves a huge favor by doing one of 2 things. 

Both of these will allow the staff to operate in a non toxic environment, so that they can actually have a chance at righting this ship. 

Otherwise, we are gonna need a coach like Brad Stevens or some other basketball God to come save us. And guess what? We aren’t gonna get one of these coaches. Why in the hell would they take this job when they can take their pick? 

Bottom line: We all need to adjust our expectations for this program. We haven’t been considered elite in 3 decades. There’s plenty of more attractive options for elite players and coaches that don’t require them to deal with us. 

Archie was almost unanimously regarded as the best up and coming young coach. If he can’t win at Indiana then not many guys can. Not without being cut a blank check for long period of time.

Amen.

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

So now we are blaming the fan base?  Beer just went all over my screen.