Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB @ Rutgers- Game Thread

Hard to say the future looks gloomy when Archie doesn’t even have a full roster of players who he actually handpicked himself to come play for him and fit his system. A few years from now we won’t have any players on the sidelines with Diet Coke stains on their jerseys, and if at that point we look like we do now then it’d be safe to say it’s on Archie. Right now he’s playing the hand he was dealt and doing what he can. I don’t care how good a coach his, if you have players on the team who are soft and don’t give a crap about showing any type of pitbull fierceness and grit, that’s just who they are and they’re gonna be that way. Archie wouldn’t have recruited the players Crean got on this team. We need shooters, we need players who have attitude, heart, passion, grit, fight, you name it...Archie is trying to get it out of them and they just are acting like they don’t want to have to do it. 

ESPN picks the matchups. We'll play an all-ACC team on a cruise ship off the coast of the Outer Banks on ACC's brand new network!(An ESPN property)
No matter how bad we are we will get duke.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

The culture is totally gone. It may never come baxk at this point. This is a low point

It is, but I think it's salvagable with the right people.  Won't be forever, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The program has so many problems I don't even know where to start. This season specifically though is very strange to me. We started out well with several wins against some pretty good teams. Now we've lost 7 straight. We aren't a terrible team talent wise. It makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there are locker room problems. 

These other coaches around the league figured Indiana out. It isnt that difficult to figure out. 2 players are great finishers around the rim but pretty much the entire team has glaring deficiencies shooting the ball....that is the IU season in a nutshell, in my opinion. This team is completely and utterly one dimensional

I desperately hope so.
Last season we were deep in tunnel, and two short months ago we thought we could see the light.  Now it's dark again and many of us don't know what to think or believe.

But how, just how, can we get this low and be so gd embarrassing at basketball?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The program has so many problems I don't even know where to start. This season specifically though is very strange to me. We started out well with several wins against some pretty good teams. Now we've lost 7 straight. We aren't a terrible team talent wise. It makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there are locker room problems. 

You can see the season in each game. We started out well against Maryland, times got tough and we quit. We started out well against Rutgers, things got tough and we quit. We have ball players that quit when things don’t go well.

Why? We’re young, we don’t have leaders, and our coaches don’t have the magical fix for it. (You can’t snap your fingers and give players skill and experience)

Next season won’t be much better. I do think Phin and Durham will start rubbing off on players but there is too much sulking and not enough getting pissed. Morgan is a captain, Romeo is one of the better players, Smith is supposed to be that third wheel. What do they all have in common? They’re easy going dudes that just go with the flow. That’s not going to cut it.

It won’t be until Phin and Al are upperclassmen that actually lead. Having more skilled players next season in Jackson-Davis and Brooks (if/when he commits) won’t be the magical band aid that fixes this boo boo. It’s a culture thing. It’ll change when the players step up and lead.

Yes, call me a sunshine pumper and that I’m a blind follower but there are better days ahead.

When the going gets tough the tough get going (and hopefully there are some that just go away).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I meant he simply doesnt care imo.

Fred does care and this has to be eating him alive.  He has his faults but he is an IU guy, was around during the “good ol days” and I’d bet anything he thought he hit a home run by hiring arguably the hottest available young coach in the country (and making him the 10th highest paid coach ). He wants the team to win and has to know this will define his own legacy.

24 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Hard to say the future looks gloomy when Archie doesn’t even have a full roster of players who he actually handpicked himself to come play for him and fit his system. A few years from now we won’t have any players on the sidelines with Diet Coke stains on their jerseys, and if at that point we look like we do now then it’d be safe to say it’s on Archie. Right now he’s playing the hand he was dealt and doing what he can. I don’t care how good a coach his, if you have players on the team who are soft and don’t give a crap about showing any type of pitbull fierceness and grit, that’s just who they are and they’re gonna be that way. Archie wouldn’t have recruited the players Crean got on this team. We need shooters, we need players who have attitude, heart, passion, grit, fight, you name it...Archie is trying to get it out of them and they just are acting like they don’t want to have to do it. 

He did better in the Big Ten last year with the same Crean players. He has had them for an additional  year but they are regressing.  Other than Al no one has improved. That is a bit worrisome.

EDIT: In fairness he did lose Johnson and Newkirk but you would think Rob and Romeo were pretty good substitutes.

He did better in the Big Ten last year with the same Crean players. He has had them for an additional  year but they are regressing.  Other than Al no one has improved. That is a bit worrisome.

How has Davis regressed? He’s been injured. McBob is who he has always been, but injured. Green is who he has been too, but injured and suspended. Smith, I’ll keep that to myself. Durham has improved. Morgan is who he was last season but he’s a 4 playing out of position.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Because his job is to keep us just floating enough to make a little money. And that’s what he is doing. If fans really wanted a change, they’d stop going to games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Exactly but they dont so there is zero pressure on glass.