Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB @ Rutgers- Game Thread

I was happy we got him and I want to believe in Archie, Tonight was proof we don’t have anyone on the bench to save us.  That said, there are things that definitely concern me.  Mostly how horrendous our offensive scheme is, the long stretches of no points, and numerous bad starts. 

However, out of the players we’ve seen play, give me Al and Rob (who both should be backup guards at this point) and the rest can move on, including Romeo.  I want so badly to like him and he be the savior but his lack of hustle is aggravating and I wonder if it’s been contagious.  This team has a low basketball IQ (hence why Archie only trusts an obviously injured McBob) and their effort isn’t much higher than their IQ.  

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Glass answers to McRobbie.  If anyone is looking for someone to blame, McRobbie is your man.  Well, and the board of trustees who apparently care only about east coast money and the .edu part of the University.   They clearly couldn't care less about sports.   They DO care some about sports facilities and making sure these precious little babies have the whirlpools they need and all feel accepted.   And hey, I think everyone "embraces diversity" too.   That's today's Indiana University.   

Can’t disagree with anything. We try so hard to be the holier than thou school and it blows up in our face. We’re a joke of an institution. And I say that as an alum.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Glass answers to McRobbie.  If anyone is looking for someone to blame, McRobbie is your man.  Well, and the board of trustees who apparently care only about east coast money and the .edu part of the University.   They clearly couldn't care less about sports.   They DO care some about sports facilities and making sure these precious little babies have the whirlpools they need and all feel accepted.   And hey, I think everyone "embraces diversity" too.   That's today's Indiana University.   

McRobbie is an easy person to blame but it's not his fault that our players play with zero heart or effort. 

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Do you think a Michael Lewis or a Dane Fife could fix this problem, or is it seeded deeper than any head coach could fix?

I've watched IU since 87 and I don't consider us a blue blood at all. We are nothing more than has-been and a poor man's Maryland. 

Hopefully we draw Boston College at home in the challenge next year and do the big ten a solid

I was happy we got him and I want to believe in Archie, Tonight was proof we don’t have anyone on the bench to save us.  That said, there are things that definitely concern me.  Mostly how horrendous our offensive scheme is, the long stretches of no points, and numerous bad starts. 
However, out of the players we’ve seen play, give me Al and Rob (who both should be backup guards at this point) and the rest can move on, including Romeo.  I want so badly to like him and he be the savior but his lack of hustle is aggravating and I wonder if it’s been contagious.  This team has a low basketball IQ (hence why Archie only trusts an obviously injured McBob) and their effort isn’t much higher than their IQ.  

If Archie is going to stay he needs to clean house. Keep al, rob, and Hunter and send the rest packing. Bring in the recruit a and 5 or 6 high major grad transfers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

McRobbie is an easy person to blame but it's not his fault that our players play with zero heart or effort. 

That’s very true. It’s a wide net for me. To me it’s systematic that started that high. I can understand arguments against that but that’s how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

Do you think a Michael Lewis or a Dane Fife could fix this problem, or is it seeded deeper than any head coach could fix?

It’s seeded deeper than any coach, and has been for 20 years. It’s the culture they’re trying to create behind the scenes that comes off so superficial. It’s handicapping our sports programs bad.

I got to think this hurts Harry Gonso and Quinn Buckner.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app