Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

4 hours ago, bryanthoosier40 said:

Does anyone know if IU is looking at this kid? The kid can flat out stroke it, What IU needs IMO

I can't say this with 100% certainty but I don't think he's had any major D1 offers to date and with the points he's putting up, if my belief is correct, there must be a reason the D1 schools aren't calling.

Yea he’s close to where I live. The competition is definitely nothing to brag about. But teams are double teaming him and he still can create. His ball handling is solid. He’s shooting NBA range at a high percentage and makes it look easy. He seems like a typical Butler player. I wish IU would land some more fundamentally sound/ great shooter kids like play hard

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I eould think his competition is not very good

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't know about that.  Their conference is pretty good historically.  Oak Hill is in that same one and they won a state title last year.  Frankton is in it as well, and they are looking pretty dang fine this year. 

In my previous post in this thread I made a comment "there must be a reason the D1 schools aren't calling."   Poor choice of words.  Certainly with the points he's putting up, schools are taking notice, but he's not yet received any actual major D1 offers that I'm aware of and that makes me wonder what they're seeing that offers aren't flowing.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In my previous post in this thread I made a comment "there must be a reason the D1 schools aren't calling."   Poor choice of words.  Certainly with the points he's putting up, schools are taking notice, but he's not yet received any actual major D1 offers that I'm aware of and that makes me wonder what they're seeing that offers aren't flowing.

I have seen several theories on why.  Lack of competition, his injury last year, and the most interesting was his AAU play.  

I have seen several theories on why.  Lack of competition, his injury last year, and the most interesting was his AAU play.  

All of the above are correct. This AAU season will be big for him and his recruitment by big time programs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/26/2019 at 8:41 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Friday night Blackford defeated Eastbrook 70 - 51.  Brown held to 20 pts. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Blackford Bruins 55, Jay County Patriots 40.  First loss for Jay County against Blackford since 2002.  Brown “held” to just 29 points.

More on his Friday night game.  Luke Brown scored 10 points in the first half on 5 of 6 shooting.  Though held well under his average, Brown was content to play the floor general and unselfishly dishing the ball for several wide open shots. He finished with 20 points. He added 2 rebounds, 4 steals and had a game-high 7 assists.

Saturday night game against Jay County.  Luke Brown scored 9 of the 17 first quarter points to push the Bruins to a 17-6 lead. That lead grew to 33-17 at the half. Brown had 18.  Brown, despite an 8 of 21 night from the floor, scored a game high 29. He hit all 10 free throws he attempted. He added 7 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists.

I'm very interested in this young man. Irreguardless of the school's size or strength of schedule,  LB is consistently putting up good numbers. Moreover, his team is winning. I would hope that Indiana basketball has at least shown some interest and started a "building a relationship " process with Luke. If he should continue to do well in the tournament and this summer's AAU, he could be one of those guys that we read about as blowing up.  Might be wise to get your foot in the door, Arch.

3 hours ago, LockdownD said:

I'm very interested in this young man. Irreguardless of the school's size or strength of schedule,  LB is consistently putting up good numbers. Moreover, his team is winning. I would hope that Indiana basketball has at least shown some interest and started a "building a relationship " process with Luke. If he should continue to do well in the tournament and this summer's AAU, he could be one of those guys that we read about as blowing up.  Might be wise to get your foot in the door, Arch.

Total agreement 

More info on Brown's Thursday night game against Tri-Central.  

Brown finished with 34 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and 8 assists.  He hit 16-17 FT.  Brown now sits at 955 points in his career in just 30 games played. He could become the fastest player ever to 1000 points in the next couple-three games. Jalen Blackmon of Marion recently accomplished that spectacular feat in just his 41st game played. 

NOTE:  This is from Blackford Athletics and his game total of 34 is 3 less than what was tweeted out last night.

Blackford and Luke Brown will have there hands full on Tuesday when they play Northwestern and Tayson Parker. This will be his first chance this season to go up against a D1 level guard prospect.

22 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Blackford and Luke Brown will have there hands full on Tuesday when they play Northwestern and Tayson Parker. This will be his first chance this season to go up against a D1 level guard prospect.

Will you be there?

No because I will be sitting on the sidelines for another varsity basketball game because our game from Thursday was postponed due to the weather.

I wrote the athletics director to try purchasing a couple tickets for the Blackford versus Muncie Burris basketball game on February 21.  It's a tiny gymnasium, so I wanted to try getting tickets prior to the game.  If I can't make it to this one, with it being about 100 paces from my workplace, then I'm apparently not going to make it to any.  Fingers crossed they sell me tickets...I worded it to the Burris director that I was only interested in that one game, but I'm sure home teams are used to this by now.