Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Doesn't mean he's a college shooter at the Big Ten level.  We had a kid make 67 three pointers last year, and he can't get off the bench at D3.  

Could be plenty of reasons for for not getting off the bench besides his shooting. But as far as Kaufman I’ve heard he’s been playing more on the perimeter and obviously he’s shooting jumpers. If he can’t be a 3 or stretch 4 then I don’t want him. I don’t want undersized 5’s like Morgan at IU anymore. There’s to many big 5’s in the B1G for that to be consistently successful.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Could be plenty of reasons for for not getting off the bench besides his shooting. But as far as Kaufman I’ve heard he’s been playing more on the perimeter and obviously he’s shooting jumpers. If he can’t be a 3 or stretch 4 then I don’t want him. I don’t want undersized 5’s like Morgan at IU anymore. There’s to many big 5’s in the B1G for that to be consistently successful.

Stretch 4 from what I’ve seen of him if he adds any bulk to the frame 

I'm not sure I understand the negative comments about Kaufman. He is considered one of the better high school players in the country (top 50) and a likely Mr. Indiana Basketball finalist. With TJD, Smith and Brunk gone 2 years from now, who will IU have to play in the front court?

He’s not top 50 anywhere. It’s not that Kaufman wouldn’t be a good get for IU. He’s just not the biggest need. Furst or someone like him and a PG are followed by a shooter.

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

I'm not sure I understand the negative comments about Kaufman. He is considered one of the better high school players in the country (top 50) and a likely Mr. Indiana Basketball finalist. With TJD, Smith and Brunk gone 2 years from now, who will IU have to play in the front court?

I don’t think it was meant in as negative a context as it comes across ....from what the browns said about playing with him in aau he appears to be a pretty good kid also...much like brown however I think iu has its sights set in people at the same position who they think are better ....you can’t really find anything negative about him he and one other silver creek player along with a solid team have basically made them state contenders in 3A for three years or their career...that’s impressive 

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

He’s not top 50 anywhere. It’s not that Kaufman wouldn’t be a good get for IU. He’s just not the biggest need. Furst or someone like him and a PG are followed by a shooter.

AND making sure that point guard is a distributer who shoots as well as a shooting guard specifically lol

Happy new year everyone ! Here’s to 2020, success for all our favorite high school recruits, success to our Hoosiers , and for god’s sake MORE touches for anyone who shoots 80% from the floor and makes a large number of our rebounding and blocked shots hustle plays !

Happy New Years. Here at Disney waiting for the early fireworks and reading about IU. Got in to three parks in a row for the rope drop so now I get to chill for a bit. IMG_1175.jpgWhat could be better

18 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Happy New Years. Here at Disney waiting for the early fireworks and reading about IU. Got in to three parks in a row for the rope drop so now I get to chill for a bit. IMG_1175.jpgWhat could be better

No better place to be ! Enjoy it, the weather , and the family 

8-39 from three the last two games ....19 total assists ...no one had more than 3 against Arkansas and no one had more than 2 against Maryland.  TJD is a home run but if anyone thinks we don’t have a recruiting issue in terms of the prototype arch has put in for guards they are delusional 

Posted yesterday afternoon on the Indiana High School Basketball Fans Facebook page.  

Blackford Boys coach Jerry Hoover is in the hospital suffering from pneumonia. Please send him a prayer for speedy recovery.

Coach Hoover is not a young man and pneumonia at any age is never good.  Spent a Thanksgiving in the hospital battling that crap many many years ago.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Posted yesterday afternoon on the Indiana High School Basketball Fans Facebook page.  

Blackford Boys coach Jerry Hoover is in the hospital suffering from pneumonia. Please send him a prayer for speedy recovery.

Coach Hoover is not a young man and pneumonia at any age is never good.  Spent a Thanksgiving in the hospital battling that crap many many years ago.

Thank you for touching on this I wasn’t aware that it had been made public and was hesitant to share it without knowing that fact.  He has been ill for several weeks ( likely with pneumonia ) and had wanted to tough it out to stay with the team rather than seek care.  I truly hope he is ok.  Not many characters left like him.

Make that 11-53 over 3 game span which would have been our third straight loss if not for TJD and northwestern injury problems.  Now 30 assists in last 3 games and al Durham had 4 of those 3 against northwestern.  Guard play is not only not improving ... it appears to be getting worse.