Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

7 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I didn’t think you were giving Stroble a hard time I thought you were correct I just meant I hate to think of him as a detriment  to the team Since he’s from a good fam and a good kid ...I could see that being a correct take on Luke  ....I think the other kids on the Blackford team play hard in games that they are expected to contend when they get in a game against a big highly rated team they clam up under the bright lights ( other than Luke who is used to it ).  You should check out one of his games in summer league ...he played with hopf and Kaufman against top level competition and his scoring obviously wasn’t as high but he still scored and also lead the team in assists 

i like Kaufman.  Indiana doesn't need him, but he's a solid player.  Haven't seen much of Hopf yet.  Luke Brown can be a successful college player, and if Indiana had a couple more...."guys," he'd be a good fit.  

37 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

i like Kaufman.  Indiana doesn't need him, but he's a solid player.  Haven't seen much of Hopf yet.  Luke Brown can be a successful college player, and if Indiana had a couple more...."guys," he'd be a good fit.  

Fair assessment ....did you catch tonight’s disaster ? It  was like you had written a prophecy ....it was all your observations from Friday but even more severe 

11 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Fair assessment ....did you catch tonight’s disaster ? It  was like you had written a prophecy ....it was all your observations from Friday but even more severe 

Ha. No, I didn't see it.   I saw the comments that said it looked like only Brown cared, but that's about all.   In my opinion, there's absolutely no way to get a fair assessment of Brown watching a high school game because he doesn't have any help, and every team he plays throws either player after player at him or junk defenses to stop him.

I've been coaching 22 years now.  High school level for 11.  I've seen a lot.  I don't always know how to articulate what I see and I sure don't have a whole lot of original thoughts about players, etc.   But I do usually know what I'm looking at and described it when you asked the other day.    I'm sorry to hear they had a disaster.   The team I'm with now has no common opponents, so I won't even see film on them.  I've seen Muncie Burris on film because we played a team which played them, but that's as close as I get and Blackford doesn't play MB until February 27th.   Please keep me posted!

26 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Ha. No, I didn't see it.   I saw the comments that said it looked like only Brown cared, but that's about all.   In my opinion, there's absolutely no way to get a fair assessment of Brown watching a high school game because he doesn't have any help, and every team he plays throws either player after player at him or junk defenses to stop him.

I've been coaching 22 years now.  High school level for 11.  I've seen a lot.  I don't always know how to articulate what I see and I sure don't have a whole lot of original thoughts about players, etc.   But I do usually know what I'm looking at and described it when you asked the other day.    I'm sorry to hear they had a disaster.   The team I'm with now has no common opponents, so I won't even see film on them.  I've seen Muncie Burris on film because we played a team which played them, but that's as close as I get and Blackford doesn't play MB until February 27th.   Please keep me posted!

Will do ...Stroble was 5-15 and had worse shot selection if that’s possible ....completely disappeared on rebounding and transition defense ....Luke had 5 steals and was the only one that looked semi interested in hustle ...appreciation your input and opinion ! Good luck with your season 

16 hours ago, Old Friend said:

So, are you saying that Kaufman is over-rated at #30 or that IU doesn't need an instate player that is rated that high? If his ranking is close to being accurate, IU needs him!

45 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

So, are you saying that Kaufman is over-rated at #30 or that IU doesn't need an instate player that is rated that high? If his ranking is close to being accurate, IU needs him!

I assumed he meant positionally ....but I’m with you as far as taking anyone inside the top 100 especially if they can shoot 

They don’t need him if they got someone else that is similar. That said right now they do. I would say that Kaufman’s position isn’t the biggest need though for that class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

They don’t need him if they got someone else that is similar. That said right now they do. I would say that Kaufman’s position isn’t the biggest need though for that class.

Who? If you are referring to TJD they are different type of players. Hunter maybe. He hasn't showed that he can shoot or he is even ready to contribute that much yet. Justin Smith...well, we lnow what we get there. No consistency. Besides, we may only have TJD for 2yrs the way he is projecting. I believe that we will have 4 spots available. PG and another big, definitely a freakn shooter whether a wing or SG. I wouldn't consider Kaufman a 5, but we can use another 4 also.

Who? If you are referring to TJD they are different type of players. Hunter maybe. He hasn't showed that he can shoot or he is even ready to contribute that much yet. Justin Smith...well, we lnow what we get there. No consistency. Besides, we may only have TJD for 2yrs the way he is projecting. I believe that we will have 4 spots available. PG and another big, definitely a freakn shooter whether a wing or SG. I wouldn't consider Kaufman a 5, but we can use another 4 also.

I view 1 and 5 the biggest needs. Then. Shooter and a big wing. Kaufman is a big wing. As is Trey Patterson and I’d put Aminu Muhammad in that category with the way he plays even though he isn’t as tall. That said I want Kaufman but he isn’t the biggest need imo.

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I think definite 4 as far as position and given he’s only a junior I think that does leave roster spots ....also kinda depends what Caleb Furst decides 

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I view 1 and 5 the biggest needs. Then. Shooter and a big wing. Kaufman is a big wing. As is Trey Patterson and I’d put Aminu Muhammad in that category with the way he plays even though he isn’t as tall. That said I want Kaufman but he isn’t the biggest need imo.

I like “...and then a shooter “ if the 1 we sign is ALSO a shooter lol 

5 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Indiana already has 3 guys committed next season who are 6'5"-6'6".  Kaufman is listed at 6'8", but he's not that tall.  He also isn't much of a shooter and plays almost exclusively in the post.  Since we have Hunter, Smith, and the 3 recruits next season, I just see a log jam.    I also think we need PG's and bigs more than him, but I'm also willing to be wrong in saying we don't need him and maybe he can be Juwon Morgan?.  He's ranked #60 on 247 and #86 on RIvals (who lists him at 6'7").  Where is he #30?   

7 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Indiana already has 3 guys committed next season who are 6'5"-6'6".  Kaufman is listed at 6'8", but he's not that tall.  He also isn't much of a shooter and plays almost exclusively in the post.  Since we have Hunter, Smith, and the 3 recruits next season, I just see a log jam.    I also think we need PG's and bigs more than him, but I'm also willing to be wrong in saying we don't need him and maybe he can be Juwon Morgan?.  He's ranked #60 on 247 and #86 on RIvals (who lists him at 6'7").  Where is he #30?   

Shooting is a must 

Just now, Geometry Hoosier said:

I just looked at Luke's stats according to MaxPreps
2pt fg% 67
3pt fg% 40
Ft % 88
32.5 pts per game.
80 assists
There's no doubt this kid is a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was going to say to bring the thread back on track ...I happen to know an undersized 1 guard who may be the best shooter in the state !

Not to discredit you’re argument but Kaufman is leading Silver Creek in 3’s attempted and made.

5 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

I just looked at Luke's stats according to MaxPreps
2pt fg% 67
3pt fg% 40
Ft % 88
32.5 pts per game.
80 assists
There's no doubt this kid is a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And furthermore ...every free throw miss came at the north Daviess tournament which I’m pretty sure had rims that were half regulation size :)

37 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Not to discredit you’re argument but Kaufman is leading Silver Creek in 3’s attempted and made.

Doesn't mean he's a college shooter at the Big Ten level.  We had a kid make 67 three pointers last year, and he can't get off the bench at D3.