Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

As mentioned before, you seem to know the kid. If he physically develops and IU comes in during his junior year while others have been attending games and building a relationship would he still prefer IU or go to another Big Ten school? Just trying to see how Archie and Staff might be playing this out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My honest opinion ? IU was/is a lock if they would even just have marginal/token contact with him over the next couple of years ( this is obviously barring an unforeseen circumstance such as a promise for a starting spot as a freshman or iu singing multiple guards from that class that appear to be 4 year players more skilled than him ).  I get the feeling that if a Purdue or a Wisconsin or an Iowa is contacting him regularly and they have a system and roster that fits him well come 2020 late or 2021 early it wouldn’t shock me at all if he set aside IU being his favorite and went elsewhere.  Right now doesn’t look like that would be a program altering loss but it could be extremely regrettable if he does add size. 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Kaufman got an official offer ...hopefully that means they don’t stop watching that team and have some convos with Luke while they are around for Kaufman

Until a commitment, the staff will NOT stop watching this team. Word from Bloomington this past weekend is that CAM is really high on Kaufman.

3 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Until a commitment, the staff will NOT stop watching this team. Word from Bloomington this past weekend is that CAM is really high on Kaufman.

Luke’s fam spoke highly of him ...sounds like a great kid...I think that’s a really good team in general they’ve moved to an 8th place ranking nationally 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:48 PM, MikeRoberts said:

I couldn’t care less about size. You can’t have starting 5 of 6 footers but having one that is a hard worker, playmaker and scorer is not a bad thing. Some of the best players in the nba are scrawny as can be

"....Some of the best players in the nba are scrawny as can be" 

Like who? 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Like who? 

I mean KD isn't a big dude....... but he is like 7'. 

Can't think of anyone else really. Look at Steph and Giannis now compared to what they looked like coming into the league. They got jacked You have to be to make it through an 82 game season

Like who? 

The game is no longer about brute strength and bulk, it’s now about speed and space. This change has been happening for a long time. Even when the game was more about brute strength, guys like Allen Iverson and Reggie Miller we’re crushing it and now that the game has changed, guys like Kevin Durant and Steph Curry are crushing it.

The more you slim down the more you are able to make it through a full season. It’s hard on your body carrying extra weight.

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

The game is no longer about brute strength and bulk, it’s now about speed and space. This change has been happening for a long time. Even when the game was more about brute strength, guys like Allen Iverson and Reggie Miller we’re crushing it and now that the game has changed, guys like Kevin Durant and Steph Curry are crushing it.

The more you slim down the more you are able to make it through a full season. It’s hard on your body carrying extra weight.

And you can see it has dramatically trickled down into the college and high school game as well

13 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

It's sometimes hard for me to make it through the day carrying the extra weight .....