Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Blackford wrapped up its season with a 92 - 54 pounding of Anderson Prep.  Blackford started 5 seniors and Brown didn't enter the game until midway through the 1st Q and was scoreless in the 1st; he scored 10 in the 2nd; scoreless in the 3rd and 11 in the 4th to finish with 21 points.  He only took 10 shots from the field and Stroble was Blackford's leading scorer with 35 points.  I think he's a junior and will be back next year.  I had Brown with 6-10 FG; 1-5 on 3's; 8-10 FT.  I also had him with 10 assists many of which were to Stroble.  NOTE:  Blackford Athletics credited Brown with 22 points

You aren’t far off ...I just left their senior night after party and the talk was 21  not 22 and I had eleven shots from field could have been 10

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Yes they did. Brown could’ve scored as many points as he wanted if he played the whole game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Correct ...they moved him off ball in the fourth for one of the first times this season and he got 8 quick points cutting into the paint at will ....that’s just his nature...completely selfless ....I was a little surprised though as he was only 80 points shy of the 25 highest scoring season in Indiana history ( none of which were by a sophomore ) and Hoover didn’t send him after it .....I certainly don’t see him putting up 59 on delta lol

Anyone still think 6’1 types like Bohannon can’t cut it ....Luke puts on 30 more pounds and they are the same size.  I would be shocked if he’s not 175 as a senior and then working with a college trainer thereafter would habe him that size as a frosh easily and that’s even if doesn’t even grow and inch.

Anyone still think 6’1 types like Bohannon can’t cut it ....Luke puts on 30 more pounds and they are the same size.  I would be shocked if he’s not 175 as a senior and then working with a college trainer thereafter would habe him that size as a frosh easily and that’s even if doesn’t even grow and inch.
So sign him up before purdue gets him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

21 points on 10 shots is pretty efficient ...probably the most “off” game I’ve ever seen him play.  He seemed to be chatting with the officials a lot and had words for people seated behind the APA bench.  Also missed 2 free throws for only the second time in 37 games.  Just goes to show how much he’s spoiled us when 21 and 6 is an off game only taking 10 shots 

On 2/22/2019 at 6:12 PM, ap2345 said:

CoachSS posts on hoosier sports nation and peegs. His real name is Sam Story and he claims to know inside info at IU. He sometimes tweets things as well. He’s also gotten into it with Brian Snow before with clashing info on Brooks in recent weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh, wow! This explains a lot with the silliness that is Sam Story. Thanks!

On 2/22/2019 at 7:15 PM, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Thank you! Glad to see so much interest/insight!  Will look forward to future discussions.

Immediately after my first post Old Fart welcomed me. I felt welcomed immediately. I’ll never forget it. 

Your first post, which I happened to catch because it was in response to one of mine, and I welcomed you.

It’s the best site on Indiana University basketball I’ve found, and I’m glad you found it too. Enjoy!  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wishtv.com/amp/news/local-news/hartford-city-fills-bleachers-for-blackford-hs-basketball/1802838682

this interview is a good example of how this kid is ALL the time.  He’s not the type that will say the right things for the camera .  He actually walks the walk.  Someone’s going to be thrilled to have him as a four year player and I hope it’s us.

8 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/2949994002

and an interesting piece from the indystar

Knowing the shooting woes of Indiana this year and the fact guys like Bohannon and Kline have completely taken over and changed the outcome of games makes this article all the more convincing that long-distance shooters are mandatory on any roster.  

I was at the Ball State game this weekend where BSU led the entire game and then couldn't hit any open threes to save their lead and the game in the late stages.  New Castle's sharp shooter committed to Ball State.  BSU has struggled from 3 this year, which in the past has often been among its better strengths, so his addition will hopefully help their cause.  Indiana needs shooters...and/or a guy like Tim Buckley on the staff.

27 minutes ago, ray said:

Knowing the shooting woes of Indiana this year and the fact guys like Bohannon and Kline have completely taken over and changed the outcome of games makes this article all the more convincing that long-distance shooters are mandatory on any roster.  

I was at the Ball State game this weekend where BSU led the entire game and then couldn't hit any open threes to save their lead and the game in the late stages.  New Castle's sharp shooter committed to Ball State.  BSU has struggled from 3 this year, which in the past has often been among its better strengths, so his addition will hopefully help their cause.  Indiana needs shooters...and/or a guy like Tim Buckley on the staff.

Bumbalogh can shoot from anywhere...as an upperclassmen he will be a dangerous weapon for bsu.

22 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

So is Archie just the kind of coach that doesn’t offer early unless it’s a Romeo-esque player? Nothing to Leal or Galloway from my understanding. I just worry that waiting on some of these players might become detrimental.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed ...I don’t follow those two but hopefully he is at least sending representatives to their games to stay in contact.  Luke has had someone from Purdue at about half of his games and while he is on record saying IU is his dream school I can tell you with certainty that he and his family notice that Purdue has been in attendance so often.

Just now, HoosierX said:

And by the look of him, that guy has been around for a long, long time!

Yes he’s 84 this year ...has coached an NBA player...has been an assistant at small colleges ...and had a women’s ms basketball.  If it’s happened he has seen it and he doesn’t typically exaggerate.