Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Just crazy that other Indiana recruiting websites that focus on only Indiana kids recruiting, high, major or low never mentioned any coaches visiting during the year for him while other mid major kids that are in the same position as him have been reported as having coaches watching. Plus since I went to Indiana St And follow their recruiting pretty closely I know they haven’t been to watch him during the year. Good luck in regionals and for his continued pursuit of the scoring record. Hopefully he ends up in Terre Haute. He reminds me of Cooper Neese only not as big

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

All the schools I mentioned have sent assistant coaches except ball states head coach came to the game at Burris ( it’s on their campus )  Purdue has sent reps that are not on the coaching staff .....

Nojel Eastern's mother perhaps?

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just crazy that other Indiana recruiting websites that focus on only Indiana kids recruiting, high, major or low never mentioned any coaches visiting during the year for him while other mid major kids that are in the same position as him have been reported as having coaches watching. Plus since I went to Indiana St And follow their recruiting pretty closely I know they haven’t been to watch him during the year. Good luck in regionals and for his continued pursuit of the scoring record. Hopefully he ends up in Terre Haute. He reminds me of Cooper Neese only not as big

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A lot of them stick around to talk to ted and the coach and have been pretty interactive with fans ( jovial, personable, etc)  if nothing he likes better comes along I’d be thrilled with ISU ball state or Akron ....the former two would allow me more opportunity to watch live games and the second I think would be his best ncaa tourney shot ( to have both regular chance to get in and chance to do some damage ) and it’s still close enough to make a game occasionally.   

thanks for the well wishes with regional the ticket riots caused a lot of community stress yesterday but other than that little controversy it’s been a really fun experience and you can tell the kids are thrilled 

i would doubt you’ll see much return action from the schools that Already  made of their mind to offer they can call him to show him they are still interested but I’ll start doing pictures and posts for any new teams or return visits ( at the risk of escalating behavior which has already been termed nicely as “over zealous “ lol )

Shame for the fans and shame for the players having to play in a strange low attendance environment but still thankful for the IHSAA not rushing to cancel and leave these kids and seniors with a disaster end to their dreams.  My step son will get to go but it’s likely I’ll be watching my second Blackford game in three years from a stream rather than live ...good luck to the bruins and all the regional competitors around in the State stuck in this strange situation !

Tough to find anything to be happy about ...disappointed for all college and high school athletes ....one decent bit of news for next year ...in addition to playing at new Albany Blackford was invited to the HOF classic and will play what would have likely been the final four of 2A had regional played out only swapping Linton Stockton for barr Reeve.....if anyone has doubts about Luke playing against high caliber teams then check out that tournament ....Blackhawk Christian BR and shanandoah can play against any team from any class and acquit themselves especially next year as SHS and BR return their top 3 scorers each ( barr Reeve essentially replaces Keegan oniel with Curt hopf )....should be a really fun 3 games and a good showcase for Luke hopf and furst

End of year update :

-brown named Indiana junior all star
-Brown picked by IBCA to Supreme 15 underclassman
-brown selected all-state third team by AP...the 15 all-state players were made up of 9 seniors and 6 Juniors

- finishes season 66/40/90 ...second time he has finished a season 50/40/90 ( his freshman year he was the only player in the state out of over 4,000 varsity players and I haven’t found a second person to do it this year so he was one of few if not the only one )

-finishes first in scoring at 32.3 and 3rd in assists at 7.7 ( 11 assists off the state lead )

brown leaning towards taking offer from under armor rise team but the aau season is a serious question mark at this point

hope everyone is staying safe ! Hopefully we can get some basketball in at the end of summer

29 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Wow, shoulda known that, thanks. Whatever the level of competition, that's impressive.

I agree ...it also shocked me that in the 17-18 season he was the ONLY one in the state ...anytime you’re the only one of something it is worth paying attention to 

10 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

I hope we are not making a mistake passing on this kid.

Most on this board have been very happy to pass on him for what he is not.   I don't think you ever pass on a kid who has the skills and IQ he does, but I'm not a college coach.