Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Watched about a quarter of the livestream last night and it seemed like Blackford was just toying with Tipton. Brown especially was being very passive and allowing his teammates to just do their thing, but you got the sense if it got too close he would just take over and handle it. Physical limitations are going to keep him from going to an IU or Purdue, but he's going to be a very tough player for wherever he ends up. 

Also, Blackford's announcers were incredibly entertaining for the live stream. They must not be working with the school because they felt free to say whatever they pleased and it was refreshing to hear real commentary instead of the boring and scripted blathering that goes on with announcers on TV.

I think you are spot on ...there have been several games that have gone that way and I think he’s very forward thinking for his age about trying to get the other players involved and get their confidence up moving into the next game .....I think it’s probably also correct about iu being a foregone conclusion however with the contact Purdue has made and with the offers they’ve made to people in the past ( foster loyer most recently ) I think if Purdue had more than one open slot left for 2021 he’d be in the running for it....absent getting to a legit 6’3 ( right now he’s not the listed 6’2) I don’t think iu will have interest even if he makes a state run and carries them there ( which also isn’t possible with Blackhawk Christian at the semi state match up)

lol the tv guys people either love or hate I know lots of people that watch it on mute and I know some Blackford people that done come to the games specifically to hear them ...they are interesting characters 

33 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Looks like Blackford has a good chance to get to Semi-State. They won’t run into Bowman/Fort Wayne Blackhawk until then.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree it’s set up well they couldn’t have asked for a better path ...if they don’t advance it’s on them 

I have seen Blackhawk and furst a couple times and know how dominant they look ...I know nothing about  bowman ....would bowman even have a chance against BC ?

The irony was not lost on me when I posted that! :)
It’s quite apparent to me that you are a gracious person, but this is an IU-centered board, and Luke Brown is currently in NO way an IU recruit.

I'd say he's more relevant than the fishing thread right? Book thread?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

What about the Blake Sisley thread?

At least Sisley's thread doesn't get beaten to death by an insane number of posts from one individual many of which are repetitive in content.  Kids we actively recruited and/or offered have less pages than does Luke Brown.  And yes, I don't have to read the Luke Brown thread and I don't.    (At least not very often)

At least Sisley's thread doesn't get beaten to death by an insane number of posts from one individual many of which are repetitive in content.  Kids we actively recruited and/or offered have less pages than does Luke Brown.  And yes, I don't have to read the Luke Brown thread and I don't.
You don't have to read it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

At least Sisley's thread doesn't get beaten to death by an insane number of posts from one individual many of which are repetitive in content.  Kids we actively recruited and/or offered have less pages than does Luke Brown.  And yes, I don't have to read the Luke Brown thread and I don't.    (At least not very often)

Is this thread a problem for mods?

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Great question!

I get private messages now and then complaining that it still exists. Not a tremendous pain in the backside, but considering my mod paycheck of ... zero, not what I'm hoping for.

Part of the territory though. So, the thread lives on!

I don’t have a problem with it. If people want to track how he is doing and get information on his recruitment then this is the thread for them. If people want to track only kids that are on IU’s radar or high major level kids then this probably isn’t the thread for them. I follow his recruitment because I think he would have a chance to get better at ISU as an upperclassman. Brown is a lighting rod recruit because of all extra attention his camp has brought to themselves on their pursuit of a scoring record and lack of completion played. While that might help him break Damon’s record it appears to have caused his recruitment to slow down. how many schools that have offered him a scholly have showed up to watch him play during his high school year? I haven’t seen any reports of them watching him. That doesn’t mean they have cooled off all that means is they are not going to waste a recruiting day on watching him play that schedule. I expect all the coaches that have offered to track him heavily during the summer and if he plays well I expect more mid majors to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I THINK he means me ...I might be offended if he doesn’t for letting someone else show more interest than me 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Great question!

I get private messages now and then complaining that it still exists. Not a tremendous pain in the backside, but considering my mod paycheck of ... zero, not what I'm hoping for.

Part of the territory though. So, the thread lives on!

Appreciate the patience And volunteered time  all jests aside 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I don’t have a problem with it. If people want to track how he is doing and get information on his recruitment then this is the thread for them. If people want to track only kids that are on IU’s radar or high major level kids then this probably isn’t the thread for them. I follow his recruitment because I think he would have a chance to get better at ISU as an upperclassman. Brown is a lighting rod recruit because of all extra attention his camp has brought to themselves on their pursuit of a scoring record and lack of completion played. While that might help him break Damon’s record it appears to have caused his recruitment to slow down. how many schools that have offered him a scholly have showed up to watch him play during his high school year? I haven’t seen any reports of them watching him. That doesn’t mean they have cooled off all that means is they are not going to waste a recruiting day on watching him play that schedule. I expect all the coaches that have offered to track him heavily during the summer and if he plays well I expect more mid majors to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree entirely with your perspective on the thread 

two things I will point out :

1. All the offering schools have had reps at games that I have noticed personally other than Milwaukee ...Toledo has been present more than anyone else but most have been more than once 

2. I would agree 100% that I would be the first to quickly change Blackfords 3 or 4 worst opponents ( they could swap for Norwell delta and new castle , be competitive , and instantly have one of the strongest schedules in 2A ......it’s a misconception that their schedule is horrible or that they are chasing the scoring record ...if you take out the 3-5 cupcake games you see the rest of the schedule measure up at their size.  They have a tough conference and their schedule last year had 7 sectional champions this year it has the past three state two A champs to go along with a top ten 3A all year and number 1 and number 6 ranked 1A teams.  Next year they add new Albany and possibly a tournament at new castle.  The scoring record I truly believe he could care less about ...watch him play ...when games are firmly in hand he looks to pass ....he played several games the last couple years against teams he could easily put up 50 or more points and especially towards the end of the session he has scored some of his lowest totals (17 pts last year against Anderson prep and lower totals against Burris this year ).  I could see from the outside it looking that way but he really only cares about winning I don’t think he has any desire to beat bailey unless it’s en route to state or semi state appearances where his scoring is necessary.

49 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

This kid is leading the state in scoring and assists as a junior. A rare feat.

Not just unique ...it’s never happened for a player of any age according to every conceivable report I’ve seen ....he has several accomplishments that no one has ever duplicated in the history of our states most beloved prep sport and things like that will create attention 

How many legit D1 players did he play during the high school season?
Why not report in this thread when a D1 coach or his assistants are at at his games? The point of a recruiting thread is to update when good things happen and if an assistant or the head coach spend a recruiting day doing that then that’s a big deal. If the reps you are talking about are not the head coach or assistant coach then that’s not really say anything

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

How many legit D1 players did he play during the high school season?
Why not report in this thread when a D1 coach or his assistants are at at his games? The point of a recruiting thread is to update when good things happen and if an assistant or the head coach spend a recruiting day doing that then that’s a big deal. If the reps you are talking about are not the head coach or assistant coach then that’s not really say anything

All the schools I mentioned have sent assistant coaches except ball states head coach came to the game at Burris ( it’s on their campus )  Purdue has sent reps that are not on the coaching staff ......I did post on several of these and was mostly ridiculed / given a “ big deal” attitude ....I have also posted on each offer he has received when received and gotten basically the same reaction because they are schools most people consider to be “ beneath iu “

....I’m not arguing against their argument or lack of interest in the info simply justifying why I haven’t added to my already  high volume but I will absolutely provide more on those topics as they continue to occur 

if you mean legit D1 as in playing someone that will go to a power 6 school for SURE I will say zero and he won’t unless he makes semi state where he will be against Blackhawk and that’s a fair point on your part but also a fair point is he gets those in the summer but the teams he plays (15-20 of them ) are competitive enough or competent enough that they can stop even D1 talent from scoring 30-40 points per game with 2-3 defenders and no one has been able to keep him from doing that ....I would say in season 1-3 players that COULD play D1 and then he plays a handful of your Wesleyan / Marian/ U of I players