Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

1 hour ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Scherry at Heritage Hills?

Correct and Johnell Davis with Gary 21st century charter ...both seniors ...both tough players on 18 plus win teams ...not positive on heritage hills but 21st century charter should get a minimum of 6 postseason games and I was told heritage hills is favored in their sectional 

13 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Correct and Johnell Davis with Gary 21st century charter ...both seniors ...both tough players on 18 plus win teams ...not positive on heritage hills but 21st century charter should get a minimum of 6 postseason games and I was told heritage hills is favored in their sectional 

Heritage Hills got a bye the first round and will play the winner of Evansville Bosse and Gibson Southern on Friday night.  Most project a Bosse vs Heritage Hills matchup.  If/when it happens, it will be a battle.  The winner of Sectional 32 will most likely face Silver Creek in regional so a deep run is definitely not a given. 

1 hour ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Heritage Hills got a buy the first round and will play the winner of Evansville Bosse and Gibson Southern on Friday night.  Most project a Bosse vs Heritage Hills matchup.  If/when it happens, it will be a battle.  The winner of Sectional 32 will most likely face Silver Creek in regional so a deep run is definitely not a given. 

Yeah great call ....I didn’t realize they would hit silver creek prior to semi state ...having a bye in the first round likely means they would be a four game maximum ....21st century charter gets kouts in sectional but already beat them pretty easily I don’t see them getting challenged till semi state 

Blackford should get 3 for sure and past that would have a solid chance to get up to 6 ...they didn’t get a bye so that would add a game and while their regional has possible wins I think their regional  hits Blackhawk  in semi state and I don’t think anyone in 2A beats them unless shanandoah or linton play out of their minds 

On 3/13/2019 at 8:36 AM, HoosierCoop said:

Have them work with Norwell to get that scheduled.  Playing Homestead every year does us no good when they are bigger and non-conference.  At least Blackford would be a potential Sectional match up.

Man wish they would have gone the way of your suggestion ...would have been a great game to watch ....Norwell looks amazing this year 

First half Blackford 45-30 ...brown has 16 ...no 3’s ...he scored 8 straight in a 15-20 second stretch ...Taylor has some long athletic perimeter players and they are double teaming brown ...they are super careless with the ball im trying to run it back in my head and I think brown has 7 steals at halftime

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

When the last six consecutive posts in a thread are by the same poster, it is a sure sign that the poster is talking only to his/herself.

On an anonymous message board, that is truly extraordinary!

Gee thanks for breaking my streak ....

and HISself in this particular instance for reference should you have further need 

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Gee thanks for breaking my streak ....

The irony was not lost on me when I posted that! :)

It’s quite apparent to me that you are a gracious person, but this is an IU-centered board, and Luke Brown is currently in NO way an IU recruit.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The irony was not lost on me when I posted that! :)

It’s quite apparent to me that you are a gracious person, but this is an IU-centered board, and Luke Brown is currently in NO way an IU recruit.

Agreed ...and I certainly have always valued your feedback ....but while it’s an iu centered board ...it IS a Luke brown centered thread No ? From a devils advocacy standpoint ?  ( which I may do a poor job of being conspicuous in the vein of being as or more enthusiastic about i realize  )

11 minutes ago, cchuntsman said:

That’s true, but while I only speak for one person here, I enjoy reading it.  Luke is an interesting player.  

While I’m not one to post much, I do enjoy reading about Luke.  If you don’t, no need to come here and give grief to someone posting something.  

Luke is a great player in the state of Indiana, and I think that deserves a thread for those of us that like to post or read about him.  We continue to have threads about kids who are not from Indiana and have committed elsewhere.  I think this is okay to have.  

Thanks so much! I’m definitely on the same page ( clearly ) ...in stuhoos defense though I think he was more ribbing me than giving me full on grief ...he has posted here many times and interacted with me in an extremely respectful way even when he is disagreeing ....I never mind people disagreeing with me especially if they do it with a sense of humor 

That’s true, but while I only speak for one person here, I enjoy reading it.  Luke is an interesting player.  

While I’m not one to post much, I do enjoy reading about Luke.  If you don’t, no need to come here and give grief to someone posting something.  

Luke is a great player in the state of Indiana, and I think that deserves a thread for those of us that like to post or read about him.  We continue to have threads about kids who are not from Indiana and have committed elsewhere.  I think this is okay to have.  
You hit the nail on the head. Don't want to read it, don't open it. There are lots of threads I don't open up to read

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Watched about a quarter of the livestream last night and it seemed like Blackford was just toying with Tipton. Brown especially was being very passive and allowing his teammates to just do their thing, but you got the sense if it got too close he would just take over and handle it. Physical limitations are going to keep him from going to an IU or Purdue, but he's going to be a very tough player for wherever he ends up. 

Also, Blackford's announcers were incredibly entertaining for the live stream. They must not be working with the school because they felt free to say whatever they pleased and it was refreshing to hear real commentary instead of the boring and scripted blathering that goes on with announcers on TV.