Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yes because of his size, speed, and competition. It didn’t add Louisville when talking about IU and PU. It said he has suitors like IU and PU. He does play at a high level but he picked a bad year. 2021 is absolutely loaded in this state. It said he watched a Louisville game in person (6 other recruits were at). It didn’t say how IU and PU were suitors (they haven’t been watching him). I have seen nothing that says either team is interested in him. IU has quite a few guards with size that Archie is after. I see us getting Wesley.

I personally wouldn’t look too much into one game. I saw Sean Kline light up Zach Randolph right after ZBO’s gun charge to win sectional in 1999. Sean had like 36 and 20. We hadn’t beat Marion in years. Sean had a great game. I just think putting too much stock in one game with a thought of the type of player without watching it is dangerous.

There is a strong reason why no national analyst has him on their radar. They are at every event LB was at. These coaches are at every AAU tournament without a single offer or any high major team recruiting him. I hope the kid goes to a situation where can have a Bryce Drew type of career at a mid major. That would be fantastic. I think CM gets drafted and plays MLB. Not all bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldn’t say any of this is wrong ...snow finally gave him some attention this fall after Charlie Hughes shootout ....I hope the best for him as well wherever that is also great reference I was at that game ! Saw Kline Randolph and oak hills odle many times while at Blackford !

14 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I'd say I'll be back on this topic when the kid is in candy stripes in a couple years... But I know how certain folks on the board feel about people boasting about being right the whole time. 

It would be a glorious sight ...gonna take a lot of work and another ten pounds this summer as well as some other people turning us down though I’m afraid 

34 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

It would be a glorious sight ...gonna take a lot of work and another ten pounds this summer as well as some other people turning us down though I’m afraid 

It would also require Archie Miller acknowledging that Luke Brown exists. 

24 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It would also require Archie Miller acknowledging that Luke Brown exists. 

LOL! I think you’re correct although One could argue  he seems to not know some of his guards exist NOW as it appears there ain’t much back court coaching being done ........

I'd say I'll be back on this topic when the kid is in candy stripes in a couple years... But I know how certain folks on the board feel about people boasting about being right the whole time. 

Not sure if this was at me since we were just talking prior. I guess you can if that makes you feel better. I don’t plan on boasting back at you on this subject.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Not sure if this was at me since we were just talking prior. I guess you can if that makes you feel better. I don’t plan on boasting back at you on this subject.

It was at me. Still upset about the other day, it seems. 

19 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It was at me. Still upset about the other day, it seems. 

It was also at me! He may have an issue with...  “HovamdnStu”

I hid a bunch of the nastiness, but mods can follow the crud-trail.

Had Kline and Kramer ...current coach Craig Teagle used to be at jay county ...had some really good teams ...had you graduated before Kline ?

Yeah I was a year ahead of him. I couldn’t have got away with the things Sean did in school. It’s kind of funny in a way, but Sean was our Luke Brown. Our town was the same way. With Kramer it just wasn’t as big of a deal. But RMK coming to your gym versus a young Painter.

34 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I was a year ahead of him. I couldn’t have got away with the things Sean did in school. It’s kind of funny in a way, but Sean was our Luke Brown. Our town was the same way. With Kramer it just wasn’t as big of a deal. But RMK coming to your gym versus a young Painter.

I couldn’t agree more I was  01 as well and there was most definitely a different buzz ( at least that I observed ) locally for Kline as opposed to Kramer  ...same with odle at oak hill ...coach Knight would have never had a reason to be at Blackford lol but I have a feeling he’s the type that would have at least caught a Luke brown game at some point ...that’s why coach almost always owned the state when it came to kids willing to work 

13 hours ago, mdn82 said:

You guys also probably played Belmont who had Seth coleclasure who went to valpo and is an all time top 25 scorer 

After the 54 point game but collapse Blackford bounced back against frankton and this time held their 20 plus point lead...they left a single defender on Luke in the first half and he had 20 points and 3 assists by my count and was given several good looks off the dribble for 3...second half they stayed mostly man to man but sent a second defender at Luke every possession he finished with 31 points for sure and I counted 7 assists but that could be as many as one high or one or two low depending on how a couple were officially scored 

After the 54 point game but collapse Blackford bounced back against frankton and this time held their 20 plus point lead...they left a single defender on Luke in the first half and he had 20 points and 3 assists by my count and was given several good looks off the dribble for 3...second half they stayed mostly man to man but sent a second defender at Luke every possession he finished with 31 points for sure and I counted 7 assists but that could be as many as one high or one or two low depending on how a couple were officially scored 

This didn’t surprise me since Frankton is so limited offensively this year.