Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

19 minutes ago, cchuntsman said:

Does anyone have a sense if Luke would be interested in IU as a Preferred Walk-On?  Or if IU would be willing to offer that?

I think iu was his dream school and he would have taken any chance to play ...but as he has improved and as I’ve seen how competitive he is ...I’m not so sure how it would pan out anymore ...I think it depends on if any other offers come in with playing time promises attached at an early age which some of the MAC schools may have already done 

19 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I don’t know his family’s situation, but as someone who chose to go to IU as a walk-on at IU to play soccer instead of taking scholarship offers from other programs because it was my dream school, my advice to him (as I sit here with six figures of student loan debt) is take the free education son. You can be a Hoosiers fan the rest of your life without being an alumni. 

That is actually really great unique perspective and congrats on being part of one of the country’s premier soccer programs ...walking on at Indiana probably meant you turned down free rides at almost anywhere you wanted 

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

That is actually really great unique perspective and congrats on being part of one of the country’s premier soccer programs ...walking on at Indiana probably meant you turned down free rides at almost anywhere you wanted 

Indeed. Thanks for reminding me ;) In hindsight, I don’t regret my decision, because going to IU was all I ever wanted as a kid, even before playing collegiate soccer was a factor. I loved every second of it, and getting to be a part of a national powerhouse and play for Coach Yeagley (Jerry) and be a part of the family is something most don’t get the opportunity to do. That being said, 20 years later, would it have been just as rewarding taking the scholly and going to UCLA or Notre Dame, etc. and owning a nice 500hp fishing boat instead of owing SoFi until I turn 70.....? The short answer: my advice to Luke would be take the free education and run young man. 

19 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Also for a kid that is likely going to break Damon Bailey's scoring record. And ironically you added to the length of this thread by posting something to which added zero value to the actual topic itself. I would say who cares anyhow but apparently a lot of people who feel this thread doesn't deserve the attention it gets care for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Are people still confident this will happen? He currently has 1,544 points. He needs 1,591 to break the record. He's 23 points away from being halfway to tying it, 10 games into his junior season. (Remember, he missed the last 8 games of his freshman season due to injury.)

Blackford has 13 regular season games left, could get as many as 3 sectional games, and the farthest I could see them advancing in the tournament is semi-state (where Blackhawk Christian would likely beat them). Let's say he gets 19 more games this season, then gets 29 games next season. He would need 1,591 points in 48 games. That averages out to 33.14 per game. It seems like he's had fewer 30+ point games this season, likely due to Blackford being more balanced as a team. That average only gets higher with every sub-30 point game he has, or if Blackford loses early in the tournament. They could also get a bye in the sectional, which would cost him a game. 

I don't know, I'm not as confident as many others seem to be. 

24 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Are people still confident this will happen? He currently has 1,544 points. He needs 1,591 to break the record. He's 23 points away from being halfway to tying it, 10 games into his junior season. (Remember, he missed the last 8 games of his freshman season due to injury.)

Blackford has 13 regular season games left, could get as many as 3 sectional games, and the farthest I could see them advancing in the tournament is semi-state (where Blackhawk Christian would likely beat them). Let's say he gets 19 more games this season, then gets 29 games next season. He would need 1,591 points in 48 games. That averages out to 33.14 per game. It seems like he's had fewer 30+ point games this season, likely due to Blackford being more balanced as a team. That average only gets higher with every sub-30 point game he has, or if Blackford loses early in the tournament. They could also get a bye in the sectional, which would cost him a game. 

I don't know, I'm not as confident as many others seem to be. 

No joke...I’ve read this entire thread ..and that may be the most well put together and on topic post I’ve seen in here ...you sir are 100% correct.  Blackford would need to advance to at least the championship game of sections ( not receiving a bye) and would need to advance to regional championship the following year for it to even be possible let alone plausible.   He’s under 35 a game this year not only due to SOME added balance ( I hesitate to use the term because it’s only a slight improvement ) but also because he’s taking more control of the game and sometimes even forcing distribution in an effort to try and keep kids confidence and engagement up.  I think next year with Stroble gone you’ll see another uptick in his scoring though possibly to the 35-36 range.  

Blackford has only one team that can stay with them in sectional and thats Tipton ...if they draw them first and lose this year that will pretty much put it to bed but Tipton loses its leading scorer and best player next year so I think Blackford absent injury wins for sure next year if not this year also ...their regional they can compete as they are in the lapel regional and avoid shanandoah black hawk and linton all of whom would beat them.  

it will take perfect health and some good luck to have a shot but they did get placed in a favorable sectional and regional situation 

5 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Anyone going to mississinewa Blackford tonight ? Ole miss is 18th in 3A and Blackford is top 10 in 2A should be a solid game and should also require a big game from brown for the bruins to have a chance 

Ole Miss has length and athleticism.  Norwell won by 4 on the road but it was a tough game throughout.

11 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Ole Miss has length and athleticism.  Norwell won by 4 on the road but it was a tough game throughout.

I didn’t get to see it but that’s what I had heard and also that norwell was exceptional.  Not sure Blackford can keep up but should be a fun game regardless and that sometimes brings the best out in brown 

About as bad as I’ve seen him play ...other than first five minutes Stroble played decent so he should have had an easier time ...I was in and out with an uncooperative 4 year old but I counted 31 ...well below his average on assists and the most turnovers I’ve seen him have ...also missed the front end of a 1 and 1 ...Blackford had it down to 11 in 4th took our starters with 2 minutes left and ole missed scored 6-8 in 20 seconds ended up a little over 20 and gives miss the inside track to the cic title 

Anyone going to mississinewa Blackford tonight ? Ole miss is 18th in 3A and Blackford is top 10 in 2A should be a solid game and should also require a big game from brown for the bruins to have a chance 

Paoli, where I went, is 9th right of Blackford. At least that’s what it says on Max Preps.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Paoli, where I went, is 9th right of Blackford. At least that’s what it says on Max Preps.

I have a new respect for southern Indiana basketball after attending the north Daviess tournament ...you had some unbelievable completion within an hour of your school 

I have a new respect for southern Indiana basketball after attending the north Daviess tournament ...you had some unbelievable completion within an hour of your school 

I’ll be going to the big rivalry game against Springs Valley this month. Paoli has a kid that’s probably good enough to go to a small school. An Indiana State or Ball State would probably be the biggest he could go. He’s a Junior like Brown.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’ll be going to the big rivalry game against Springs Valley this month. Paoli has a kid that’s probably good enough to go to a small school. An Indiana State or Ball State would probably be the biggest he could go. He’s a Junior like Brown.

What’s his name ...shame I didn’t get to see him I got to see north Daviess legootee barr Reeve south ridge rushville ...does Paoli play those schools and linton ?

What’s his name ...shame I didn’t get to see him I got to see north Daviess legootee barr Reeve south ridge rushville ...does Paoli play those schools and linton ?

His name is Brett Bosley. I think he’s like 6-6 now. I remember when he was just a little kid when I was in HS. This year they played Linton Stockton who they lost to last year, in what’s basically the Sweet 16, after a late game collapse. They lost to them this season in the first game by 9 and to Forest Park by 1. I’m not sure which sectional Blackford is in and where they could meet up in the state tourney this season. I think Paoli is in sectional 40 at Crawford.

48 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

His name is Brett Bosley. I think he’s like 6-6 now. I remember when he was just a little kid when I was in HS. This year they played Linton Stockton who they lost to last year, in what’s basically the Sweet 16, after a late game collapse. They lost to them this season in the first game by 9 and to Forest Park by 1. I’m not sure which sectional Blackford is in and where they could meet up in the state tourney this season. I think Paoli is in sectional 40 at Crawford.

Blackford is 39 I think they wouldn’t hit till semi state or state as Blackford feeds the lapel regional 

Blackford is 39 I think they wouldn’t hit till semi state or state as Blackford feeds the lapel regional 

Paoli could have made it to State last year but they went prevent and ended up losing. Was the first sectional title since 08. And Paoli hasn’t been to State finals since like 2000.