Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

55 pages for a kid likely not going to Indiana. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Some of that MAY Be my fault since I tend to answer everyone with similar sentiment BUT ...if we had the space available I think he would be the prefect sleeper pick for us depending on how the class shakes out ...have you gotten to see him play before ?

Also for a kid that is likely going to break Damon Bailey's scoring record. And ironically you added to the length of this thread by posting something to which added zero value to the actual topic itself. I would say who cares anyhow but apparently a lot of people who feel this thread doesn't deserve the attention it gets care for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

It’s an oddity that draws attention.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Also for a kid that is likely going to break Damon Bailey's scoring record. And ironically you added to the length of this thread by posting something to which added zero value to the actual topic itself. I would say who cares anyhow but apparently a lot of people who feel this thread doesn't deserve the attention it gets care for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Furst is at 9 pages. Lander is at 19. Geronimo is at 15.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s an oddity that draws attention.

It’s definitely extremely polarizing I have found over the last year or so

...furst and lander are by and large considered to be “sure things” by most.  Even if you have any critique I think the basement for either one is solid D1 starter and the ceiling goes pretty high ....brown is way more debatable with his size ...you’ll have some say he’s a power 6 starter and some say he will struggle playing D3 or naia....have you gotten to see him play at all ? Have a take ?

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Apparently you have interest in it. You opened up the thread and commented

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s kinda my take to similar comments ...wish they’d At least watch a clip or two first to add some debate !

It’s definitely extremely polarizing I have found over the last year or so
...furst and lander are by and large considered to be “sure things” by most.  Even if you have any critique I think the basement for either one is solid D1 starter and the ceiling goes pretty high ....brown is way more debatable with his size ...you’ll have some say he’s a power 6 starter and some say he will struggle playing D3 or naia....have you gotten to see him play at all ? Have a take ?

I think if he wants to contribute to team at some in the Big Ten, he best get in the weight room and start drinking some milkshakes. Scoring alone won’t get you many places unless you’re Steph Curry or shimmer Fredette. I don’t think he’s either and no one else does. I think he’d be best off to go somewhere small. MAC school at the biggest and then transfer later on if he’s good.

Apparently you have interest in it. You opened up the thread and commented

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I find interest in the amount of comments. What’s the record for a recruits thread when it comes to comments? Especially a recruit that didn’t commit to Indiana?

40 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I find interest in the amount of comments. What’s the record for a recruits thread when it comes to comments? Especially a recruit that didn’t commit to Indiana?

That’s a fair question I’d be interested in that answer too but don’t tell me till brown commits somewhere so I don’t purposely try to break it 

42 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think if he wants to contribute to team at some in the Big Ten, he best get in the weight room and start drinking some milkshakes. Scoring alone won’t get you many places unless you’re Steph Curry or shimmer Fredette. I don’t think he’s either and no one else does. I think he’d be best off to go somewhere small. MAC school at the biggest and then transfer later on if he’s good.

I agree in part and respectfully disagree in part .  1. He does need to get bigger but I’m confident he will he’s added 20 pounds in the last 18 months and I would guess he will graduate 175 or north with the ability to get closer to 200 by the time he’s an upperclassman ....if he can maintain his quickness beteeen 175 and 200 I think it will lessen any defensive disadvantage he faces 2. If he gets a power 6 offer with an indication he may not play for a couple years I may agree it would be better to go to an Akron or a Kent stat where he can contend to make the tourney if they let him play right away and then rely on being a two year grad transfer 

as far as the shooting / scoring ....you won’t find anyone that won’t give him an elite shooting grade , but it’s not even close to the best part of his game....it’s his court iq vision and passing that sets him apart  ...he lead the state in scoring last year and is number Two currently but he leads the state in assists by more than a full assist per game on a team that doesn’t  always make their open shots 

Who was the guy on the old Scout forums we were up all night for? Candles and whatnot ... that thread went over 100 pages (1000 posts if I remember correctly).

5 minutes ago, raorIU said:

Who was the guy on the old Scout forums we were up all night for? Candles and whatnot ... that thread went over 100 pages (1000 posts if I remember correctly).

Oh shoot that’s all?! ...15 more months ...that will be as easy as a Luke brown free throw ;)

kidding

...mostly