Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

You have little to nothing to argue a point with here. Seems more that you are just negative on this kid and anyone that supports him.

He put up almost twice as many points at Montgomery while shooting a higher percentage than Montgomery and they guarded each other.

More importantly than any of that, his team won the game.

What is your argument exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Some dont like kids that can put the ball in the basket. Prefer that 25% three point shooting we currently have.

4 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

oh boy more of the usual ....Weren’t you the same one that said he wouldn’t get any D1 offers ? My guess is the other guy actually took the time to watch the game and saw that Brown guarded him man to man the entire first half and basically shut him down.  Also they never committed two defenders to brown ....you won’t see him shoot 2-11 from 3 very often if ever again and you’ll definitely never see him miss 4 free throws again ....that could have been a 50 point game very easily and again he did his part shutting down a taller skilled offensive player ....you should honestly watch some games you might stop doubting 

Pretty sure I never said that. I have no ill will towards Luke Brown the kid. I am sure he is a great kid. I do have an issue with his friends/family talking about him on message boards 24/7 and hyping him up when it’s been said multiple times that he is not going to be an IU caliber player. At least, I would hope that you are his friend or a family member because otherwise it would be downright creepy. It actually still is with how much you reply to yourself in this thread and try to bait other people into talking about him. You literally do not post in any other thread than this one and claim to be an IU fan.

also, I’m from the Dubois County area and know people who saw the game. At least one person I talked to said Brown is a good high school player, but everything is run for him and he gets basically all of his teams shots. They did not think he was close to the caliber of player that would succeed at IU. I hope Luke has a great college career wherever he ends up, but this making him into something he is not, especially by you, is really tiring and frankly, weird. 

4 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I was really impressed with him in person and I spent most of the morning reading up and now I like him even more ...seems like a great kid and a hard worker.  Looks like he could have his pick but his brightest future may be on the baseball diamond.  The fact that Louisville had a basketball visit with him is eye opening.

They were just priming him for the Dan McDonald visit (sorry UofL baseball coach). Preseason #1 ranking.

37 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Pretty sure I never said that. I have no ill will towards Luke Brown the kid. I am sure he is a great kid. I do have an issue with his friends/family talking about him on message boards 24/7 and hyping him up when it’s been said multiple times that he is not going to be an IU caliber player. At least, I would hope that you are his friend or a family member because otherwise it would be downright creepy. It actually still is with how much you reply to yourself in this thread and try to bait other people into talking about him. You literally do not post in any other thread than this one and claim to be an IU fan.

also, I’m from the Dubois County area and know people who saw the game. At least one person I talked to said Brown is a good high school player, but everything is run for him and he gets basically all of his teams shots. They did not think he was close to the caliber of player that would succeed at IU. I hope Luke has a great college career wherever he ends up, but this making him into something he is not, especially by you, is really tiring and frankly, weird. 

1. You did say it 2. I would say acquaintance not friend 3. It is a pretty common theme that all the detractors fail to attend any games themselves and are always relying on “ what is said “ or “ other people’s opinions “ .....the Montgomery kid I had never seen before and it took all of the warm up period for me to know he was a stud ...turns out he’ll likely be a pro baseball player.  Your friends must not have watched closely cause Montgomery  is talented and brown shut him down ...he also handles the ball and passes better than anyone in the state at any class level ....for your friends thinking everything runs through him Luke leads the state in assists at 13...next closer player 8 ...most assists in a season the last ten years was 9.8 for context.  4. You’ve been wrong about him so far and I wasn’t so instead of saying you’re wrong you’re calling me creepy ...I can live with that 5. As of today I posted on Montgomery’s page 

22 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

They were just priming him for the Dan McDonald visit (sorry UofL baseball coach). Preseason #1 ranking.

I read u of l baseball alrwsdy had offered so basketball was trying to sweeten the pot by making him a two sport athlete which is what he wants 

I read u of l baseball alrwsdy had offered so basketball was trying to sweeten the pot by making him a two sport athlete which is what he wants 

That is likely correct. However it is very likely that he never plays a college sport as he will likely be a very high MLB draft pick out of high school.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That is likely correct. However it is very likely that he never plays a college sport as he will likely be a very high MLB draft pick out of high school.

That’s what I had read ...have you had a chance to see him play baseball or basketball ? You are with Daleville right ?

4 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Some dont like kids that can put the ball in the basket. Prefer that 25% three point shooting we currently have.

I have a difficult time coming up with something more frustrating than our recent run of teams that lack dependable knock down shooters which were always a staple and foundation of our program 

That’s what I had read ...have you had a chance to see him play baseball or basketball ? You are with Daleville right ?

I was at Daleville but now I’m at Pendleton Heights. I watched him play against Alexandria last year in the state championship. You could see the talent is there on the baseball diamond.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

I was at Daleville but now I’m at Pendleton Heights. I watched him play against Alexandria last year in the state championship. You could see the talent is there on the baseball diamond.

I could tell he was an extremely athletic kid ...congrats on the move hope you’re liking it 

On 12/24/2019 at 6:27 PM, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

1. You did say it 2. I would say acquaintance not friend 3. It is a pretty common theme that all the detractors fail to attend any games themselves and are always relying on “ what is said “ or “ other people’s opinions “ .....the Montgomery kid I had never seen before and it took all of the warm up period for me to know he was a stud ...turns out he’ll likely be a pro baseball player.  Your friends must not have watched closely cause Montgomery  is talented and brown shut him down ...he also handles the ball and passes better than anyone in the state at any class level ....for your friends thinking everything runs through him Luke leads the state in assists at 13...next closer player 8 ...most assists in a season the last ten years was 9.8 for context.  4. You’ve been wrong about him so far and I wasn’t so instead of saying you’re wrong you’re calling me creepy ...I can live with that 5. As of today I posted on Montgomery’s page 

Please continue with your updates on Luke. There is an obvious interest in Luke on this board as his thread is the most viewed player thread by 23,000 some odd views. Now granted half of those views are probably by you, just kidding. Seriously though, I really appreciate the updates.

Please continue with your updates on Luke. There is an obvious interest in Luke on this board as his thread is the most viewed player thread by 23,000 some odd views. Now granted half of those views are probably by you, just kidding. Seriously though, I really appreciate the updates.

Agreed. It’s not like he is taking his Luke interest to all the other threads and ruining them. It’s all contained here in the proper thread. If it was OldFart or USPS nobody would be complaining about the poster

51 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Lol I truly appreciate that ....I may make up you  entire 23000 margin it was pretty kind of you to limit it to a suggestion of half.  He’s polarizing and i understand why but he’s a lot of fun to watch.  I’ll keep up the updates for sure. Naysayers and negativity don’t bother me much otherwise I wouldn’t still be ten years into my marriage lol....Luke will play fine but I think Blackford is going to get a wake up call tonight even if hopf still isn’t eligible 

28 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Agreed. It’s not like he is taking his Luke interest to all the other threads and ruining them. It’s all contained here in the proper thread. If it was OldFart or USPS nobody would be complaining about the poster

Thanks for that I appreciate the objectivity ...I understand the detraction especially since there are some things about brown I’m still critical of ....i was the same way on Jordy hulls and ended up wrong ....old fart has paid his dues and I think I over saturated him and made him have an expectation of brown that he then didn’t agree with after talking with people he trusts ...I don’t harbor any ill will I respect his opinion I just respectfully disagree with it key word being respectfully ....if Luke continues to build his frame I hope guys will continue to give him a fair shake this summer because I still Believe  power five offers will eventually come and if not it’s been a fun ride at Blackford