Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

solid game ....had at least ten assists to go with the 32 but I lost count ....not sure if the camera crew caught it but I made note of two assists worth watching if they caught it ....1. 4:40 left in second and 2. 40 left in third ........also thank god for TJD what a monster performance and high motor kid ....anyone still think we don’t need more shooting when we turn out like that against Nebraska ?

FB56A0A0-E9C0-4F76-91C4-9D518B886398.png

11 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

4/7 from three? Sign him up.

They typically aren’t open shots either.  He had a double team from tip to final buzzer last night ...shot one open three off a broken play from an offensive rebound the rest were contested and/or deep off the line ....he’s shooting over 70% inside the arc for the season 

They typically aren’t open shots either.  He had a double team from tip to final buzzer last night ...shot one open three off a broken play from an offensive rebound the rest were contested and/or deep off the line ....he’s shooting over 70% inside the arc for the season 

I don’t follow as much but is his lack of recruitment due to playing in a low level of play? If so did he overcome any of that in AAU play?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t follow as much but is his lack of recruitment due to playing in a low level of play? If so did he overcome any of that in AAU play?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think that certainly plays a part so any improvement Blackford has and any success they have against respected programs will be extremely important.  I probably am higher on the kid than anyone and my main knock is and always will be his frame ....he can handle the ball and shoot D1 level but he will have difficulty keeping guards that are 1-4 inches taller , 25 pounds heavier , and can jump higher from scoring or from sweeping the glass.  I do think he’ll develop his frame even more by next year but that’s a big issue.  He played on the Indiana Elite 2021 platinum team with Kaufman from silver creek and hopf ( transfer into Barr Reeve) and he definitely held his own, lead that team in assists and was either third or fourth  in scoring 

47 and either 12 or 13 ...apology to Elwood ...first time in the last 2.3 years I’ve been disappointed with Blackford basketball ...4 minutes left in game and four of five starters on the floor including brown with Blackford up 60 ....Blackford fans cheered for the 100th point like they had won a sectional when they made the achievement against an overmatched opponent ...it was embarrassing

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Anyone going to north Daviess tonight ? I’m leaving early to catch barr Reeve then Blackford plays right after ....3hr drive for us not sure if anyone is already to the south but it should be 4 solid games starting at 3pm

That's a long drive for a small school game. Is it a tournament? I would love to go, but work gets in the way. Looking forward to your report.

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Anyone going to north Daviess tonight ? I’m leaving early to catch barr Reeve then Blackford plays right after ....3hr drive for us not sure if anyone is already to the south but it should be 4 solid games starting at 3pm

You'll get a chance to check out Colson Montgomery with Southridge.  He's coming off a 41 pt. performance his last night out.  

I don’t like a class where this kid is one that is asked/expected to play right away but if we already have 2 kids that we feel are that, maybe 4* and 5* players already locked up, let’s grab him.

A kid that will get good grades, stay out of trouble and bust his butt in practice and makes the most of his minutes when he gets them, that sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners