Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Good for Luke Brown and all, but since this is an Indiana University message board recruiting thread, some perspective:

• # 5 Brock Williams D1 offers - Elon & Appalachian State
  • #4 David Layton offers - no D1 offers reported
  • #2 Qwan Jackson offers - no D1 offers reported
  • #1 Tommy Murr - committed to Lipscomb

So funny that you post this. I saw Layton’s numbers last year and he’s maybe 90 minutes from me. Thought I might check him out if I was bored enough. Asked a friend who knows MO hoops better than I do if I should and he started laughing and said, “yeah he’s like 5 ft nothin’ and his team looks like a gym class.” 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

So funny that you post this. I saw Layton’s numbers last year and he’s maybe 90 minutes from me. Thought I might check him out if I was bored enough. Asked a friend who knows MO hoops better than I do if I should and he started laughing and said, “yeah he’s like 5 ft nothin’ and his team looks like a gym class.” 

David Layton can play in the low post against 5'2" Qwan Jackson. 

These are all (including Luke Brown) players from very small schools playing against less than high-level high school competition.

When Blackford plays against Culver and Luke Brown puts up numbers against Trey Galloway, then IU might show interest.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

These are all (including Luke Brown) players from very small schools playing against less than high-level high school competition.

When Blackford plays against Culver and Luke Brown puts up numbers against Trey Galloway, then IU might show interest.

Yup, and it definitely cuts both ways. Saw Aminu Mohammed twice last year against a couple of small town schools and those kids looked at him like he was an alien. Gotta confess: I get a major kick out of watching really great kids against kids who.....aren’t.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s fair...and Blackford has 5 games on its schedule I would love to see majorly upgraded  ...but Blackford did play Seven sectional champions last year and has those same seven this year plus adding andrean and the north Davies tournament ( which had 4 of the 8 state finalists last year ).  I think they are going in the right direction at 2A and I also agree some of those other kids in the top 5 are playing more intramural type competition.  

35 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

That’s fair...and Blackford has 5 games on its schedule I would love to see majorly upgraded  ...but Blackford did play Seven sectional champions last year and has those same seven this year plus adding andrean and the north Davies tournament ( which had 4 of the 8 state finalists last year ).  I think they are going in the right direction at 2A and I also agree some of those other kids in the top 5 are playing more intramural type competition.  

Wait what? 

Silver Creek, Culver, Carmel, BD, Andrean, nor Linton played at ND last year. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait what? 

Silver Creek, Culver, Carmel, BD, Andrean, nor Linton played at ND last year. 

I retract my statement and apologize ...I was looking up this years lineup and got and article on last years in the google search ....the article mentions two of the teams playing Linton and andrean and I misinterpreted that as both of those teams participating along with Blackhawk and BR ....sorry for the confusion good catch thanks for reigning me in....that being the case adding andrean and that tourney to their schedule is still a good thing 

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I was there, and I think I witnessed an historical moment. I saw Brown airball a three. 

LOL! I was going to say something similar ...that’s by far the worst I’ve seen him shoot and it wasn’t even an abnormal shot or a super far distance 

28 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I was there, and I think I witnessed an historical moment. I saw Brown airball a three. 

Also ...what were your thoughts in general  ? Have you seen him other occasions ? Would love to hear some outside feedback during a kind of ho hum game 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Also ...what were your thoughts in general  ? Have you seen him other occasions ? Would love to hear some outside feedback during a kind of ho hum game 

It wasn't his best night, but this is easily the most talented roster Blackford has had since he came there (hello transfers), and they won't need him to score 40 every night to win. 

Thought he tried a little too hard to be flashy on some of his "no-look" passes by intentionally looking away before passing it. 

I think it says a lot about how good he is that he scores 26 and it can be viewed as "ho-hum." That would be a career night for most other players. 

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It wasn't his best night, but this is easily the most talented roster Blackford has had since he came there (hello transfers), and they won't need him to score 40 every night to win. 

Thought he tried a little too hard to be flashy on some of his "no-look" passes by intentionally looking away before passing it. 

I think it says a lot about how good he is that he scores 26 and it can be viewed as "ho-hum." That would be a career night for most other players. 

Good call he had two turnovers and one of them was a traveling call on a pass just as you described near the end of the third quarter.  Oddly enough though only the Wors boy is a transfer ...grimes the jay county transfer is only eligible to play jv. I agree he makes a difference though as previously it was only brown and Stroble that were dangerous and now they have a third shooter and add a competent rebounder and defender ....now teams can’t leave the other three players wide open.  Oak hill beat wabash and missessenewa beat Marion.  Northwestern also had a strong opening so I think mississinewa, oak hill, frankton, northwestern and then DEFINITELY wabash, andrean, and the north Daviess tournament will be a great gauge of how much the group is better as a whole.  

A little premature ...but purely out of curiosity ...does anyone recall a player leading the State in scoring AND assists in the same season ?  I looking at the ihsaa list of yearly scoring leaders none stood out as being clear cut in that department.  You guys think of anyone ?

had to leave at 4 for Blackford game so didn’t get to watch Iu till late last night ...looked exactly like last year ...tough but middle of the road team took away our number one option and everyone else looked lost ...had stretches during FSU that reminded me of last year also , couldn’t even get the ball in bounds for a  good stretch ....super jekyl and Hyde because when we are on and energetic we are tough 

luke had 31 and ten plus assists and only played 24 minutes ( sat all but one minute of the fourth ) ....7 points and 7 assists in 3rd quarter when the lead pushed to 50