Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Outstanding watch, thanks for sharing. 

I may have to swing up to Hartford City this season to catch a game.

If you get the chance it really is a lot of fun ...how far a trip is it for you? When they release the schedule I can suggest some good games ......growing up I got to see several very successful Blackford baseball teams when the community was 30-40 percent larger and the atmosphere now far exceeds even that

12 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Luke picked up some extra games with an Indiana elite 2020 gold team that qualified for an open tournament out in LA ( open as in all levels that qualify are open to enter ) finished 4-2

511E6DE6-41BF-48A2-AD3A-504B9D7F3497.png

E7A6DB83-99FD-4077-8587-F3053D1E22D3.png

Not sure that there are many D1 players on that Indiana Elite East roster, and I’m pretty sure there are no power 5 conference players.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure that there are many D1 players on that Indiana Elite East roster, and I’m pretty sure there are no power 5 conference players.

No I totally agree ...he plays for IE 2021 platinum ....he sent with the 2020 gold team as an extra just to get more work but that particular tourney was a qualified entry so they played everything from silver to platinum level.  I think it actually made his the fact they finished 4-2 more impressive.  I think he has better/more offers than any of the seniors-to-be on that roster. 

Add kent state and Indiana state .....up to 7

Hard work has paid off and looks like he will have some great mid major schools to pick from when it is all said and done. Hopefully his community and people around him will be proud of his accomplishments and not diminish his options by expecting bigger fish. All involved should be proud that he has D-1 options.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Hard work has paid off and looks like he will have some great mid major schools to pick from when it is all said and done. Hopefully his community and people around him will be proud of his accomplishments and not diminish his options by expecting bigger fish. All involved should be proud that he has D-1 options.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I guess I can’t speak for the community as a whole but my personal take ( and I get a sense it’s shared ) is that I’m thrilled for the current status and he has nowhere to go but up ....with his work ethic and any physical growth I still think a power five team drops an offer next summer ...not sure what he will do with the options but I think he will feel validated personally which would be satisfying given how hard he works 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Add kent state and Indiana state .....up to 7

Indiana St is loading up on some very, very good in-state players. I love to see the mids in our state play well. Bodes well for the overall perception of cbb here. I think we will also see some of our southern-most players opt for Bellarmine now that they are Div 1. A real good coach, a great program that has already recruited Sou Ind well.

3 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Indiana St is loading up on some very, very good in-state players. I love to see the mids in our state play well. Bodes well for the overall perception of cbb here.

So true ! I enjoyed the days when butler was more under the radar ...it’s fun to root for the little guy