Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Kaufman got an official offer ...hopefully that means they don’t stop watching that team and have some convos with Luke while they are around for Kaufman

Until a commitment, the staff will NOT stop watching this team. Word from Bloomington this past weekend is that CAM is really high on Kaufman.

3 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Until a commitment, the staff will NOT stop watching this team. Word from Bloomington this past weekend is that CAM is really high on Kaufman.

Luke’s fam spoke highly of him ...sounds like a great kid...I think that’s a really good team in general they’ve moved to an 8th place ranking nationally 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:48 PM, MikeRoberts said:

I couldn’t care less about size. You can’t have starting 5 of 6 footers but having one that is a hard worker, playmaker and scorer is not a bad thing. Some of the best players in the nba are scrawny as can be

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

"....Some of the best players in the nba are scrawny as can be" 

Like who? 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Like who? 

I mean KD isn't a big dude....... but he is like 7'. 

Can't think of anyone else really. Look at Steph and Giannis now compared to what they looked like coming into the league. They got jacked You have to be to make it through an 82 game season

Like who? 

The game is no longer about brute strength and bulk, it’s now about speed and space. This change has been happening for a long time. Even when the game was more about brute strength, guys like Allen Iverson and Reggie Miller we’re crushing it and now that the game has changed, guys like Kevin Durant and Steph Curry are crushing it.

The more you slim down the more you are able to make it through a full season. It’s hard on your body carrying extra weight.

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

The game is no longer about brute strength and bulk, it’s now about speed and space. This change has been happening for a long time. Even when the game was more about brute strength, guys like Allen Iverson and Reggie Miller we’re crushing it and now that the game has changed, guys like Kevin Durant and Steph Curry are crushing it.

The more you slim down the more you are able to make it through a full season. It’s hard on your body carrying extra weight.

And you can see it has dramatically trickled down into the college and high school game as well

13 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

It's sometimes hard for me to make it through the day carrying the extra weight .....

I hope IU does not let him slip away.  He may or may not translate at the next level, but in a program where scholarship spots are expected to go unfilled at times, there is no reason to take a pass on somebody with so much talent right in the backyard.  This feels like Nic Moore round two to me.  

I hope IU does not let him slip away.  He may or may not translate at the next level, but in a program where scholarship spots are expected to go unfilled at times, there is no reason to take a pass on somebody with so much talent right in the backyard.  This feels like Nic Moore round two to me.  

Idk though, 2021 is just such a great instate class

100% agree. This seems to be the type of kid that you use that 12th or 13th scholarship on. I said something similar before and was essentially told by others here that if we treated him like the 12th or 13th scholarship he wouldn’t come. The point is more that if we would normally leave a scholarship or two open, this is the type of kid that is worth taking a chance on and using one of those. If he panned out, great, we got a hard working in-state contributor. If not, so what, it was going to go unused and now e have a hard working gym rat practice player

20 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

100% agree. This seems to be the type of kid that you use that 12th or 13th scholarship on. I said something similar before and was essentially told by others here that if we treated him like the 12th or 13th scholarship he wouldn’t come. The point is more that if we would normally leave a scholarship or two open, this is the type of kid that is worth taking a chance on and using one of those. If he panned out, great, we got a hard working in-state contributor. If not, so what, it was going to go unused and now e have a hard working gym rat practice player

For me?

i prefer to only have 11 or 12 scholarships in use, unless the 13th is for a redshirt or transfer sit out year.

Competitive players want to play; with 11 all of them can do so.

For me?
i prefer to only have 11 or 12 scholarships in use, unless the 13th is for a redshirt or transfer sit out year.
Competitive players want to play; with 11 all of them can do so.

That’s fair but I think about it this way. There will always be injuries and there will always be misses. I think it best to have 10 legit, healthy players for depth, insurance and also building. If you only have 11 to start with that leaves very little room for any of those aforementioned things.

26 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

That’s fair but I think about it this way. There will always be injuries and there will always be misses. I think it best to have 10 legit, healthy players for depth, insurance and also building. If you only have 11 to start with that leaves very little room for any of those aforementioned things.

Oh; we agree on contingency plans for injuries. With eleven viable players that means they are all fighting for the eight or nine rotation spots. If we have more than eight or nine getting real minutes that means we don’t know who our best players are.

This year? Green, Phinisee, Durham, Smith, TJD, Davis, Brunk, Hunter.

If we need a ninth, we’re playing a cupcake, or we get an injury or two, insert Anderson, Franklin, and Thompson, all of who have real ability.

perfect

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’m very much on the same page