Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Lol

I haven’t found losing the majority of the last two decades funny.  I certainly haven’t found programs below our weight class out performing us year after year funny.  Go back and list your ten favorite IU players and I guarantee you more than half are gamer gym rats who stayed at least 3 years and played with teammates who were the same way.  Those were always our successful teams man.  I’m sick or chasing the kids who end up going to the higher bidder or if we do convince them they act like they are doing us a favor showing up on game day.  I’m sick of discipline problems and lack of team leadership.  You can’t tell me with the exception of the oladipo watford hulls sheehy Ferrell and zeller team ( which still didn’t turn out how it should ) you’ve felt like we had an “iu “ type team can you ?

That’s exactly the attitude that has caused us to have one or two successful seasons ( by our standards ) in the last 20 years.
 I’m not related to the kid and I’m not really close to them.  Didn’t know them before they moved to Blackford.
 I do only post here because it’s the only topic that interests me and I also believe this is where you should post ABOUT Luke brown or at least that’s the title of the page.  Don’t worry I won’t do it on others.  
His play IS doing the talking.  The problem is our recruiting mentality ( fans and staff ).  Go back to the threads for watford.  Most people thought his dad was basically calling him a Hoosier.  He’s a super talented kid I don’t blame us for wanting him but look at the decision to go to LSU.  I don’t know you, but if you were a stud athlete , and got an offer from a place that literally is in the middle of a pay for play scandal ( with audio evidence ) would you really go play there ? If you aren’t being paid ?...would your parents be ok with you going there knowing how that could effect your reputation ?  
I don’t know the watfords but to me that’s an example of a “ non- program kid” a kid that wants what’s best for him ...a kid that wants to promote himself and get to the next level as fast and best he can.  Do i blame someone for that ? Absolutely not, good for them and handle their business how they see fit, but is that the type we should be fighting and wasting resources for recruiting on ? Absolutely not ...they don’t end up helping the program long term and they often don’t even make a huge impact short term.
until the mentality changes and we build like the Wisconsin’s and Purdue’s and Notre dames of the world, taking 3-4 year program guys  while occasionally stealing an Indiana five star player for talent to push ya over the top, we are gonna be stuck in limbo.  
If Luke doesn’t grow anymore it will be tough for him to play power 5 defense and if that’s the case it will be a shame but even in that instance my point was he is the type of kid you want. Someone that WANTS to come to your school , not someone that you have to beg or consider paying.  Someone that wants to put in the work and hates losing more than anything in the world.  Someone willing to literally bleed to improve the program. 
If he doesn’t grow, he may not work , but I still want kids LIKE him.  Let the guys who pay players get the guys who have their hearts 50% in it.  If Luke does grow you’ll look me up and tell me I was right.

Not meaning to be rude, but I don’t want to be like a Notre Dame, Purdue or Wisconsin in basketball. Hopefully things work out for Brown wherever he goes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If IU called and asked him to come even visit I think he’d be committed unless the eventual offer was “ you can have a spot but you aren’t likely to play at all your first two years “

And I think that’s where the disconnect is. Right now the staff feels he is worth keeping an eye on but not going to help. If he can help in a couple of years I think they take him. But if he wants immediate pt he probably won’t get that here.

Our recruiting philosophy is just fine. TJD, Armaan, Rob, Jerome, etc. all fit what an Indiana player is and should be. We have offers out to Leal, Galloway, Davis, Cross, etc. that embody what an Indiana player should be. Archie knows what he is doing. Good luck fielding a competitive team of we’re going to go after players that just want to be here. We’d be full of D2 and D3 players that wouldn’t get a sniff anywhere else in D1. The landscape has changed. Kids don’t grow up wanting to go to IU much anymore. You have to battle with the best to be the best. 

Of course Watford did what was best for him. Just because he went to LSU doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have embodied what an IU player is if he came here. You have no idea what his reasons were for, Maybe he wanted to stay closer to home? Every kid does what is best for them. 

Saying this is the only thread you’re interested in tells me all I need to know and that you aren’t really an IU fan. You’re a Luke brown fan. If his play is doing the talking, why hasn’t he heard a word from Archie yet? Why are they prioritizing other players? Why is he consistently talked about as a low D1 type of player? 

Shouldnt you be advocating for players like Luke Goode, Colson Montgomery, Trey Kaufman, etc. who all embody what an Indiana player is and who actually have IU interest?

38 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Not meaning to be rude, but I don’t want to be like a Notre Dame, Purdue or Wisconsin in basketball. Hopefully things work out for Brown wherever he goes.

It’s not rude to disagree with someone ...I don’t take it personally at all...for debates sake, why don’t you want to be like them from a recruiting standpoint?

35 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Our recruiting philosophy is just fine. TJD, Armaan, Rob, Jerome, etc. all fit what an Indiana player is and should be. We have offers out to Leal, Galloway, Davis, Cross, etc. that embody what an Indiana player should be. Archie knows what he is doing. Good luck fielding a competitive team of we’re going to go after players that just want to be here. We’d be full of D2 and D3 players that wouldn’t get a sniff anywhere else in D1. The landscape has changed. Kids don’t grow up wanting to go to IU much anymore. You have to battle with the best to be the best. 

Of course Watford did what was best for him. Just because he went to LSU doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have embodied what an IU player is if he came here. You have no idea what his reasons were for, Maybe he wanted to stay closer to home? Every kid does what is best for them. 

Saying this is the only thread you’re interested in tells me all I need to know and that you aren’t really an IU fan. You’re a Luke brown fan. If his play is doing the talking, why hasn’t he heard a word from Archie yet? Why are they prioritizing other players? Why is he consistently talked about as a low D1 type of player? 

Shouldnt you be advocating for players like Luke Goode, Colson Montgomery, Trey Kaufman, etc. who all embody what an Indiana player is and who actually have IU interest?

1. I’ve always been an IU fan ...I could find other places to talk about Luke brown.  I want him at IU.  2. I only post here because it’s the only one I’m interested in posting in...why ? Because I don’t like talking about or debating things I don’t feel I’m knowledgeable about.  I have seen every high school game Luke has played and several non high school games.  Ive watched workouts he does, I’ve played in a rec league with him and against him.  I fee qualified to competently evaluate and discuss His game and his character.  I’m not qualified to do the same with the other recruits you mentioned 2(b). It’s interesting you mention Kaufman, have you seen any of the Indiana elite platinum games ?  He and Luke are teammates and the team has only lost Two games ...Luke has been performing as well as Trey in general and has helped carry them through games trey was out with wrist injury.  3. If he wanted to stay closer to home ( watford ) there are clean schools close to home that are just as or more competitive. 4. If our recruiting is fine why do we have less tournament appearances and less tournament wins then butler Notre Dame Wisconsin and Purdue ( close with Iowa ) over the last two decades ?  These are the teams that should be looking up to us and taking our scraps.  There is a reasons kids “ just don’t WANT to go to IU anymore “.  They are few and far between I agree with you there but there are actually D1 talent kids WITH heart who care more about winning ( wherever they are ) than furthering their personal interests.

46 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

And I think that’s where the disconnect is. Right now the staff feels he is worth keeping an eye on but not going to help. If he can help in a couple of years I think they take him. But if he wants immediate pt he probably won’t get that here.

At Luke’s current size I wouldn’t offer him right now at all ....I don’t advocate an offer ...I advocate contact in case he develops physically 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

That’s exactly the attitude that has caused us to have one or two successful seasons ( by our standards ) in the last 20 years.

I’m not related to the kid and I’m not really close to them.  Didn’t know them before they moved to Blackford.

I do only post here because it’s the only topic that interests me and I also believe this is where you should post ABOUT Luke brown or at least that’s the title of the page.  Don’t worry I won’t do it on others.  

His play IS doing the talking.  The problem is our recruiting mentality ( fans and staff ).  Go back to the threads for watford.  Most people thought his dad was basically calling him a Hoosier.  He’s a super talented kid I don’t blame us for wanting him but look at the decision to go to LSU.  I don’t know you, but if you were a stud athlete , and got an offer from a place that literally is in the middle of a pay for play scandal ( with audio evidence ) would you really go play there ? If you aren’t being paid ?...would your parents be ok with you going there knowing how that could effect your reputation ?  

I don’t know the watfords but to me that’s an example of a “ non- program kid” a kid that wants what’s best for him ...a kid that wants to promote himself and get to the next level as fast and best he can.  Do i blame someone for that ? Absolutely not, good for them and handle their business how they see fit, but is that the type we should be fighting and wasting resources for recruiting on ? Absolutely not ...they don’t end up helping the program long term and they often don’t even make a huge impact short term.

until the mentality changes and we build like the Wisconsin’s and Purdue’s and Notre dames of the world, taking 3-4 year program guys  while occasionally stealing an Indiana five star player for talent to push ya over the top, we are gonna be stuck in limbo.  

If Luke doesn’t grow anymore it will be tough for him to play power 5 defense and if that’s the case it will be a shame but even in that instance my point was he is the type of kid you want. Someone that WANTS to come to your school , not someone that you have to beg or consider paying.  Someone that wants to put in the work and hates losing more than anything in the world.  Someone willing to literally bleed to improve the program. 

If he doesn’t grow, he may not work , but I still want kids LIKE him.  Let the guys who pay players get the guys who have their hearts 50% in it.  If Luke does grow you’ll look me up and tell me I was right.

Well put IBND, but you're crazy if you think someone's gonna look you up to tell you you were right.

Contact and close tabs. AAU is his chance to prove he is D1 or high major D1.

If the staff thinks he can help us, we’ll offer.

Seems a little like how we handled Galloway and Leal so far.

I really hope it does work out. Would be an awesome Jordan Hulls type success story.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Contact and close tabs. AAU is his chance to prove he is D1 or high major D1.

If the staff thinks he can help us, we’ll offer.

Seems a little like how we handled Galloway and Leal so far.

I really hope it does work out. Would be an awesome Jordan Hulls type success story.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Agree with this. All of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Count me in with that approach I just don’t see any harm or cost to something as simple as a salutation that would go a long long way

Yeah, I can’t speak on that. Maybe it comes this summer.

I hope we weren’t too late with Furst. Worried about Purdue leading this one and their perceived success with big guys.

46 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I can’t speak on that. Maybe it comes this summer.

I hope we weren’t too late with Furst. Worried about Purdue leading this one and their perceived success with big guys.

Agree with you big time there ...I think Furst will be a solid four year horse