Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Arrived at the station early. Got my ticket and boarded the train. At first it was just a few of us. After each stop, a few more trickled on. Starting to fill up. Not giving up my seat and not debarking until the ride is over. Really think this kid could be special. Has that demeanor. 

1 minute ago, sweetpain said:

He is the epitome of the kind of kid I want for IU. I am not sure if his size will limit him but isn't he someone that we should be looking at? He is a person that appears to have the culture that we need and are trying to build.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

We're starting to follow him more recently. CAM was out to watch him play. That '21 class is loaded. It could be one of the best ever. There are soooo many kids that are starting to get seen. Seems like every weekend a new instate kid pops up. I am almost willing to bet that there will be at least 10 highly recruited kids from Indiana.

3 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I'm rooting for this kid to continue to improve so we're forced to go hard after him. His work ethic is what any college would want their culture to be about.

By far my favorite part about him...it’s not an act either.

when they first got to town I was skeptical of his skill set ( even after videos) until I attended the summer camps and saw him in person and he IMMEDIATELY stood out even at a very thin 5’10”.  I expected him to be a total prick with his talent and coming from out of town and that couldn’t have been further from the truth.  I was concerned it was for show but he has just given example after example of being the exact type of kid you want around your program.  He is a fiery leader who isn’t afraid to jump on another kid but he won’t tear them down doing it.  He visits elderly people in the hospital, he takes pictures with little kids, he talks to the lowest freshman on the team like they are varsity starters and I’ve never seen a human being put so much time and effort into perfecting a skill set.  He is obsessed with getting better and it’s insatiable.  You will never have to worry about him continuing to work so I feel he will be a safe bet as long as he continues to add size.  By junior or senior year or college mark my words he will be in sports center top 10 at least twice for passes.  He is playing at the highest level of aau for class 2021 and he has arguably lead the team to a 6-2 record where they haven’t had Kaufman from silver creek for several games.  He’s a gamer. 

8 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I'm rooting for this kid to continue to improve so we're forced to go hard after him. His work ethic is what any college would want their culture to be about.

I am too, and I agree completely on the cultural significance a player with his work ethic and determination can have on a program.  And if Indiana doesn't go hard after him, then I'll be more than happy to watch this kid live at every home game here in Muncie.  I really hope he doesn't end up at Purdue.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Would love to see Archie get him. With us potentially only having 11 or 12 scholarship players on the roster at a given time, why not extend the 12th or 13th to a kid like this. One that is going to be in the gym 24/7 and at worst is a great teammate and practice player but at best could be something special

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12th and 13th scholarship players are kids that might be able to contribute 10 minutes a game by their junior or senior seasons. Luke Brown isn't that kind of player. If we recruit him as such, we'll most likely be watching him succeed for a team that isn't IU. 

12th and 13th scholarship players are kids that might be able to contribute 10 minutes a game by their junior or senior seasons. Luke Brown isn't that kind of player. If we recruit him as such, we'll most likely be watching him succeed for a team that isn't IU. 

And that is precisely why scholarships 11-13 are hard to keep on the team. Not sure how to manage those spots. Practice guys that end up transferring. Few seem to wait their turn.

4 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Would love to see Archie get him. With us potentially only having 11 or 12 scholarship players on the roster at a given time, why not extend the 12th or 13th to a kid like this. One that is going to be in the gym 24/7 and at worst is a great teammate and practice player but at best could be something special

Low risk high reward type gamble 

1 hour ago, Bigred3588 said:

Amen ....I can already see that happening with the other schools contacting him

Don't really know much about him because I haven't really been following but, would he accept an IU offer on the spot?  In reading what some of you guys have to say, it sounds like he is just waiting for an IU offer...............how may times have we heard that though?

47 minutes ago, psychobat3 said:

Don't really know much about him because I haven't really been following but, would he accept an IU offer on the spot?  In reading what some of you guys have to say, it sounds like he is just waiting for an IU offer...............how may times have we heard that though?

If IU called and asked him to come even visit I think he’d be committed unless the eventual offer was “ you can have a spot but you aren’t likely to play at all your first two years “