Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

A thing to keep an eye on in Brown’s recruitment is that Cueless offered him a scholarship at Iona and right now Cueless is a candidate for the St Johns job. If he gets the St Johns job it will be interesting if he will offer Brown a scholarship at St Johns. If he does that would be his first high major offer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Excellent point ! I had no idea he was in consideration for SJU. I’ll get any follow up I can.

2 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Doesn’t make me any less sick than you.  You guys know how I feel about the kid ...you have any idea what it will be like for me having to consider WATCHING a Purdue game ?!

ohhh Man! Just the thought makes me cringe. Now you've made me more ill, thanks.

He had rough 1st game this weekend. Scored 2 pts and those came with about 3 min to go in the game. Had trouble creating his shot and missed a lot of open shots. Today he had a bounce back game scoring the ball and had 22 in a game.

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He had rough 1st game this weekend. Scored 2 pts and those came with about 3 min to go in the game. Had trouble creating his shot and missed a lot of open shots. Today he had a bounce back game scoring the ball and had 22 in a game.

Any comments on Hopf and Kaufman?

How many open looks did he create for his teammates even in the game he struggled to score though?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any comments on Hopf and Kaufman?

Kaufman has most upside and if he grows a couple inches and continues to get better he will have lots of high major interest moving forward. He had a couple strong games
Hopf played hard and was aggressive in some spots but he struggles with quickness and of course strength which almost every young big man needs

18 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Did you get to go ? If so I’d love some more feedback.  They went 3-1 for the weekend.  Luke had 20 or more in every game after the first game.  They lost the first game.  It was the first time they had played together and of the 9 person team one player left the team and two were in Italy playing with their school.  The six that were remaining one suffered an ankle injury in game 2 so they played most of games 3 and 4 with five guys.  I’m not disappointed with a 3-1 start under those circumstances.  If you went did you make it to all four? Once again would love to hear some further evaluation if you have time.

19 hours ago, ap2345 said:

How many open looks did he create for his teammates even in the game he struggled to score though?

A fellow Blackford fan that attended that I would not classify as an exaggerator thought he has hovered around 8-12 assists in the first game so I don’t know that it would be something to sneeze at if accurate.

Did you get to go ? If so I’d love some more feedback.  They went 3-1 for the weekend.  Luke had 20 or more in every game after the first game.  They lost the first game.  It was the first time they had played together and of the 9 person team one player left the team and two were in Italy playing with their school.  The six that were remaining one suffered an ankle injury in game 2 so they played most of games 3 and 4 with five guys.  I’m not disappointed with a 3-1 start under those circumstances.  If you went did you make it to all four? Once again would love to hear some further evaluation if you have time.

From his eval I would say he went. He usually does go to every event locally and has as long as I have known him on these boards.

54 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

From his eval I would say he went. He usually does go to every event locally and has as long as I have known him on these boards.

Awesome ..hope he has a few free minutes to go a little deeper ...I had wanted to attend and couldn’t so I only have description of how much he scored and I don’t know that I consider the person a reliable source for detailed evaluation ...they’ll follow the stats and Outcome but they aren’t real well versed in the important subtleties of the game.

Awesome ..hope he has a few free minutes to go a little deeper ...I had wanted to attend and couldn’t so I only have description of how much he scored and I don’t know that I consider the person a reliable source for detailed evaluation ...they’ll follow the stats and Outcome but they aren’t real well versed in the important subtleties of the game.

I didn’t get a chance to watch all the games this weekend of his so I’m going to hold off on the evaluation until I see more games during the summer. I like to see players multiple times in person before I make a judgement. The game I watched he had a rough game all around. It happens to everyone. In that game he struggled with defensive players with length guarding him. You tell he is a shooter but shots were not falling that game. I don’t know much about the other games but know some scouts that was at them and am waiting to hear back on how the rest of the games at warren central went. One game doesn’t make a summer so I’m looking forward to watching more

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I didn’t get a chance to watch all the games this weekend of his so I’m going to hold off on the evaluation until I see more games during the summer. I like to see players multiple times in person before I make a judgement. The game I watched he had a rough game all around. It happens to everyone. In that game he struggled with defensive players with length guarding him. You tell he is a shooter but shots were not falling that game. I don’t know much about the other games but know some scouts that was at them and am waiting to hear back on how the rest of the games at warren central went. One game doesn’t make a summer so I’m looking forward to watching more

Thanks and if you make any I can’t your input would be amazing.  The final three games sounded like that group of kids gelled a little and he played more like himself.  Did the opponents have any studs you were familiar with ?

Thanks and if you make any I can’t your input would be amazing.  The final three games sounded like that group of kids gelled a little and he played more like himself.  Did the opponents have any studs you were familiar with ?

Not that i was aware of but this was only a regional event with mostly midwestern teams. The studs we would be familiar with would be in the 2020 group. Keon Johnson (2021) playing up and Zach Loveday (2020) plus the Indiana kids.