Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IU/Butler seems to know more than your average outsider. I’ll trust him when he says Indiana hasn’t reached out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The kid is genuinely humbled and excited he has offers from anyone (Iona,BSU) and he is quick to thank the coaches for the opportunity.  My opinion from speaking with them is that he has had the idea of going to IU on a pretty high pedastal.  I think you’ll find at first sign of contact ( if it ever comes ) they won’t be secretive about it no matter how minimal or token the contact may be.  I’ll update if I hear otherwise but as of now nothing even under the radar.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hoping and guessing that happens this AAU season. Timing would be right.

Great point ...there is just no downside to it ...If he struggles on the platinum team (which I truly don’t expect) or doesn’t grow any or hits an injury you don’t have to ramp up the efforts but if he shows out well and/or adds a couple inches you don’t wanna be sorry you never at least sent a salutation.

12 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Thats it. hes headed to Purdue.

I wouldn’t say it’s wrapped up ( he still has to get an actual offer too) but I think painter is playing it how Archie should ...set aside a couple hours and let the kid know you think he has talent and then withhold your judgment till AAU is over and you see his growth into next season.  Smart move by painter.

21 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I wouldn’t say it’s wrapped up ( he still has to get an actual offer too) but I think painter is playing it how Archie should ...set aside a couple hours and let the kid know you think he has talent and then withhold your judgment till AAU is over and you see his growth into next season.  Smart move by painter.

Stop sucking up to Painter, it's making me ill.

A thing to keep an eye on in Brown’s recruitment is that Cluess offered him a scholarship at Iona and right now Cluess is a candidate for the St Johns job. If he gets the St Johns job it will be interesting if he will offer Brown a scholarship at St Johns. If he does that would be his first high major offer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

A thing to keep an eye on in Brown’s recruitment is that Clueless offered him a scholarship at Iona and right now Clueless is a candidate for the St Johns job. If he gets the St Johns job it will be interesting if he will offer Brown a scholarship at St Johns. If he does that would be his first high major offer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Very enjoyable that Iona Coach Tim Cluess apparently gets auto-corrected to "Clueless". 

Pretty sure that was his schoolyard nickname growing up anyway.  :)

Very enjoyable that Iona Coach Tim Cluess apparently gets auto-corrected to "Clueless". 

I thought that was some cute auto change someone coded in. Was wondering who clueless was

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Either auto correct or a mailman typing too fast between walking loops