Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

I don’t know if this kid is what IU needs or not but Archie better get it right. He’s an IU fan growing up in the state of Indiana. An undersized, not overly athletic kid that just outworks and outskills opponents. Sounds a lot like Archie in his playing days

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t know if this kid is what IU needs or not but Archie better get it right. He’s an IU fan growing up in the state of Indiana. An undersized, not overly athletic kid that just outworks and outskills opponents. Sounds a lot like Archie in his playing days

So so true

17 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Maybe it’s the picture but wow he looks tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s his preference for 80’s style shorts lol 

Joking aside you’re correct they list him at 6’1 155 -165  and I think it’s closer to 6’ than 6’1 and I think the 155 is probably the top end 

2 hours ago, scoot said:

FB_IMG_1554262379361.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

They were smart and had a “25” jersey Made up.  Hey pays attention to detail and the fact they have started early won’t be lost on him (same with Purdue butler and Wisconsin having shown interest).  I know they want Lander but I hope they don’t write him off.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

The problem will be the 2021 class is loaded. There will be a lot of tough decisions. I wish Brown was playing up a year with Indiana Elite like Lander. It would give a great insight into how he handles playing with higher competition 

6 hours ago, Kepner said:

The problem will be the 2021 class is loaded. There will be a lot of tough decisions. I wish Brown was playing up a year with Indiana Elite like Lander. It would give a great insight into how he handles playing with higher competition 

I think they purposely separated them for that reason since they are ball dominant ...after their junior year they will have to play together 

2 hours ago, scoot said:

Not sure if this was mentioned before but Iona offered just before BSU.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah they put one in during season ...smart to take a stab early if you’re a small school but I don’t think they are a possibility ...if he doesn’t grow anymore (height or weight) and no high level programs ever show interest I think he would stick with bsu....if he has a good offseason and northwestern Purdue or Wisconsin make an offer we may have a problem 

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO it's far too early to make a call on Brown as he's still just a sophomore and I just don't get hyper excited any more over who's offering and when they offer.  Let's see if he has any more physical development, let's see how he does this summer (and maybe even next summer) in AAU.   If PUke or someone else at that level offers in the next 12 months and he jumps on it, then we realistically weren't that high on his list.  If there's genuine interest on our part, I'm confident we've made that interest known to Brown.

I don’t disagree with the approach ...I thinking waiting until next season to gauge physics growth is the way to go personally ...BUT ...we must NOT have interest because none has been expressed as of yesterday, not even informally.

It doesn’t take much for Archie to send him a letter saying “congrats on a great sophomore season, looking forward to your progression over the next AAU season, Archie”

Little things like that go a long way

It’s possible he could’ve done just that

It’s possible he could’ve done just that

IU/Butler seems to know more than your average outsider. I’ll trust him when he says Indiana hasn’t reached out.

Yeah they put one in during season ...smart to take a stab early if you’re a small school but I don’t think they are a possibility ...if he doesn’t grow anymore (height or weight) and no high level programs ever show interest I think he would stick with bsu....if he has a good offseason and northwestern Purdue or Wisconsin make an offer we may have a problem 
Boy it is on now. Time to lock this kid up

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

It doesn’t take much for Archie to send him a letter saying “congrats on a great sophomore season, looking forward to your progression over the next AAU season, Archie”

Little things like that go a long way

Love this train of thought ...whatever contact IS allowed just make the minimal amount at least