Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As of this writing, he has 91 posts - ALL OF THEM are in this one thread. They involve a sophomore high school player who, at this point, may top out as a mid major talent. Indiana may never scout him, much less offer.

On another forum he has 107 posts - ALL OF THEM again in the Luke Brown thread.

He has stated in the past he wants to be Luke Brown's dad and, separately, that he wants to be Luke Brown. He passes this off as a joke here. Judge for yourself. Mods - I'm sorry in advance for linking to another forum:

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/944-luke-brown-the-next-damon-bailey/&do=findComment&comment=114068

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/944-luke-brown-the-next-damon-bailey/&do=findComment&comment=114284

This is deeply, DEEPLY weird and uncomfortable.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here. A person this obsessed with a kid and who has made the statements above, causes alarm bells to go off in my head. This is far from a simple "local point of view."

If everyone STILL thinks I'm overreacting, I will close up shop on this topic and ignore the thread.

Maybe he's the kid's dad or something, who cares. He's not disrupting anything.  

10 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As of this writing, he has 91 posts - ALL OF THEM are in this one thread. They involve a sophomore high school player who, at this point, may top out as a mid major talent. Indiana may never scout him, much less offer.

He has stated in the past he wants to be Luke Brown's dad and, separately, that he wants to be Luke Brown. He passes this off as a joke here. Judge for yourself. Mods - I'm sorry in advance for linking to another forum:

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/944-luke-brown-the-next-damon-bailey/&do=findComment&comment=114068

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/944-luke-brown-the-next-damon-bailey/&do=findComment&comment=114284

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here. A person this obsessed with a kid and who has made the statements above, causes alarm bells to go off in my head. This is far from a simple "local point of view."

If everyone STILL thinks I'm overreacting, I will close up shop on this topic and ignore the thread.

Yikes ...I don’t want to cause consternation for any others who may have interest in this young man or his progression so I won’t make this as dramatic as you have.  I am, in general, a very sarcastic person.  If you could not tell that those two comments you linked were facetious or made with a “tongue-in-cheek” type intent I’m not sure I’m the one with a difficulty.  I mean, you’re suggesting because I post in a Luke brown thread...about Luke brown ...which I’m extremely interested in ...and I don’t post anywhere else ...because I don’t have more than passing interest in the other topics...that I’m somehow being inappropriate.  By your logic I guess since you counted all my posts and linked to posts about not me you habe a disturbing and unhealthy obsession with me ?  Sounds kinda silly but again I’m sorry if I flooded your phone or anything.  Most conversations in our town are about the basketball team, the Hoover family , and specifically Luke so I was interested in the out of town perspective and enjoy the discusion.  Again, sorry if I caused anyone any problems.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe he's the kid's dad or something, who cares. He's not disrupting anything.  

I appreciate the post ...for the record I’m not ...I was asked that previously and sarcastically said “ no but I wish “ or something to that effect in gest and I apparently ruffled some serious feathers.  I’m a non relative Blackford resident.

The Luke Brown posts have been overwhelmingly substantive and well within forum rules, but: 

The 2021 Brown thread currently has about 100 more posts that the threads on 2020 recruits Ethan Morton, Trey Galloway, and Anthony Leal...

Combined.

So that's kinda weird, but I guess it's also kinda okay.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Luke Brown posts have been overwhelmingly substantive and well within forum rules, but: 

The 2021 Brown thread currently has about 100 more posts that the threads on 2020 recruits Ethan Morton, Trey Galloway, and Anthony Leal...

Combined.

Once again ...sorry I’m psyched BUT I can promise I do a lot of observation ...I have had a lot of time around basketball ...if I end up wrong about Luke I’ll eat my words but even in that case he and Blackford are still a heck of a story.  I habe commented a ton which has probably spurned other comments so I’m likely at fault but I think you’ll see them become even more prevalent next season when , if healthy , he may break the 1000 point season berrier and habe a better team around him than he’s had so far.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I’d be stoked if we had a poster like this for every recruit we might have interest in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Amen. And, as a mod I get more of a chance to assess the credibility of a new poster than many.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Combined.

Wonder if that is because this kid has a Damon Bailey look to him. I just don't see this talent in Leal or Galloway. Morton...my top pick for the 2020 class.

Yes. Still think you're overreacting

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure if I got this out earlier or not but I checked with Blackford AD and all games of the sectional are available for broadcast EXCEPT for Blackford vs Delta so bsn will not be allowed to broadcast but you might be able to catch the other games on their schools’ similar service if you have any interest 

Wonder if that is because this kid has a Damien Bailey look to him. I just don't see this talent in Leal or Galloway. Morton...my top pick for the 2020 class.

Morton’s my guy too. For the record, I AM NOT related to him in any form or fashion. I do appreciate the info being provided in this thread though. Let’s keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes. Still think you're overreacting

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Nobody is making him read this thread. There are threads I check out once maybe twice. If I don't care about them, I ignore them when I check out the forum again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Yikes ...I don’t want to cause consternation for any others who may have interest in this young man or his progression so I won’t make this as dramatic as you have.  I am, in general, a very sarcastic person.  If you could not tell that those two comments you linked were facetious or made with a “tongue-in-cheek” type intent I’m not sure I’m the one with a difficulty.  I mean, you’re suggesting because I post in a Luke brown thread...about Luke brown ...which I’m extremely interested in ...and I don’t post anywhere else ...because I don’t have more than passing interest in the other topics...that I’m somehow being inappropriate.  By your logic I guess since you counted all my posts and linked to posts about not me you habe a disturbing and unhealthy obsession with me ?  Sounds kinda silly but again I’m sorry if I flooded your phone or anything.  Most conversations in our town are about the basketball team, the Hoover family , and specifically Luke so I was interested in the out of town perspective and enjoy the discusion.  Again, sorry if I caused anyone any problems.

You're fine

I don't want to look like a stalker or anything but I really hope iu recruits this kid. I think he will be a high level shooter even in college. Really surprised how many are so caught up on competition level. Kid can shoot and we need shooters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

I don't want to look like a stalker or anything but I really hope iu recruits this kid. I think he will be a high level shooter even in college. Really surprised how many are so caught up on competition level. Kid can shoot and we need shooters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s got the motor to get better too ...i think he’ll be a scrappy solid addition even if he just fills out ...if he gets a couple inches taller he could be deadly