Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2 hours ago, ViaSwiss said:

He just tore apart a potential D1 player the other night. He was coming off ankle surgery this past AAU season and missed most of it, while playing up a year in competition. 

It’s my understanding that Parker is a pretty lackluster defender

I think people want this kid because he can shoot. There are other parts to the game. Damezi was brought in to shoot, and he can’t get time on the floor because his defense is so bad.

Put Senior-year Damezi in Brown’s shoes and he is destroying everyone he plays too. There is zero competition. 

Simply put, he’s not good enough for Indiana, let alone high major D1. I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be. 

I think people want this kid because he can shoot. There are other parts to the game. Damezi was brought in to shoot, and he can’t get time on the floor because his defense is so bad.
Put Senior-year Damezi in Brown’s shoes and he is destroying everyone he plays too. There is zero competition. 
Simply put, he’s not good enough for Indiana, let alone high major D1. I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be. 

He’s a fantastic passer too. Actually setting up his teammates might be the most impressive thing that he does because the rest of his team is equal to a good 2A job team maybe and they score a good amount of points because of Brown finding them. I myself have questions about Brown but his offense is very high level my question is can he guard anyone. That is what most coaches not just IU are probably waiting on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He’s a fantastic passer too. Actually setting up his teammates might be the most impressive thing that he does because the rest of his team is equal to a good 2A job team maybe and they score a good amount of points because of Brown finding them. I myself have questions about Brown but his offense is very high level my question is can he guard anyone. That is what most coaches not just IU are probably waiting on.

He can pass against zero competition. So could you and I. 

I’m really not trying to hate on the kid, but I think everyone should slow their roll thinking he should be on IU’s radar. There are bigger fish in the sea, especially if we want to be NC contenders.

Anthony Leal would eat him alive at the same stage and Archie still hasn’t offered him.

He can pass against zero competition. So could you and I. 
I’m really not trying to hate on the kid, but I think everyone should slow their roll thinking he should be on IU’s radar. There are bigger fish in the sea, especially if we want to be NC contenders.
Anthony Leal would eat him alive at the same stage and Archie still hasn’t offered him.
Wat too early to be throwing a grant out at this guy imo. If he was a romeo sure but he isnt

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If he was as good as some claim he would have alot of high major competition. I assume he will really need to light it up this summer vs legit competition.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, VO5 said:

This kid is an ELITE shooter.  That’s the difference.  He has some other questions in his game that we will soon find out but don’t sell him short.  He also has a slick handle and is an excellent passer.  

6 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

This kid is an ELITE shooter.  That’s the difference.  He has some other questions in his game that we will soon find out but don’t sell him short.  He also has a slick handle and is an excellent passer.  

He’s shooting 38% from 3 on the year. That’s not elite 

17 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

38% from the high school 3 point line against one of the worst schedules in the state.. That's not elite. 

He’s shooting 38% from 3 on the year. That’s not elite 

If he wasn’t being triple teamed most of the time he would easily be shooting 43-45%. He is an elite shooter with his mechanics. All you have to do is look at his free throw percentages from last year and this year to see that. Also if you haven’t seen him then don’t act like you know how good or not good he is because that means you are basing it off of a bias for the school he goes to and his lack of offers currently.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

If he wasn’t being triple teamed most of the time he would easily be shooting 43-45%. He is an elite shooter with his mechanics. All you have to do is look at his free throw percentages from last year and this year to see that. Also if you haven’t seen him then don’t act like you know how good or not good he is because that means you are basing it off of a bias for the school he goes to and his lack of offers currently.

It doesn’t matter if I’ve seen him or not. If he’s shooting 38% over 3 guys then I’ll be impressed. I’m assuming that’s not the case. I’ll also take actual scout opinions over message board fans who think every small town Indiana guy needs an offer.

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

It doesn’t matter if I’ve seen him or not. If he’s shooting 38% over 3 guys then I’ll be impressed. I’m assuming that’s not the case. I’ll also take actual scout opinions over message board fans who think every small town Indiana guy needs an offer.

In a way I agree but, how many times in the last 10yrs has the small town guys burned our a$$es. Becoming a regular thing. 

Just now, MoyeNeeded said:

In a way I agree but, how many times in the last 10yrs has the small town guys burned our a$$es. Becoming a regular thing. 

How’s Indiana state doing this year? Or the year they beat us? How about IPFW? Or even Butler this year? People create the narrative they want. Those teams beat us, so it must be because some Indiana guy we whiffed on is better than our players. They fail to see the forest for the trees. 

My opinions are based on my own perspective as I’ve watched him close to 20 times since the fall before his freshman year. One of those games I sat and talked to former D1, D2, and D3 players about him. They all said he is a mid major right now but if he can improve on defense then he is a high major kid. One of those guys was also a D2 assistant at one point. He does get double and triple teamed most nights. I’ve watched it in person and on scout film multiple times. However I can tell you with 100% certainty he will probably be guarded straight up in a few games rather soon so we’ll see what happens. If you base everything off insiders than that’s fine but they also tend to be wrong about kids rather often. Desmond Bane says hello.