Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

He’s a very good FT shooter shooting about 96% from the line on the season I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Haven’t seen this kid play, but is Jordy Hulls a fair comp? Hulls developed into a decent defender, but his size and athleticism always limited him.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Haven’t seen this kid play, but is Jordy Hulls a fair comp? Hulls developed into a decent defender, but his size and athleticism always limited him.

That's probably the closest comp but when I say Brown plays zero defense I do mean zero defense. Like James Blackmon gave better effort on Defense so I don't know if he can get past that but time will tell. 

That's probably the closest comp but when I say Brown plays zero defense I do mean zero defense. Like James Blackmon gave better effort on Defense so I don't know if he can get past that but time will tell. 

To be fair, that chair has some sick handles.

Blackford moved to 4-0 with an 81-63 win over Blue River Valley.  Brown with 44 pts, his 4th career 40-point game.  He also had 10 assists and 6 reb. and was 11-11 on his FT's.  He scored 17 of Blackford's last 25 points.

So this kid should be a high 4 or low 5 star based on offense. I can’t really find much on him on but I admittedly use BTown Banners for my recruiting info. Question is....can he guard a fence post in an elevator?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Scrolling thru YouTube and caught some videos of his that popped up. We really need to keep aware of this one. If he can play any defense and get to 6-6'2, he already has an awesome court awareness, good shooting and a sick passing game. Lord knows a good shooter is something that we seem to always need. Any thoughts forum friends?

On 12/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, MoyeNeeded said:

Scrolling thru YouTube and caught some videos of his that popped up. We really need to keep aware of this one. If he can play any defense and get to 6-6'2, he already has an awesome court awareness, good shooting and a sick passing game. Lord knows a good shooter is something that we seem to always need. Any thoughts forum friends?

Yes, to the sick passing game...even by the time he was an eighth grader.

Edited by ray

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

My concern there is the same thing we saw with JBJ - if his shooting goes cold or his yippy and turning it over one night, he doesn’t have his defense to fall back on. He becomes a full liability.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Understand that! He is a sophmore though and can make improvements in that area. Slick with ball in his hands, can shoot, dish and shoots 95% from the line. If he didn't get hurt and miss the last 8 games of the season Fr year, would be well on his way to possibly being a 3000pt scorer.

20 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Blackford beaten by Alexandria 64-59.  Brown with 29 pts.

Luke Brown had a difficult night from the field, especially early, but quietly ended the night with 29 points. He added 6 assists. Brown was just 2 of 12 from behind the arc, but made all 5 of his free throws and extended his consecutive free throw streak to 31 as he approaches the record he set last year. 

Saw a report that Brown was 21/25 from the field - 7/8 from deep.
I don't care if you're playing against 5 Park benches that's impressive. I'm rooting for this kid although it seems unlikely at this point that he'd get an IU offer. Hoping he improves defensively and bulks up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app