Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Varsity action at Jay Co. End of Q1:  Blackford Bruins 9 Patriots 12.  Luke Brown injured. Gym is silent.

Final Score   Bruins 38   Patriots 59.  I didn't see any further info on the status of Brown, but based solely on the score, I'm going to guess he either didn't return to the game or was severely hampered by an injury.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Hearing very unofficially that Brown broke his ankle. Hoping it's not true.

Hopefully just a severe sprain but from this report, broken ankle may be more likely.

On the Bruins second possession of the second quarter, Brown planted his foot on a drive to the basket and went down in extreme pain in the ankle/foot area. Brown was not able to put any pressure on the foot while being carried off. At halftime, Brown went to the locker room on crutches and did not return. 

It was a broken bone after all.

Brown Out for Season; Bruins to Regroup

The Bruin boy’s basketball team got news they weren’t hoping for late this morning as it was determined that freshman point guard Luke Brown will be out for the remainder of the season with a fractured tibia. The injury was confirmed by Brown’s father in a phone conversation.

With the news, the Bruins will do their best to regroup and move forward without Brown’s 27.8 points per game. Assistant Coach Don Hoover, speaking on behalf of the coaching staff, shared, “The outpouring of prayers and support has been overwhelming. We hope that the Blackford faithful will come out and support the Bruins for the remainder of the season.”

Athletic Director Tony Uggen added, “It certainly wasn’t the news we wanted to hear, I also have appreciated the thoughts and prayers from many throughout the community and afar for Luke’s condition. It’s a huge setback for Luke, but he’s a very determined kid, and it is early in his career, so I have little doubt that he will bounce back from this an even better player and person with a very bright future.”

As for the team, Uggen continued, “The kids who were here through all the tough times the past two-three years, and JD, can continue to work towards getting that first winning season since 2001-02. They’ve paid their dues. Now it’s time to step it up and battle through another heavy dose of adversity to continue to build the program.”

The Blackford Athletics website credits Brown with 31 points and says it was the 9th time he's reached the 30 point mark.  In addition, he had 12 assists and for the night was 12-12 on his FT's.   This little school does an excellent job of publicizing all of its athletic contests and I wish others would do that.  

https://blackfordathletics.com/2018/11/21/bruins-win-big-in-opener/

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The Blackford Athletics website credits Brown with 31 points and says it was the 9th time he's reached the 30 point mark.  In addition, he had 12 assists and for the night was 12-12 on his FT's.   This little school does an excellent job of publicizing all of its athletic contests and I wish others would do that.  

https://blackfordathletics.com/2018/11/21/bruins-win-big-in-opener/

Agreed. It’s very frustrating that it’s sometimes impossible to get a players stats in high school. Especially when they are an Indiana kid. 

More on Brown's game last night against Bluffton from BlackfordAthletics.com.   Luke Brown scored 44 points on 14 of 24 shooting including 8 of 14 from behind the arc. He hit 8 of 9 from the foul line and recorded 4 rebounds. He also dazzled the crowd with six assists. 

His best chance to have a D1 level player guarding him would come in sectional if Blackford would play New Castle and Luke Bumbalogh or their regular season matchup with Northwestern and Tayson Parker. Other games when he plays Blue River, Alexandria, Frankton, and Daleville he will have D2, D3, or NAIA level guards matching up with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

After watching Luke Brown he is 6’1 however he is a small D1 school kid at best. The reason is because he won’t be able to guard D1 guards. He can shoot and pass but he isn’t a good enough athlete to guard high school kids let alone D1 guards.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, ap2345 said:

After watching Luke Brown he is 6’1 however he is a small D1 school kid at best. The reason is because he won’t be able to guard D1 guards. He can shoot and pass but he isn’t a good enough athlete to guard high school kids let alone D1 guards.

Any thoughts on his shot selection and shooting %?           

Scored 33 in last night's 72-65 win.

Any thoughts on his shot selection and shooting %?           
Scored 33 in last night's 72-65 win.

He can get his shot off with very little space and like I said he can score. He didn’t really take to many bad shots and he is a good passer. His percentage was pretty good as well but I’m not sure the exact number.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app