Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Iufan71

Would you take Antoine Davis (Mikes son) if he wanted to tranfer to IU

I seem to recall Davis making a pitch to Indiana to try and recruit Antoine when he was here a little while back. I'd take him just for the locker room help that we apparently still need.

Full disclosure--- I never disliked Davis or his family on a personal level. His coaching and instate recruiting...that's another story.

Don't know if he would be interested, everything I have read on him he had some other offers but wanted to play for his dad....

He committed to Houston before his dad got the Detroit job. Sampson let him out of his LOI once his dad took the Detroit job.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yea, you take him. If he were on our team this year he'd be an unsung hero. At Detroit Mercy he's leaned on to be the star. Here he would be a compliment to Morgan and Romeo. Kid shot 10-15 from beyond the arc a couple weeks ago against Wright State and ended up with 48. He's already being compared to Trea Young and is being regarded as one of the top freshmen in the country. His game is sick...not just a spot up shooter but can create his own shot, he's quick, great handles, 86% from the FT line and can still finish around the rim despite his size. He'd have to take better care of the ball but he also wouldn't haven't handle it as much at IU. 

https://thebiglead.com/2019/01/22/the-new-trae-young-plays-for-detroit-mercy-and-is-named-antoine-davis/

Edited by KzooHoosier82

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:
To complete the circle of hell, he ends up transferring to UGA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Or to complete the circle of  joy he transfers to IU after his junior year and a Davis breaks the curse that some say started after knight was fired and his dad was hired and leads IU to the title.

Or to complete the circle joy he transfers to IU after his junior year and a Davis breaks the curse that some say started after knight was fired and his dad was hired and leads IU to the title.

This sounds like the plot line of Holes

29 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Absolutely. We need the guards. I feel sleazy saying it but I find myself really wishing Archie had poached that kid that had committed to Dayton and ended up going out west.

I think he would’ve if not for the APR issues the program was facing when he came in.

15 hours ago, Kepner said:

He was going to be a preferred walk on at Houston from what I had read

He was offered by Sampson. Wasn't going to be a walk - on. 

I saw the kid play against Xavier earlier this year up close. He needs to get bigger and put on weight - but he's not afraid to shoot and take over the game...he's a good player.