Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ViaSwiss

Context on the first 2 seasons of a few top cbb coaches

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

One of the *** problems with that is people thinking they should have hired coach X which would have definitely turned it around by now. Some posters are even more stubborn than the players buying in to the new system.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

My favorites are the ones who kept advocating Holtmann after he started winning games at OSU when there was no mention of him as a possible candidate the previous spring. Not going after anyone in particular with this post, honest!

1 hour ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Honest question, if we had a better administration, would we have landed Donovan?

No.  Billy D is doing fine in the NBA.  To be honest, it is an easier gig at that level than what it it is in college.

No it isn’t. Especially with the talent he has. You’re going to get a lot less patience. You’re not likely to get fired within your first season as a college coach. Or within 8 games of a season. You have to worry about player egos because pretty everyone was a star in college or close to it. To go along with the stress of an 82+ game season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, in college you just have to worry about the handlers. The kids themselves don’t have an ego.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

No it isn’t. Especially with the talent he has. You’re going to get a lot less patience. You’re not likely to get fired within your first season as a college coach. Or within 8 games of a season. You have to worry about player egos because pretty everyone was a star in college or close to it. To go along with the stress of an 82+ game season.

What exactly is your point?  Or do you have one?

Archie is paid top ten money just like crean was. I guess to me if he was getting paid half what he was its realistic to not expect as much.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I really don’t understand this line of thinking and it isn’t even applicable to real world scenarios.

I really don’t understand this line of thinking and it isn’t even applicable to real world scenarios.

Pretty simple. We have been paying top money and not getting a top product the last 10 years. If archie doesnt work out it might be tome to just pay somebody a lower salary. Maybe we would get lucky and find a bo ryan type of hire

Pretty simple. We have been paying top money and not getting a top product the last 10 years. If archie doesnt work out it might be tome to just pay somebody a lower salary. Maybe we would get lucky and find a bo ryan type of hire

Not quite how that works.

How does it work?

Well part of what we paid Archie based off what we paid Crean. When you pay a coach many years what we paid Crean the next coach in can easily negotiate to that level. Much like what Holtman did at OSU. Why wouldn’t they? It’s not like it’s an entry level job where the starting wage is $7/hr for all workers. Every agent will negotiate against what the former coach made if they are worth a damn.