Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Devonte Green Suspension

Just now, Stuhoo said:

DGreen is not a leader; the problem is when he is not even an appropriate follower.

I was just expressing this thought away from the public board with someone, and I will share it here;

Keep an eye out for the players that Archie pro-actively complements and says things like "they're a big part of what we're doing going forward." Guys like Phin, Al, Romeo, Juwan, McRoberts. The ones I just listed are not the exclusive group, but they are unquestionably the core players you can expect to be featured. 

Agreed. Hopefully this can be addition thru subtraction like Blackmon in 2016. 

With Green I really feel like he wants to get his. If he scores 4 points in a win he’s the kind of player that wasn’t happy with his role. Guys like Romeo Al and Rob want the win more than anything. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Devonte is even a 21 year old: could have partied at any bar legally. Moreover, for there to be a suspension there have been multiple violations.

Can't fix stupid.

Definitely agree with you that it was stupid on his part. He knew the rules. They just need changed is all 

Definitely agree with you that it was stupid on his part. He knew the rules. They just need changed is all 

Can’t disagree. I partake. I don’t think there is much wrong with it and haven’t for longer than quite a few on this board have been alive. But, it can interfere some things for sure man. For him to have been suspended there had to be multiple violations, discussions, etc. At some point you have to chill and say not during the season. Focus on practice, getting your shots up, and just your team. That’s what they signed up for. It’s not like other sports where they follow you to different states. I just feel it’s a respect thing to your teammates. I feel the same about them going out and getting trashed after games. Honestly I feel that is worse for them. But that part is a different discussion for a different day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Legality discussion aside, what a dumba$$ move! I’m not sure when the test was administered, but with all of the tension and poor play by the team lately it makes it even worse for me. If in fact he has got nailed before, knowing the consequences shows a lot of the “me” mentality, which also kinda proves some issues that he has playing. There seems to be stretches where he needs to get “his” and I can’t stand that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners