Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Devonte Green Suspension

3 minutes ago, Kepner said:

Indefinite sounds a lot more ominous than what it is. Could be as small as 2-3 games

It could but I don't know what the conference rules say for the number of games the minimum is probably 3 conference games.

We were worried about scholarship numbers if we some how could get Brooks and Watford and maybe others, but like always things work themselves out and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if all of Green, Davis and Moore transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Another selfish stupid move, at least he’s consistent at that.  I don’t care if he ever suits up again for the Hoosiers and hope Archie sends a message.  

I agree with you. I honestly think this is addition by subtraction. His attitude and his effort is cancerous to winning ballgames. He can’t graduate fast enough, imho.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

What is it with iu basketball? Every time the wheels come loose on the court and our coach and program cant look worse some @$$ clown does something stupid like this. I say kick him off team and make a example so we dont have others. Win a few games in a row starting tonight please

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Well if it’s his first time then I don’t feel it’s necessary to kick him off the team. That’s a little harsh for being a college kid and smoking some grass. Now if it’s his 2-3 time then you need to consider

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Doesn't make it right

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Of course not, but it's not going to change anytime soon. Give people a platform and some will abuse it. If comments like that drive a kid away from a school then he'll have trouble finding anywhere to go. 

I know nothing about why he tweeted what he did, but perhaps he made a wish to remain on the team and Archie is giving him another shot after the suspension. Just a thought. 

It wouldn’t surprise me now if he does leave though, because now he’s embarrassed himself by letting the team down. Weed is not a big deal, in my humble opinion and is certainly not a gateway drug the government makes it out to be, but regardless of all that he let the team down. His teammates and coaches are surely disappointed in him, so if he doesn’t make a break and leave the program, then I imagine he’ll have to work extra hard to regain the trust and respect from his team. 

1 hour ago, iuhoosierfan90 said:

I don't know what Devonte did but all of you out there saying it's just weed...

Bottom line weed is illegal in Indiana.  Also, it is illegal for NCAA athletes even in states in which it is legal.  He knows the rules, he's been taught the rules, he's signed documents (like all other athletes) acknowledging the rules and then people are saying what is the big deal, it's just weed?

Wearing the IU jersey (or any other Div 1 Power 5 jersey) is a privilege.  One which must be earned.  There were so many other athletes who would have been willing to accept that roster spot.  He's being paid to do a job, play basketball, go to school and abide by NCAA rules.  Whether you agree with the rule or not they are there and the athletes promised they'd obey them.  

So, for the first time maybe in his life he has consequences to his actions.  

Yet another Crean gift that keeps giving....

Yes he did agree to abide by the rules and is paying the consequences. You mention the Crean gift but,  not that is makes it right, weed has been an issue with every IU coach since, and including, Knight.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Yes he did agree to abide by the rules and is paying the consequences. You mention the Crean gift but,  not that is makes it right, weed has been an issue with every IU coach since, and including, Knight.

Yup!   1977-78 _ Knight walked in on a party where marijuana was being smoked.  He suspended five players and kicked Tommy Baker, Jim Roberson and Don Cox off the team.

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

And continues with AM recruits.

28 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Knight didn't walk into a pot party--he heard about it. Then he quizzed the players. The ones who lied to him were tossed off the team (Baker, Roberson & Cox). The ones who admitted it to him were suspended but kept on the team (e.g., Mike Woodson).

I was at IU when that happened and we thought the official explanations were funny/bs.

We certainly could have been wrong but it was “interesting” that role players Baker/Cox/Roberson were kicked off while stars Woodson/Tolbert/Turner were suspended. 

I was at IU when that happened and we thought the official explanations were funny/bs.
We certainly could have been wrong but it was “interesting” that role players Baker/Cox/Roberson were kicked off while stars Woodson/Tolbert/Turner were suspended. 

lol I wasn’t alive but logic says this is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app