Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Devonte Green Suspension

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Green is proof the recruiting services get it right more often than not. Hoping we see addition by subtraction but is Rob ready to play 35 minutes?

Never seen a scouting report but wonder if the knock was decision making 

If he truly did transfer then good luck to him. Right now it’s not working out. He is failing his teammates by not being able to follow team rules beyond other issues. We are better when he is on, but if you can’t trust him on and off the court good riddance. I am pretty sure CAM is willing to prove a point on Devonte based on what I have seen of their dialogue during multiple games I have been to. CAM doesn’t get on others like he gets on Green. There is a lot of frustration there. Honestly it might be best for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

There’s been a lot of colossal BS posted over there over the years. That’s insanely pre-mature and I would take it with a whole INDOT truck full of salt. 

(No offence intended toward you, Rocker)

Not just that, but since second semester has already started a transfer request now doesn't gain him anything that an off-season transfer wouldn't give him.  All it would do his cut hid career by a dozen games or more as he sat out thd rest of thr semester.  That is counterproductive to what he want and make him less desirable in terms of teams looking at him....make it to the end of the year and he's a guy moving on because things hadn't worked out.  Get a transfer now and he's a guy who left his team in the middle of the season despite getting 20+ minutes/game.

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

I think your reading of the tweet is the accurate one.  As if the fans' wishes are granted, because he won't be playing.  I think he's showing some vulnerability here.  Most of us would!  This fanbase is brutal.  He tweeted that, and the very first response was some vitriol about how that fan hopes he'll take his one-man turnover show somewhere else.  Really embarrassing stuff.  

The tweet was deleted within minutes.  I'd really hope this fanbase can support the guys that choose to play for us.  As of now, we're embarrassing the program.  

I love your post but have to chuckle. All you have to do, is look on the game threads. Bashing here (under the guise of self-confessed expert opinion) is ridiculously brutal and so off base often times. No matter what you are taught or what you are told, I'm sure other people's opinions weigh on these players.

Society will probably sooner than later decide that weed is legally acceptable. I, personally, don't care one way or the other and my behavior won't change. But, regardless of how one feels, the requirements surrounding the basketball team are quite clear. If D. Greene's priorities and focus had been in the right place, he would be available to play tonight. When real adversity hits, a team either circles the wagons and pulls together, or they pull apart. We are about to find out what the true character of this team is.

Yeah that’s why I’m tuning in. I’m not expecting to win this game at all. I wanna see if we start pulling it together or the wheels keep coming on off. I honestly almost forgot we had a game until a couple hours or so ago

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think your reading of the tweet is the accurate one.  As if the fans' wishes are granted, because he won't be playing.  I think he's showing some vulnerability here.  Most of us would!  This fanbase is brutal.  He tweeted that, and the very first response was some vitriol about how that fan hopes he'll take his one-man turnover show somewhere else.  Really embarrassing stuff.  

The tweet was deleted within minutes.  I'd really hope this fanbase can support the guys that choose to play for us.  As of now, we're embarrassing the program.  

Yes super embarrassing. These guys are still “young men” so the fan base needs to back off

19 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Yes super embarrassing. These guys are still “young men” so the fan base needs to back off

It's nothing unique to IU basketball. All teams, both collegiate and professional, deal with it. It's just a side effect of social media being so prevalent. Heck, it wouldn't take much effort for a Purdue fan to put up an IU profile picture and trash the team. 

As a athlete in a prominent program why on earth would you subject yourself to the garbage on Twitter or other social media? We can beat our selves up all day long but there are always going to be crazies and Purdouche fans attacking on our boys. I'm sure this happens in every program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

What is it with iu basketball? Every time the wheels come loose on the court and our coach and program cant look worse some @$$ clown does something stupid like this. I say kick him off team and make a example so we dont have others. Win a few games in a row starting tonight please

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Napleshoosier said:

And said he was going to leave?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Suspended indefinitely per IU. The other part is just a rumor as of now

It's nothing unique to IU basketball. All teams, both collegiate and professional, deal with it. It's just a side effect of social media being so prevalent. Heck, it wouldn't take much effort for a Purdue fan to put up an IU profile picture and trash the team. 
Doesn't make it right

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk