Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Devonte Green Suspension

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Maybe tweet means he is tired of playing and wants time off so the suspension grants his wishes. Who knows whats going on. Either way curious what this is all about?

Highly doubt that is the meaning. More likely targeted at fans and how they've trashed the players on social media. Either way it is not a good response and am glad he deleted. At this point, he is just sabotaging his own career and I would be willing to bet he won't be a Hoosier after this year. Good for both parties IMO.

23 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Highly doubt that is the meaning. More likely targeted at fans and how they've trashed the players on social media. Either way it is not a good response and am glad he deleted. At this point, he is just sabotaging his own career and I would be willing to bet he won't be a Hoosier after this year. Good for both parties IMO.

Good point. I didn't think about that. Probably saying the fans wishes are granted that he's not playing since the fan base has criticized him so much like you said. Good call.  

Just for that tweet, I hope the team plays like their hair is on fire and wins. Devonte absolutely is a personality that needs a slice of humble pie. That's my 10,000 foot judgement lol

My judgment is the lowlifes who tweet at kids to make them think that them not playing is making a “fan” happier is terrible. This fan base deserves the constant misfortune that happens to the program solely based off the way they treat their own players. I know some will say other fan bases are the same but there really is no way to truly know, we aren’t part of them, even then, it still isn’t an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Just for that tweet, I hope the team plays like their hair is on fire and wins. Devonte absolutely is a personality that needs a slice of humble pie. That's my 10,000 foot judgement lol

I think that reading into a guy's personality based on how he plays isn't necessarily accurate.  How he plays doesn't really have anything to do with his character.  Honestly, IMO this team played its best when Green is playing his best.  He and Justin Smith are the X factors.  Things haven't gone well for Green for long stretches, but when they have he adds the third scorer we need.  The whole 'he's a one man turnover show' is such a lazy and inaccurate statement.  Against Michigan/Maryland/Nebraska, he had 1 turnover (and 11 assists) in 93 minutes.  He did have turnover issues against Purdue, but he sure as hell wasn't the reason we lost that game.  The bottom line is when someone isn't shooting well, everybody overmagnifies any other mistake they make.

Regardless of whether it's for the short or long term, it hurts our already short backcourt depth.  I don't think that we can go with Langford/Phinissee/Durham for long stretches because that leaves only Damezi to play minutes off the bench at shooting guard and no backup at point.

4 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Read on the other site that his tweet was in regards to requesting a transfer and it being granted. 

There’s been a lot of colossal BS posted over there over the years. That’s insanely pre-mature and I would take it with a whole INDOT truck full of salt. 

(No offence intended toward you, Rocker)

6 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Read on the other site that his tweet was in regards to requesting a transfer and it being granted. 

Hmm interesting if so would enable Archie to get another guard. Beverly or a reclassed Morton. On the other hand gives Archie only 1 scholarship for 2020. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

There’s been a lot of colossal BS posted over there over the years. That’s insanely pre-mature and I would take it with a whole INDOT truck full of salt. 

So wait Billy Donovan isn’t our HC now?

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Agreed, and yeah I definitely am taking it with a grain of salt. Just wanted to pass along what others have said about it and what it could mean. 

I've been waiting for several games for something to spark this group.

I thought playing at the No. 1 team in the country after playing two so-so games might do it. It didn't. We got our a$$ kicked. 

I thought playing a very beatable team in front of a good home crowd after losing two straight conference games might do it. It didn't. We got our a$$ kicked -- and by squirrelly Tim Miles 

I thought after losing by 15 points at home  to a team we should beat, and heading into our top rival might do it. It didn't. We got our a$$ kicked. 

I don't think losing a teammate who apparently likes to hit the hooch pipe will do it either. This team just lacks heart -- and an on-court leader. 

I'm to the point where I'm just expecting more of the dame -- we will get squished tonight.