Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - Game Thread - 01.22.19 - 9:00 ET

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I got rooked into joining an IU basketball page on Facebook. Someone just wrote a Dear Fred Glass, you suck kinda post. 

But he went on to say we had Donovan, but Fred was too cheap to pony up for his assistants. Anybody ever hear anything like that?

For one, I'm not convinced he would've been the right person for us. For two, I have a hard time believing at this point in his career, he'd have any interest in going back to a college program. 

Biggest mistake is believing something you read on Facebook. Not attacking you at all, but that place is a cesspool

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

I got rooked into joining an IU basketball page on Facebook. Someone just wrote a Dear Fred Glass, you suck kinda post. 

But he went on to say we had Donovan, but Fred was too cheap to pony up for his assistants. Anybody ever hear anything like that?

For one, I'm not convinced he would've been the right person for us. For two, I have a hard time believing at this point in his career, he'd have any interest in going back to a college program. 

It was widely circulated at the time, after some “insiders” had posted Billy D was the hire, that we failed to open up the checkbook and chose a mid major hire with a lower price tag. 

Just now, AKHoosier said:

I just don't get how Romeo can be so bad at shooting 3s.

I was so high on him because I thought we finally had a guy to stretch the defense, but he can't hit anything out there.

I am in no way a follower of the NBA, and it may be true that he'll be a sure lottery pick.  But he is way too passive.  He can dominate against lesser talent in H. S. but needs to step it up against decent college teams.  Going to the next step, against experienced men, I fear he'd flounder.  IMO, he needs to work on a lot of things before being a quality professional player.  Maybe he can get paid while doing it, but it'll have to happen with limited playing time - I don't know how well that can work with his laid back demeanor.

3 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

This will get laughed at. But this year’s team might be better with James Blackmon instead of Romeo based on their skill set. And yesX I remember how poorly JB was on the defensive end. But you could count on him for 3-4 threes a game. 

And just like Romeo, we had people in thd fan base who failed to appreciate him when was here...to the point of saying we won a big ten title because he got hurt.

Just now, theriverpilot said:

Welp, football season is nearly over and I don’t have a dog in the fight. IU stinks again as March gets closer, and I’m not a baseball fan. Anything good on Netflix these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first season of “You” was at least worth the time. Sort of a Dexter feel to it. Idk. 

Why we don’t move the ball and go up tempo every single time down the floor I don’t understand. That is clearly the identity we need and score the most points with. If we do that, we pull a couple more games than we’re led to believe right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, theriverpilot said:

Welp, football season is nearly over and I don’t have a dog in the fight. IU stinks again as March gets closer, and I’m not a baseball fan. Anything good on Netflix these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stranger things. Some good movies have been put on recently. The new Avenger movie, some Star Wars movies. Solid choices.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

And just like Romeo, we had people in thd fan base who failed to appreciate him when was here...to the point of saying we won a big ten title because he got hurt.

Jimmy Buckets was the man. Had his faults, but so underappreciated. 

Just now, IUHoosier5 said:

Why we don’t move the ball and go up tempo every single time down the floor I don’t understand. That is clearly the identity we need and score the most points with. If we do that, we pull a couple more games than we’re led to believe right now.

It’s what Archie wants. We are significantly slower than his Dayton teams. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

We never had Donovan on the phone much less as the coach. There was no interest from his end

Smith and Morgan both with double doubles, outrebounded the Wildcats 44-29, but 13 turnovers and NW only had 5.  19% 3-point and shooting and 38% overall is not going to win any games.  Hoosiers outscored NW 30-14 in the paint!   NW had higher percentage from three point range than 2 point.....

Defend the three  -- make the three, win the game!

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Biggest mistake is believing something you read on Facebook. Not attacking you at all, but that place is a cesspool

I didn't necessarily believe it. ... I recall the day this board exploded because we were supposedly hiring Donovan, and was just curious if anybody had heard any rumors that financials were the reason it didn't happen. My guess is that if he's doing OK in the NBA, why on earth return to college and have to deal with trying to recruit a bunch of entitled 16- and 17- and 18-year olds. 

Just now, IUHoosier5 said:

It’s what Archie wants. We are significantly slower than his Dayton teams. 

4 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

It was widely circulated at the time, after some “insiders” had posted Billy D was the hire, that we failed to open up the checkbook and chose a mid major hire with a lower price tag. 

One person made up that narrative and other’s plagiarized it. There’s absolutely zero truth to it. Glass had a blank check and it wouldn’t have been his decision anyway. Glass reached out Donovan’s agent and they said no thanks. 

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Based on what an insider shared with me in March of 2015, Donovan had interest at the time, but Glass didn't want to pull the trigger because of his affection for Crean.

I try not to think about it.