Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - Game Thread - 01.22.19 - 9:00 ET

Our best bet to be good next year would be to have green and Davis transfer or two others and use those scholarships on grad transfer shooters...of course alongside with a Brooks commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I’m really starting to think the talent on this team has been grossly misevaluated. A lot of guys look good on paper but it’s simply not translating on the court and in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to pile on, but that sort of lends itself to coaching doesn’t it? If you have talent on paper, but aren’t getting it on the court, it might be because your system isn’t working to get that talent playing to its potential or putting the players in positions to be successful. 

Edited by JerryYeagley23

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I did and your elite scorer has only shot better than 50 percent from the field 3 games in the big ten. With his best performance being 8-13 twice. He’s also averaging more than 2 turnovers

Ok. You’re right. I’m wrong. Romeo is garbage. He should stay 3 more years. Totally overrated. The fact he’s not averaging 30 a game is an absolute indictment on his ability. So trash. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

For Christ’s sake. Go google his game logs so far in the big ten so you can see a picture of how ridiculous you are being right now. Or would you just rather argue with me bc your too much of an ego maniac to stop doubling/tripling down on your bs claim? I’m pissed we are losing too bud. 

Game logs don't always tell the whole story, to be fair. There have been a few games where his numbers look good but his impact on the game was low. 

Not to pile on, but that sort of lends itself to coaching doesn’t it? If you have talent on paper, but aren’t getting it on the court, it might be because your system isn’t working to get that talent playing to its potential or putting the players in positions to be successful. 

To counter, I’ve seen tons a times where talent makes up for poor or lack of coaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and your elite scorer has only shot better than 50 percent from the field 3 games in the big ten. With his best performance being 8-13 twice. He’s also averaging more than 2 turnovers

Romeo is a flat out stud. In conference. Out of conference. On Mars. Doesn’t matter. He’s being keyed on in every single game and still puts up numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app