Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Game Thread: Purdouche Edition

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My guess is that most NBA teams run plays for corner 3s because it’s a shorter distance shot compared to the rest of the 3 point line. 22 feet while 23 ft 9 in for the rest of the line. College the 3 point line is the same all around

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was under the impression that percentages were still higher for the corner 3 in college though. Perhaps I was misinformed. 

My overall point is that we aren’t running the plays for the right guys though. 

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

We missed at least 5 wide open 3s in the first half and more in the second. They were wide open. Al, Juwan, McBob, Romeo, and Rob all hat atleast one and most missed multiple. The free throws missed. I don’t know what you guys want out of an offense but yesterday they were put in a position to succeed. We do not have shooters. As said previously if we hit just a normal percentage of both we are in a good position to win. Defensively, Edwards had 20 points on 15 shots. The slips by Haarms has to be corrected. They didn’t get to the line a ton. This game was 100% on our inability to knock down a shot. That just can’t happen at Indiana and better get fixed pretty quick.

Agree. Glaring weakness. I suspect Archie will correct it one way or the other by next season.

3 injuries are not even related to strength training so I'm not sure that Marshall is some kind of problem mike.

I’m assuming I am the mike you are responding to? If so, you can make that argument but it’s one part of my comment. The other is the horrid shooting. If you lift in ways that are not conducive to basketball and put on weight etc that is not conducive to basketball, then you can ruin muscle memory and f up your shot which could be argued is the case. We are a poor shooting team and players that were decent at things like free throw shooting are getting worse.

Before anyone cites our field goal percentage, please note that is largely a function of Romeo and Morgan around the basket vs shooting

Seems to me Archie prefers we drive than shoot the 3. It could be the players shying away from that shot but in the second half of the game we had at least 3 opportunities to pass to a reasonably good 3 pt shooter who was open after we started to drive. On 2 occasions we made a tight pass in traffic in the lane and the other we chose to drive and shoot.

I would also consider letting Al play the role of the spot shooter this year. He can make them but often he catches and attempts to drive. Which it seems everyone else is doing as well. I am fine with the drive but we do not seem to make finding a 3 point shooter to be one of our primary strategies for the drive. It seems the drive is to take a close shot or pass to someone on the baseline for a close shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Someone needs to refresh my memory, because after nearly two decades of dismal, boring failure, things tend to run together after awhile.

Did we complain about our offense last season, or were we too busy complaining about opponents bombing threes on our defense?

Someone needs to refresh my memory, because after nearly two decades of dismal, boring failure, things tend to run together after awhile.

Did we complain about our offense last season, or were we too busy complaining about opponents bombing threes on our defense?

Everyone gave up on the season after the opening night IPFW loss, so no formal complaints were ever developed.

Everyone gave up on the season after the opening night IPFW loss, so no formal complaints were ever developed.

No opening night was the indiana st pounding. Ipfw was a bit later lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

No opening night was the indiana st pounding. Ipfw was a bit later lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

LOL thanks for the reminder. What an awful way to have to start your career at IU. Really unfortunate scheduling - you know any time we play an in-state team they’re going to play their very best.