Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Game Thread: Purdouche Edition

No matter if it takes a certain number of years for a coach to do well, there is enough talent in on this team to make it to the tournament. At least on paper

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I respectfully disagree Bowhunter. On paper they look real good sans a few injuries. I see the problem that key components either regressed or did not develop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we need a 5 too.  I don't know how Jackson-Davis plays, but I'd like if he was a little taller.
Oh and for the love of all that is good, someone make an open shot.

Someone making a shot is the most important thing IMO. Teams can win without a dominant center, but an offense is predictable because nobody can shoot, there's no chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isnt a crean year one roster.
In fact this team may be worse than last years team. Thats not acceptable.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Last years team had 0 wins against the top 50 and 0 wins against tournament teams. Last years team also lost by 20 to ISU and Fort Wayne.
This years team has 3 wins against against the top 50 and 4 wins against the top 55 and 0 bad losses in committees eye. Losing streaks suck but this was always going to be the toughest stretch of games. B1G is brutal. Regardless of people on here saying Purdue has been trash all year the metrics have always disagreed. They are one of the most offensively efficient teams in the country. They are NET 18 most of their losses could of went either way.
IU is still a tourney team but they are not special like some were expecting I guess with the addition of Romeo.
Having said that IU needs to start playing better or they will find themselves coming up on national people’s bubble talk.
12-6
4 of those losses on the road to Top 20 NET teams. Home loss was to NET-14, worst loss so far is on the road NET-78
IU is still a tourney team just not a special one

Anybody really think this team makes the tourney? I mean where are the wins coming from the remainder of this conference slate?
Nope very little chance for many wins

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Someone making a shot is the most important thing IMO. Teams can win without a dominant center, but an offense is predictable because nobody can shoot, there's no chance

I'm tired of not having someone to matchup with the guys Maryland had or the dude of Arkansas or Haarms.  Morgan doesn't have the size, Davis doesn't have the athleticism or mobility.

Last years team had 0 wins against the top 50 and 0 wins against tournament teams. Last years team also lost by 20 to ISU and Fort Wayne.
This years team has 3 wins against against the top 50 and 4 wins against the top 55 and 0 bad losses in committees eye. Losing streaks suck but this was always going to be the toughest stretch of games. B1G is brutal. Regardless of people on here saying Purdue has been trash all year the metrics have always disagreed. They are one of the most offensively efficient teams in the country. They are NET 18 most of their losses could of went either way.
IU is still a tourney team but they are not special like some were expecting I guess with the addition of Romeo.
Having said that IU needs to start playing better or they will find themselves coming up on national people’s bubble talk.
12-6
4 of those losses on the road to Top 20 NET teams. Home loss was to NET-14, worst loss so far is on the road NET-78
IU is still a tourney team just not a special one

I think this is a fair take. The problem though is that while a loss is just a loss we have not looked good for several games now. I would feel a lot better had we lost close hard fought games.

Just look at the Purdue roster, and honestly there's no one on it other than Edwards who's better than any of our starters.
And Edwards isn't even that great.
Our best player is Morgan, who I love, but he's clearly peaked and was a 3* for a reason.  It's not his fault there isn't much around him, and he was never meant to be the primary scorer on a good team.

Edwards is averaging 25 PPG. He's pretty awesome...

The problem with IU's starters is that most of them are redundant from a skills standpoint. Athletes withediocre ball handling, good defense, and middling shooting. That player is valuable when there are one or 2, but when 4 players fit that description it's a problem. Purdue's pieces fit together much better. For instance, if IU had Nick Zeisloft, I don't think anybody would say he's an awesome all around basketball player, but the fact that he's a great shooter would have an outsized impact. The threat of Cline's 3s got Haarms a couple dunks

I think technically we will finish improved over last year mostly thanks to Romeo. I see maybe 17-18 wins with a chance to make noise in the B1G tourney to make the dance.

IU could go 9-11 in the B1G and still get in they tourney depending on who the 6 wins are against. If not IU there will be a B1G team (maybe 2) that gets in with a 9-11 conference record. B1G set itself up in the non conference for the possibility of this to happen

Im giving Archie the benefit of the doubt til he can cycle through the remainder of Crean players/recruits and get some guys healthy. Im not seeing boneheaded coaching like I saw with Crean yet. That said Archie needs to figure out how to make the tourney no question next year.

Not even close. That’s crazy if you feel this team is as bad as last years team. No losses to bad teams. We are 12-6 with multiple good wins. Last years team was a .500 team. Let’s be a little less dramatic and look at some facts.

Im talking big ten record. Last year we finished .500 in the big ten. We may not this year at this rate

Not going to happen same same bad role players with TJD. So losing 2 adding one. Next year will be bad

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No we are told year three is the breakout year. So that is what i will expect. 20 plus wins and an ncaa berth.

No we are told year three is the breakout year. So that is what i will expect. 20 plus wins and an ncaa berth.

Only way that happens is if we get brooks and Romeo stays

I think technically we will finish improved over last year mostly thanks to Romeo. I see maybe 17-18 wins with a chance to make noise in the B1G tourney to make the dance.
17 wins would be 8-12 in the big ten. Overall record would have more wins but less in the big ten. Not sure how some are saying thats better than last year. To me that would be about the same

Im talking big ten record. Last year we finished .500 in the big ten. We may not this year at this rate

And still could make they tourney with a losing conference record. If this team made the tourney with a losing conference record would you consider them worse then last years team because last years team had a better conference record?

Only way that happens is if we get brooks and Romeo stays

So than how many darn years do we give archie to make the dance. Thats year 3.

52 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Things Archie and we desperately need for next season

-Smith to keep playing good

-Phinisee to take a big leap

-Hunter to be all he’s been advertised and healthy

-Al to continue the steady progression

-And but of course. Brooks

Going to add that Damezi and either Moore or Forrester has to be ready to really play