Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Game Thread: Purdouche Edition

Here is what i think. Next year is an absolute must to make the ncaa for archie. No excuses allowed in year year three. If he cannot his seat should by red hot. By year four he should be challenging for s big ten title. If not he needs to go. Four years is plenty of time.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I get the many posts touting that Bennett, Coach K and Beilein had slow starts and  became great coaches.

I’m also sure there have been a ton of coaches that started out poorly and remained poor.

Hope we have the former, rather than the latter, but at this point who knows? 

I'm tired right now of those arguments for other coaches with slow starts like its a damn guarantee IU is a top 5 team in 5 years with Archie.

I'm tired right now of those arguments for other coaches with slow starts like its a damn guarantee IU is a top 5 team in 5 years with Archie.

It’s not, but instant gratification is typically less likely than this. That said he has to make the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s not, but instant gratification is typically less likely than this. That said he has to make the tournament.

This isnt a crean year one roster.
In fact this team may be worse than last years team. Thats not acceptable.

I know it is ultimately the coaches fault so everyone is right to question archie. I cant stand a team playing like this one but i do believe archie wins here in the end. I just think he is a winner time will tell. Where all the chris holtman guys at on here. Last year he was the man we should have hired lol. This season is in definite danger zone but tournament is still possible and in my opinion crucial to our fan spirits. Let's pray these guys pull their heads out of their rears and get back on track

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coonhounds said:

I know it is ultimately the coaches fault so everyone is right to question archie. I cant stand this a team playing like this one but i do believe archie wins here in the end. I just think he is a winner time will tell. Where all the chris holtman guys at on here. Last year he was the man we should have hired lol. This season is in definite danger zone but tournament is still possible and in my opinion crucial to our fan spirits. Let's pray these guys pull their heads out of their rears and get back on track

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Chris Holtmann has done more with less than Archie so far 

This isnt a crean year one roster.
In fact this team may be worse than last years team. Thats not acceptable.

Not even close. That’s crazy if you feel this team is as bad as last years team. No losses to bad teams. We are 12-6 with multiple good wins. Last years team was a .500 team. Let’s be a little less dramatic and look at some facts.

No matter if it takes a certain number of years for a coach to do well, there is enough talent in on this team to make it to the tournament. At least on paper

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is the problem I have. It would be one thing if Archie was having to rely on a bunch of freshmen but he isn’t. We have a lot of veterans and we have a top 5 recruit this year. Since We won’t have those pieces next year so any concerns this year are probably warranted.

Hopefully they can finish strong

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Things Archie and we desperately need for next season

-Smith to keep playing good

-Phinisee to take a big leap

-Hunter to be all he’s been advertised and healthy

-Al to continue the steady progression

-And but of course. Brooks

I think we need a 5 too.  I don't know how Jackson-Davis plays, but I'd like if he was a little taller.

Oh and for the love of all that is good, someone make an open shot.

This is the problem I have. It would be one thing if Archie was having to rely on a bunch of freshmen but he isn’t. We have a lot of veterans and we have a top 5 recruit this year. Since We won’t have those pieces next year so any concerns this year are probably warranted.

Hopefully they can finish strong

Just because we have veterans on the team doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good thing. Besides JMO, which of our upper class men actually deserves any playing time let alone starters mins? Al is still a work in progress, I still like al, Smith needs a quick kick in the confidence and consistency pants, Davis needs time to heal and probably should not have played much at the beginning of this year, I have no comments on Green, McBob just no!
If this team had one player, just one, that could step up and consistently be a threat from 3, we would be winning more games. Everyone has already figured out how to stop us, clog the lane! Until someone starts hitting from outside, this is how it’s going to go. Especially since JMO and Romeo score a majority of their points in the lane.

Just because we have veterans on the team doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good thing. Besides JMO, which of our upper class men actually deserves any playing time let alone starters mins? Al is still a work in progress, I still like al, Smith needs a quick kick in the confidence and consistency pants, Davis needs time to heal and probably should not have played much at the beginning of this year, I have no comments on Green, McBob just no!
If this team had one player, just one, that could step up and consistently be a threat from 3, we would be winning more games. Everyone has already figured out how to stop us, clog the lane! Until someone starts hitting from outside, this is how it’s going to go. Especially since JMO and Romeo score a majority of their points in the lane.

That is fine but what changes next year to improve that? Our veterans have had 2 off seasons to make improvements and outside of JMO, it hasn’t happened. So assuming that the current gouts will make big improvements is just hope

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I think we need a 5 too.  I don't know how Jackson-Davis plays, but I'd like if he was a little taller.

Oh and for the love of all that is good, someone make an open shot.

Everything I have heard is he’s a 5 on D. 

31 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I fully understand what you are saying, but he only has to make the tournament if the administration says he has to. There are priorities that are public and then there are discussions that go on behind closed doors. I'm not convinced they are the same. I don't think we are ever going back to the heyday of Indiana basketball. I don't think that the administration wants to. I'm saying this as someone who has followed IU basketball for close to 65 years. I'm willing to wait for CAM to build his team. Not that I have a choice.

57 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Just look at the Purdue roster, and honestly there's no one on it other than Edwards who's better than any of our starters.

And Edwards isn't even that great.

Our best player is Morgan, who I love, but he's clearly peaked and was a 3* for a reason.  It's not his fault there isn't much around him, and he was never meant to be the primary scorer on a good team.

Morgan would be the third or fourth option on a good team honestly. He's benefited from playing on three bad teams. Ticks me off to see a punk like Haarms have his way.