Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JustWinWoody

Indiana Hires Kalen DeBoer as new offensive coordinator

As Tom Crean once said, “It’s Indiana. It’s Indiana.” Maybe we will have an offense that’s bearable to watch unlike the last couple years, but it is still Indiana football. You can be all rainbows and unicorns, but Indiana isn’t going to be much better because that’s just who we are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s the fact that you’re constantly negative in every damn thread. Football, football recruiting, basketball, basketball recruiting, women’s basketball, soccer. It’s draining. You don’t have to put every negative freaking thought into this forum. Nobody enjoys seeing negative after negative after negative. You have the knowledge and passion to be a good poster, yet you constantly spew negativity. Is any of it constructive? Sorry mods, point me if necessary.

32 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I don’t ever say anything in recruiting because I don’t follow it close enough, or women’s basketball(which I haven’t been to a single game yet) or soccer because I don’t even know it’s going on until the tourney. Just basketball where there’s been 3 maybe 4 good seasons in my lifetime and football where there has been 1?

This is your response when confronted with the fact that you drain the figurative life out of an Indiana Athletics forum?  Ok then.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:21 PM, Joe DeLow said:

My life is fine. But IU is not in good shape and why would I be okay with that? Sure it’s just a game but I’d like to see my team do well.

If I could chime in real quick. I admire your passion and completely understand having frustration about the bball/fball programs right now. Most fans share that same frustration. It should bother you. But coming onto a forum and blasting nothing but negative reactions just gets old to read. There is still positive things to discuss (recruiting and new coaching hires), and maybe if you're feeling extra upset about it just censor yourself and don't post for a day or two. Not suggesting you leave, just maybe try to mix it up a little. I am a part of many different avenues of sports groups/sites as a mod/admin and I always let people vent, but when everyone else is telling you you're going overboard maybe just take a step back for a minute. Go Hoosiers.

Im going to wait to judge this hire. I just don’t think IU will be good because that’s just who we are. This guy has a great track record. But I’m going to wait and see if it meshes well with Allen’s defensive minded system. Personally I think this guy could end up being our HC in a year or two.

That is fine and logical but I was pretty pessimistic about who we could get given that Allen may not be around long if we don’t go bowling. Seems a risky chance to take which I thought would discourage great candidates.

This hire seems, on paper, to be a great hire. Time will tell if that pans out but I am pleasantly surprised by the caliber of this hire.

3 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Im going to wait to judge this hire. I just don’t think IU will be good because that’s just who we are. This guy has a great track record. But I’m going to wait and see if it meshes well with Allen’s defensive minded system. Personally I think this guy could end up being our HC in a year or two.

I won't blame anybody for taking the "wait and see" approach with IU football

11 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Plenty of folks expressed interest in Graham Harrell. Don't know if he ever was on the IU staff's radar, but it looks as if he's done OK for himself ... 

Makes you wonder if DeBoer was on USC's radar?