Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

McRobbie and Georgia Tech

Isn't Mcrobbie nearing retirement age? Would he take a new job this late in his career? I hope I am wrong in thinking he wouldn't. I think I remember someone saying that he was retiring in 2020 but not sure how much truth there was in that. 

Just be wary; sometimes it's better to dance with the devil you know.

Yeah about the only instance I would feel good about this is if the next guy comes in wanting to “Make IU Great Again”. It seems the further we get away both academically and athletically from our golden period the less the admin cares.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Why do people dislike McRobbie? I haven't really heard anything bad about him and the school seems to be doing well under him. 

Academics and athletics have either taken a step back or at best languished under him. 

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

While college rankings are flawed they are very important. We’ve lost like 15 spots in his tenure. Used to be 75 now 90

But that's just one measure, though, and like you said, it's flawed. They also tend to fluctuate from year to hear, particularly the lower you get on the list.  

The median GPA for last year's entering freshman class tied the record from the previous year, and the average test score was the second highest in school history, behind only the year before it. IU is bringing in better classes than ever before and they're doing all kinds of renovations/new constructions. 

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

But that's just one measure, though, and like you said, it's flawed. They also tend to fluctuate from year to hear, particularly the lower you get on the list.  

The median GPA for last year's entering freshman class tied the record from the previous year, and the average test score was the second highest in school history, behind only the year before it. IU is bringing in better classes than ever before and they're doing all kinds of renovations/new constructions. 

Academics aren't judged by the quality of student you take in. It's in the quality of student you put out. 

IMO, if you're going to have a football program as sh*tty as ours, you'd better make up for it by either having a world-class basketball program or being academically superior to most of your conference brethren. We have neither. I hope he leaves.

Indiana needs to improve dramatically as an academic institution, especially at the price point they charge. Purdue has frozen its tuition rates while providing an overall higher quality academic product.

However, the renovations occurring around the campus are excellent and desperately needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners