Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) RB Charlie Spegal

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Michigan has talked to him in passing and supposedly ran FB type player.....big colleges don’t see him as a RB due to his speed......I think he’s a fantastic player but unless IU’s plan A, B and probably C players fall through then I don’t see him getting an offer for full ride. Unfortunately IU is in the game with some highly productive and competitive running backs as well... Peny Boone, teammate of Rashawn Williams, he’s closing in on an announcement and right now things have heated up for IU in regards with him.....he’s 6’2” 225 and has an explosive side that coaches want to see. Again it’s not Charlie’s size it’s his speed from what I’ve heard. Also, I could have seen an offer had he been in last years class or the year before that one.....fill a signing class type thing, but with this class it will be one of the smaller signing classes IU has had in recent years. It will be full of Oline players a few DL, LB, DB 1 or 2, QB and a RB and maybe another 1 or 2 WR and of course possibly a TE. That’s just where IU is today. Due to holes from past classes. If Charlie gets an offer great I’d be happy to have him play for IU, but right now he’s not on a lot of coaches boards. 

According to his Hudl profile he runs a 4.5 40.  Boone's 24/7 profile has him running a 05/05/2019 verified result 4.81 40.  If those stats are correct/verified I would venture to say "speed" isn't the reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

According to his Hudl profile he runs a 4.5 40.  Boone's 24/7 profile has him running a 05/05/2019 verified result 4.81 40.  If those stats are correct/verified I would venture to say "speed" isn't the reason.

And I’m just saying what I’ve heard from friends and family in and around IU football....Boone is targeted for size and his speed together compared to other backs. Don’t shoot the messenger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lucel15 said:

And I’m just saying what I’ve heard from friends and family in and around IU football....Boone is targeted for size and his speed together compared to other backs. Don’t shoot the messenger 

Take it easy, man.  I'm not trying to come off as a jerk.  If I did, then I apologize.  I completely understand coaches have their reasons for recruiting a kid over another.  They get paid the big bucks to do that.  Us spectators just sit back and speculate, usually over a beer or white russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Take it easy, man.  I'm not trying to come off as a jerk.  If I did, then I apologize.  I completely understand coaches have their reasons for recruiting a kid over another.  They get paid the big bucks to do that.  Us spectators just sit back and speculate, usually over a beer or white russian.

You’re good didn’t take it personally. lol I just added the don’t shoot the messenger in there at the end for fun! I saw his testing results too.....and what not,  he just plays well and runs well and has that “breakaway speed” in some instances for his size. Stevie Scott esque 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

They wanted a boone for our backfield :)  Another benefit of Boone is that it might help cement the verbal from Williams and help reel in Buford.  

Right now Williams seems to be all go IU. Recruiting the heck out of top targets. Buford will be a tough get in my opinion. But hey let’s go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Right now Williams seems to be all go IU. Recruiting the heck out of top targets. Buford will be a tough get in my opinion. But hey let’s go 

“As of now, my mind is made, but there’s no telling what the future holds,” he said. “Right now, I’m an Indiana Hoosier.”

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/05/08/why-michigan-michigan-state-lost-out-rashawn-williams/1128586001/

That doesn't seem very reassuring.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×