Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) RB Charlie Spegal

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fair enough.  2 very terse questions followed by IMO a defensive (can't think of a better word) response to my post that was totally made in jest.   I'm not a debater on btb but consider myself a provider of info for everyone else with an occasional (albeit weak) attempt at a little humor.   I probably read 99% of what is posted on btb and follow the debaters and their differing points of view and will readily 'Like' the opinions that I agree with.  Oftentimes I am in agreement with the message in your posts but man, sometimes your delivery could use a little work.  I guess it's the fundamental problem of trying to decipher intent and meaning of written communication vs. face-to-face communication.

Yeah...in my case, please don't over read.  I don't have time to work on my delivery....I am who I am and you know me or you don't.  (whether or not you like me or my posts is yours to decide and I know many don't.  Many do.   I'm good either way.)  Lots of people here can' t spell or form a complete sentence.  You can't worry about that; especially if you're trying to decipher meaning because there's really no hidden agenda.  I don't know you, so we're not "friends."   No offense, but I'm not here to please you or anyone else with style points. 

Sometimes, I'm direct.  "Have you seen him?" is a question.  No hidden meaning.   He's a far different case than Luke Brown and there's zero downside to him.   Guy's going to rush for 10,000 yards in his high school career at a 5A high school.  He's stronger than 80% of our (IU's) team; and I'd take 5 of him.   

Yeah...in my case, please don't over read.  I don't have time to work on my delivery....I am who I am and you know me or you don't.  (whether or not you like me or my posts is yours to decide and I know many don't.  Many do.   I'm good either way.)  Lots of people here can' t spell or form a complete sentence.  You can't worry about that; especially if you're trying to decipher meaning because there's really no hidden agenda.  I don't know you, so we're not "friends."   No offense, but I'm not here to please you or anyone else with style points. 
Sometimes, I'm direct.  "Have you seen him?" is a question.  No hidden meaning.   He's a far different case than Luke Brown and there's zero downside to him.   Guy's going to rush for 10,000 yards in his high school career at a 5A high school.  He's stronger than 80% of our (IU's) team; and I'd take 5 of him.   

Know you, I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of know you Mr. GC..... I mean..... OF since I believe the Davis era on Scout. Lucky you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 9/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, Old Friend said:

Self-awareness is an excellent attribute, and you've got it!  

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Know you, I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of know you Mr. GC..... I mean..... OF since I believe the Davis era on Scout. Lucky you ;)

Hhhmm.....unfortunate pleasure.  We don't need to go backwards, do we?  There are a whole lot of bodies buried back there and I won't dig them up if you won't.   Not all involved me or were of my doing.  I'll leave it at that.

Like I said, you either like and can deal with what people post or you can't/don't.  I'm not interested in style points, political correctness, or posting "main stream."    (Everybody's wonderful!  Glass sucks!  Go Hoosiers!.   RME)   That's boring.  

If you think reading my posts is unfortunate....block me.  I'm not profane or personal.  I don't make things up and sell them as truth.  I am connected enough, but opinionated and direct.  I have plenty of wonderful friends and don't need any more, but would welcome them.  I'll apologize for whatever you feel is unfortunate, but there were many unfortunate souls in the past,  and I don't have an interest in taking the bullet for all of them.  Peace.

Hhhmm.....unfortunate pleasure.  We don't need to go backwards, do we?  There are a whole lot of bodies buried back there and I won't dig them up if you won't.   Not all involved me or were of my doing.  I'll leave it at that.
Like I said, you either like and can deal with what people post or you can't/don't.  I'm not interested in style points, political correctness, or posting "main stream."    (Everybody's wonderful!  Glass sucks!  Go Hoosiers!.   RME)   That's boring.  
If you think reading my posts is unfortunate....block me.  I'm not profane or personal.  I don't make things up and sell them as truth.  I am connected enough, but opinionated and direct.  I have plenty of wonderful friends and don't need any more, but would welcome them.  I'll apologize for whatever you feel is unfortunate, but there were many unfortunate souls in the past,  and I don't have an interest in taking the bullet for all of them.  Peace.

OF...... you took my post way wrong. I was just teasing, I thought we’ve always been cool, regardless if we disagree or not. Maybe my sense of humor didn’t come thru.....

40 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

OF...... you took my post way wrong. I was just teasing, I thought we’ve always been cool, regardless if we disagree or not. Maybe my sense of humor didn’t come thru.....

Of course we're cool.  Duh.  I just didn't know what to read into "unfortunate pleasure!"  GC was a character for the most part.   Some of what happened there still makes me shake my head.  I own my part.  But there were MANY parts.

Yeah, thats a problem we encounter a lot nowadays. Tone, intent, and sarcasm/humor doesn’t always translate to the written word. Most of communication is actually nonverbal. But unless we all decide to FaceTime our messages to BTBanners we are stuck forming our own opinions of poster’s intent. And we all know everyone loves my jovial nature.......

So I haven’t touched on recruiting that much mainly because it’s been dead period and that just ended recently. Coaches will be going back out this week, per toms press conference today....where idk im sure we will see later this week. On Charlie it looks like he is a preferred walk on priority and will have the opportunity to earn a scholly should he decide to enroll at IU. Scholly would come sooner rather than later once he’s on campus. So good for him he’d be a terrific add and get by this staff. It’s basically between us TN, IN state, and Michigan. 

2 hours ago, lucel15 said:

So I haven’t touched on recruiting that much mainly because it’s been dead period and that just ended recently. Coaches will be going back out this week, per toms press conference today....where idk im sure we will see later this week. On Charlie it looks like he is a preferred walk on priority and will have the opportunity to earn a scholly should he decide to enroll at IU. Scholly would come sooner rather than later once he’s on campus. So good for him he’d be a terrific add and get by this staff. It’s basically between us TN, IN state, and Michigan. 

All walk on offers?

After what he did to Cathedral, I'm a Charlie Spegal believer. Hard to believe only Army and Indiana State have offered him a scholarship. After reading Gregg Doyle's IndyStar article about Spegal, he seems like a very high character, humble, team oriented kid. Seems worthy of a scholarship offer to me. In fact, it seems disrespectful, considering what he has accomplished, not to offer.

35 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

That is awesome!!!  He'll earn a scholarship before his career at IU is over. 

Beat me to it.  Agree 100%.  I bet he earns one before he begins his sophomore season.    What do you think?   I LOVE this on top of love this commitment.  As much as I love the kids Allen is getting, I like this one the most.  He is the kind of player Indiana needs.  His story and that of his family is really cool; and he's built himself into what he is.

He set the Indiana all time rushing record.  And beat the OLD record by 2700 yards.  For perspective.... Indiana high schools play 9 regular season games.  So a player would have to average 300 yards a game in regular season play just to EQUAL those yards.

I would take 2 or 3 more off that team.  You can never have enough winners.  Tom Allen is winning me over quickly.

Everybody saw what that big dude from Purdue did to IU?  Spegal's better.  Way better.

Beat me to it.  Agree 100%.  I bet he earns one before he begins his sophomore season.    What do you think?   I LOVE this on top of love this commitment.  As much as I love the kids Allen is getting, I like this one the most.  He is the kind of player Indiana needs.  His story and that of his family is really cool; and he's built himself into what he is.
He set the Indiana all time rushing record.  And beat the OLD record by 2700 yards.  For perspective.... Indiana high schools play 9 regular season games.  So a player would have to average 300 yards a game in regular season play just to EQUAL those yards.
I would take 2 or 3 more off that team.  You can never have enough winners.  Tom Allen is winning me over quickly.
Everybody saw what that big dude from Purdue did to IU?  Spegal's better.  Way better.

Was he underrecruited because of who he played, his size? Seems like a great get as a walk on but would like to think he will be a contributor at some point