Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) RB Charlie Spegal

23 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Michigan has talked to him in passing and supposedly ran FB type player.....big colleges don’t see him as a RB due to his speed......I think he’s a fantastic player but unless IU’s plan A, B and probably C players fall through then I don’t see him getting an offer for full ride. Unfortunately IU is in the game with some highly productive and competitive running backs as well... Peny Boone, teammate of Rashawn Williams, he’s closing in on an announcement and right now things have heated up for IU in regards with him.....he’s 6’2” 225 and has an explosive side that coaches want to see. Again it’s not Charlie’s size it’s his speed from what I’ve heard. Also, I could have seen an offer had he been in last years class or the year before that one.....fill a signing class type thing, but with this class it will be one of the smaller signing classes IU has had in recent years. It will be full of Oline players a few DL, LB, DB 1 or 2, QB and a RB and maybe another 1 or 2 WR and of course possibly a TE. That’s just where IU is today. Due to holes from past classes. If Charlie gets an offer great I’d be happy to have him play for IU, but right now he’s not on a lot of coaches boards. 

According to his Hudl profile he runs a 4.5 40.  Boone's 24/7 profile has him running a 05/05/2019 verified result 4.81 40.  If those stats are correct/verified I would venture to say "speed" isn't the reason.

29 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

According to his Hudl profile he runs a 4.5 40.  Boone's 24/7 profile has him running a 05/05/2019 verified result 4.81 40.  If those stats are correct/verified I would venture to say "speed" isn't the reason.

And I’m just saying what I’ve heard from friends and family in and around IU football....Boone is targeted for size and his speed together compared to other backs. Don’t shoot the messenger 

17 hours ago, lucel15 said:

And I’m just saying what I’ve heard from friends and family in and around IU football....Boone is targeted for size and his speed together compared to other backs. Don’t shoot the messenger 

Take it easy, man.  I'm not trying to come off as a jerk.  If I did, then I apologize.  I completely understand coaches have their reasons for recruiting a kid over another.  They get paid the big bucks to do that.  Us spectators just sit back and speculate, usually over a beer or white russian.

4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Take it easy, man.  I'm not trying to come off as a jerk.  If I did, then I apologize.  I completely understand coaches have their reasons for recruiting a kid over another.  They get paid the big bucks to do that.  Us spectators just sit back and speculate, usually over a beer or white russian.

You’re good didn’t take it personally. lol I just added the don’t shoot the messenger in there at the end for fun! I saw his testing results too.....and what not,  he just plays well and runs well and has that “breakaway speed” in some instances for his size. Stevie Scott esque 

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

They wanted a boone for our backfield :)  Another benefit of Boone is that it might help cement the verbal from Williams and help reel in Buford.  

Right now Williams seems to be all go IU. Recruiting the heck out of top targets. Buford will be a tough get in my opinion. But hey let’s go 

48 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Right now Williams seems to be all go IU. Recruiting the heck out of top targets. Buford will be a tough get in my opinion. But hey let’s go 

“As of now, my mind is made, but there’s no telling what the future holds,” he said. “Right now, I’m an Indiana Hoosier.”

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/05/08/why-michigan-michigan-state-lost-out-rashawn-williams/1128586001/

That doesn't seem very reassuring.  

If they haven't, Indiana needs to offer this kid right now.

I could be wrong but I think his only scholarship offers are Army, Indiana State, and Dayton. He has a PWO offer from Tennessee. He’s been on visits to IU, PU, MSU, Ball State, and a few others but I don’t know that they’ve offered him anything other than maybe PWO spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I could be wrong but I think his only scholarship offers are Army, Indiana State, and Dayton. He has a PWO offer from Tennessee. He’s been on visits to IU, PU, MSU, Ball State, and a few others but I don’t know that they’ve offered him anything other than maybe PWO spots.

In this case, I couldn't care less what anyone else has offered or not offered.  They all want him, but none are willing to offer -probably because "no one else has": and they want him to "prove it."   I don't know what else he has to prove.  New Pal is very easily one of the best 2 teams in Indiana; and he's broken the record playing against 5A and 6A high schools.  He squats more than every one of our offensive linemen; and is as hard a worker as there is anywhere.  He's a football player.   A great football player.   Mitchell Paige didn't have any offers, either.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Uh oh.  I'm sensing that Charlie Spegal is about to become Luke Brown in football recruiting discussions.    lol

Have you seen him?   Know much about him?   Similar only that he's a bit under-sized, but he's the top rusher in Indiana high school history with at least 7 games to go; and New Pal will play 10 more.  And he's done it against far better teams including Center Grove, Zionsville, Lafayette Harrison, etc. New Pal is a 5A high school and this kid would play and succeed anywhere.  Yeah, he's short.   So is Whop Philyor.  He's at least as fast as Stevie Scott and far stronger.  Too many schools pass on kids because of tangibles.

In this case, I couldn't care less what anyone else has offered or not offered.  They all want him, but none are willing to offer -probably because "no one else has": and they want him to "prove it."   I don't know what else he has to prove.  New Pal is very easily one of the best 2 teams in Indiana; and he's broken the record playing against 5A and 6A high schools.  He squats more than every one of our offensive linemen; and is as hard a worker as there is anywhere.  He's a football player.   A great football player.   Mitchell Paige didn't have any offers, either.

I agree. He is really good. I said this myself after I watched him his freshmen year at Delta. He’ll be a really good player for whoever decides to pull the trigger on an offer.

49 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Have you seen him?   Know much about him?   Similar only that he's a bit under-sized, but he's the top rusher in Indiana high school history with at least 7 games to go; and New Pal will play 10 more.  And he's done it against far better teams including Center Grove, Zionsville, Lafayette Harrison, etc. New Pal is a 5A high school and this kid would play and succeed anywhere.  Yeah, he's short.   So is Whop Philyor.  He's at least as fast as Stevie Scott and far stronger.  Too many schools pass on kids because of tangibles.

No, I haven't seen him and I know very little about him.  I'm just having a little fun on a gloomy Sunday.  Didn't expect an overreaction to my lol post.

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No, I haven't seen him and I know very little about him.  I'm just having a little fun on a gloomy Sunday.  Didn't expect an overreaction to my lol post.

Curious as to what made it an "over" reaction?   Just a response.    

39 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Curious as to what made it an "over" reaction?   Just a response.    

Fair enough.  2 very terse questions followed by IMO a defensive (can't think of a better word) response to my post that was totally made in jest.   I'm not a debater on btb but consider myself a provider of info for everyone else with an occasional (albeit weak) attempt at a little humor.   I probably read 99% of what is posted on btb and follow the debaters and their differing points of view and will readily 'Like' the opinions that I agree with.  Oftentimes I am in agreement with the message in your posts but man, sometimes your delivery could use a little work.  I guess it's the fundamental problem of trying to decipher intent and meaning of written communication vs. face-to-face communication.