Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

If we go 3-4 in the next seven, the season isn't lost.  We'd be 15-8 and 6-7 in conference with the easier part of the conference left.

Would be 15-9. You are probably correct in saying it wouldn’t be over. I mean sure, with the setup we discussed, the team wouldn’t be out of it losing 7-8 of the first 12 conference games, no probably still plenty of chances. It is a bit of a leap though, to assume that same team is going to suddenly run the table in its final 7 plus the BTT game. State on the road, at Iowa, at the barn, Wisky wherever. UM at home. That’s more likely another 4-5 to the loss column and that’s assuming IU takes care of business in the “easier” games as you would put it. Now we’re looking at 13-14 losses. That’s bubble burst city. So anyway, I say, need a winning record in the next 7. Just do that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Did you see Moore get lost and give up the open three last night? Defense is the reason he isnt playing IMO.

Yes.   And that was my exact reasoning earlier.  He's going to have his number called eventually; and he can't get lost on defense.  He is ready now for "spark" role, but he can't give up points on the defensive end.  Many saw the 5 he scored but not the 3-5 he gave up.  Not saying I think Fitzner is the answer, but he may be more equipped on defensive positioning and awareness, which is enough of a reason right now.

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

why can’t Moore take McBobs spot?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ball handling.  Maybe.  McBob is supposed to be a great defender and effort guy.  I said last spring that if he were required to be a major contributor this season like he was last, we're in big trouble.  He's not even a threat to score.  At least Fitzner has the capability and teams have film of it.  McRoberts seems to have drastically regressed.

I gotta say that it’s not a good look to demote a guy without even telling him 

He quit a couple months ago and we waited to see if he’d change his mind. He’s not posted in the mod forum since then or told anyone he changed his mind so it was time to move on, and the mod team agreed on adding USPS.

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

He quit a couple months ago and we waited to see if he’d change his mind. He’s not posted in the mod forum since then or told anyone he changed his mind so it was time to move on, and the mod team agreed on adding USPS.

Then why so little fanfare usually new mods at least get a shout out?

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Then why so little fanfare usually new mods at least get a shout out?

He would have, new mods don’t always get announced right away. USPS is new to being a mod so we’re giving him a chance to get used to all the moderation options before conpletely throwing him to the wolves. 

28 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

He would have, new mods don’t always get announced right away. USPS is new to being a mod so we’re giving him a chance to get used to all the moderation options before conpletely throwing him to the wolves. 

Hopefully, it doesn't interfere with his screen time watching games.  He's our lifeline for college basketball game updates!  

12 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

If I was gonna put a defensive liability on the floor it would probably be Damezi. We know he can shoot the three.

I’m with you. It’s much easier to get a shooter to play serviceable defense (with reps) than it is to get a poor shooting, defensive stalwart, to become a better shooter.