Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

8 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Watched the presser and Archie just doesn't sound like he likes Moore. Seems like it pains him to give him credit and he wishes he didn't have to play him. I don't get it. He gives you a lot more than Fitzner or even Davis at this point. He was probably our third most impactful player tonight outside of Juwan and Romeo (and probably Rob). 

Watch Moore on D and you will understand why. Though Fitzer was pretty bad as well.

5 minutes ago, Barrell Rick said:

Sorry I forgot to post my pregame usual, ya'll.. had to get an emergency colonoscopy.. don't ask.

I did catch the game though, and might I say, that boy Ben Wallace is something else; we just couldn't bring him to a halt.

Let's hope we can knock out a win over Mike Bibby and Purdue come Saturday..

- Barrell Rick, 2019

Hope all is well... and you know it's a bad day when an "emergency colonoscopy" isn't the most painful part of the day.

43 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I said if archie did not work out that was probably it for me and likely for the program. No top coach will ever come here cause we arent a great program. If archie misses the tourney the next two years his seat should be beyond red hot.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm in the same camp. I'm tired of coaching changes, drama, blowout losses and message board meltdowns. If you can't find the right guy in 4 attempts than it's probably time to stop calling yourself a blueblood.

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Adam Herbert chose Sampson.  For one reason and one reason only.

Indiana has STILL not recovered from giving Mike Davis the job when Knight was fired.  

It was a terrible decision,  but that pattern continues without blame to Sampson.  It's time to blame Glass.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm in the same camp. I'm tired of coaching changes, drama, blowout losses and message board meltdowns. If you can't find the right guy in 4 attempts than it's probably time to stop calling yourself a blueblood.

Great coaches don’t care about great programs. Did anybody consider Virginia, Villanova or Michigan elite/great programs before?

Morgan “I think it was just a matter of coming out with the right mindset”.  Protecting home court, especially with the road games in front of us, was very important tonight but we came out sleep-walking AGAIN. Aside from not having an offense etc, I am beginning to wonder if there are internal issues.  Why don’t they seem to care that much?

Another thing that I noticed at the game tonight is the fact that Archie does not work the refs well at all. He throws his shoulders back like he has no idea what’s going on, and I’m starting to wonder if that’s really the case. He looked lost tonight. Truly lost...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We're about to agree, but we're also close to being to being told that we need to wait a few more years before we're allowed to have a negative opinion on his "coaching"
Its called the crean honeymoon. Step of the ledge, etc.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Watch Moore on D and you will understand why. Though Fitzer was pretty bad as well.

He's not as bad as Fitzner and that's all that needs to be said. Fitzner brings nothing to the table. Moore isn't a strong defender but he is a capable shot blocker and can affect shots with his length. He can also rebound. And doesn't kill you on offense. It's not even close. I don't care about practice anymore, at some point Archie just has to accept that Fitzner is doing nothing good for us and Moore is. I imagine Forrester is in the same boat as Moore.

2 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Another thing that I noticed at the game tonight is the fact that Archie does not work the refs well at all. He throws his shoulders back like he has no idea what’s going on, and I’m starting to wonder if that’s really the case. He looked lost tonight. Truly lost...

He looks lost A LOT.  As does the rest of the coaching staff.   Facial expressions and body language are not in a good place and believe me a lot of people are seeing this.

Just now, akinnaird24 said:

God.... this thread makes me want to delete the entire app. I usually enjoy seeing other’s perspectives, but calling for a coaches head halfway through his 2nd year is a bad take. We are in a rough stretch. Get healthy, hopefully make some adjustments, and get back on the winning side of things.

The time for adjustments was when we struggled against UC Davis 

4 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

He's not as bad as Fitzner and that's all that needs to be said. Fitzner brings nothing to the table. Moore isn't a strong defender but he is a capable shot blocker and can affect shots with his length. He can also rebound. And doesn't kill you on offense. It's not even close. I don't care about practice anymore, at some point Archie just has to accept that Fitzner is doing nothing good for us and Moore is. I imagine Forrester is in the same boat as Moore.

I'd rather we lose with Moore and Forrester than with Fitzner and McRoberts. Make me think we're developing a plan for the future at least! 

I’m sure it’s not a popular opinion but I’m still on the Archie bandwagon...but tonight was tough.

Regardless firing a coach in less than 3 years has major ramifications for the future because no decent candidate will trust our administration to give them time to implement their system.

Tonight was ugly, but what can you really do when 3-4 of your competent 7 players can’t create their own shot? Defenders sag off Justin and McRob, Fitzner isn’t really a threat, and I don’t think rob is a great offensive threat yet either. I’m going to wait until next year to criticize.

The time for adjustments was when we struggled against UC Davis 

I expected more from this team as well, but I also realize the staff has only had a year to bring in their personnel, and one of those key contributors is redshirting.

I am not a fan of the offense at all. I don’t understand how you can’t find ways to get the ball in Romeo/Juwan’s hands more often. Frustrating, but not calling for coaches head after 1.5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, akinnaird24 said:

I expected more from this team as well, but I also realize the staff has only had a year to bring in their personnel, and one of those key contributors is redshirting.

I am not a fan of the offense at all. I don’t understand how you can’t find ways to get the ball in Romeo/Juwan’s hands more often. Frustrating, but not calling for coaches head after 1.5 years.

Who is calling for their head?  

God.... this thread makes me want to delete the entire app. I usually enjoy seeing other’s perspectives, but calling for a coaches head halfway through his 2nd year is a bad take. We are in a rough stretch. Get healthy, hopefully make some adjustments, and get back on the winning side of things.

Let them talk it out. Maybe it’s therapy for them to type it out. Doesn’t change anything whether you like his coaching or not he will he here at least through his contract. Call it 2,3,4,5 year grace period, Crean honeymoon or whatever you want end result will be the same he isn’t going anywhere. The teams first big patch of adversity has came. Losses were always coming now let’s see how they respond coaches included. Lots of season left.