Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's not Archie's fault.

You gotta' get kids into places where they'll be successful.  Unless we throw it into the post to Morgan or let Romeo do something in isolation, we generally don't score.  That's absolutely partly Archie's fault.

Lmao the fact that you had Nebraska beating us at home should tell you something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty sad eh? I’ve been down about this team all year so far. But I had to hear about how negative I am about this team. **** man, I love iubb. Guess it’s why I care so damn much

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, it's real embarrassing getting ran out of our gym by a tourney team with an abundance of jr/sr to carry them against a 2nd yr coach with not much left over talent from the previous staff, not to mention the plague of injuries suffered. So, if you guys are serious about being done with them, that is fine with me. No need for all of the whining here. It's truly amazing to me that after long discussions here about the other top teams in our conference  (MSU, Mich) and the results of Izzo and JohnB in their early first few seasons, so many are dead set on CAM being a bad hire without giving him the time that it takes to build something. Instant gratification. Doesn't bother me one bit if we lighten the load of mass negativity that we see on this forum everyday. Doesn't have to be all sunshine and lollipops but jeez!

Regarding John B from Wikipedia - doesn’t sound too bad.

Beilein's second Michigan team, the 2008–09 Wolverines took a significant step forward. On November 20, the unranked Wolverines upset #4-ranked UCLA, recording their first win over a top-five team in eleven years.[147][148] On December 6, Michigan posted its second win of the season over a top-five opponent in a rematch against #4 ranked Duke.[149][150] The Wolverines reached the top 25 in the national rankings on December 22, its first appearance since the February 6, 2006.[151] On February 26, Michigan defeated the #16-ranked Purdue team 87–78, raising its record to 3–4 against ranked opponents on the season.[152] At the conclusion of the 2008–09 Big Ten season, Michigan was given a seven seed in the 2009 Big Ten Tournament. A win over Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament on March 12 was the Wolverines' twentieth of the season. With that win, Beilein had achieved a 20-win season at seven different schools, including four at the Division I level (Canisius, Richmond, West Virginia, Michigan).[3] Three days later, Beilein's Wolverines earned a bid to the 2009 NCAA Tournament, the school's first appearance in 11 years. There, tenth-seeded Michigan defeated the seventh-seeded Clemson Tigers 62–59[153] before losing in the second round to Oklahoma 73–63.[154]

Watched the presser and Archie just doesn't sound like he likes Moore. Seems like it pains him to give him credit and he wishes he didn't have to play him. I don't get it. He gives you a lot more than Fitzner or even Davis at this point. He was probably our third most impactful player tonight outside of Juwan and Romeo (and probably Rob). 

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You gotta' get kids into places where they'll be successful.  Unless we throw it into the post to Morgan or let Romeo do something in isolation, we generally don't score.  That's absolutely partly Archie's fault.

We're about to agree, but we're also close to being to being told that we need to wait a few more years before we're allowed to have a negative opinion on his "coaching"

Some fundamental basketball plays I have yet to see:

Romeo coming off screens
Romeo back cutting
Heck, any set play for Romeo

That’s on Archie for failing to properly utilize his best and first 5*, which dare I say has HUGE implications on the future.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

34 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

So this is Tim Miles' 3rd win in Assembly Hall.

That's the worst of all this.

Raftery said this was Nebraska's first road win vs a top 25 team since 2016. Any guesses who they beat in that one?

People have been ignoring what they are seeing all season long. We haven’t been good except for 1 game. This team could very easily miss the tournament. And no, I’m not overreacting.

So glad I was at my Sons BB practice and didn’t watch this live. The fast forward button saved me tons of anger and frustration.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Beilein's second Michigan team, the 2008–09 Wolverines took a significant step forward. On November 20, the unranked Wolverines upset #4-ranked UCLA, recording their first win over a top-five team in eleven years.[147][148] On December 6, Michigan posted its second win of the season over a top-five opponent in a rematch against #4 ranked Duke.[149][150] The Wolverines reached the top 25 in the national rankings on December 22, its first appearance since the February 6, 2006.[151] On February 26, Michigan defeated the #16-ranked Purdue team 87–78, raising its record to 3–4 against ranked opponents on the season.[152] At the conclusion of the 2008–09 Big Ten season, Michigan was given a seven seed in the 2009 Big Ten Tournament. A win over Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament on March 12 was the Wolverines' twentieth of the season. With that win, Beilein had achieved a 20-win season at seven different schools, including four at the Division I level (Canisius, Richmond, West Virginia, Michigan).[3] Three days later, Beilein's Wolverines earned a bid to the 2009 NCAA Tournament, the school's first appearance in 11 years. There, tenth-seeded Michigan defeated the seventh-seeded Clemson Tigers 62–59[153] before losing in the second round to Oklahoma 73–63.[154]

Stop it!  Give Archie unlimited years before you can say anything bad about him.

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Maybe St. Mary's has another role player they don't need.

Ya I respectfully decline any players from St Mary’s. Fitzner is the Sunday migraine you can’t shake 

He could be our coach but we chose sampson.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think it was more of hiring a coach that wanted to centralize his recruiting search to Indiana zip codes.  It makes no sense to me, but it appeases a lot of posters and a certain incompetent athletic director.

... as in "it looks good on paper"... but not IN the morning paper.

Sorry I forgot to post my pregame usual, ya'll.. had to get an emergency colonoscopy.. don't ask.

I did catch the game though, and might I say, that boy Ben Wallace is something else; we just couldn't bring him to a halt.

Let's hope we can knock out a win over Mike Bibby and Purdue come Saturday..

- Barrell Rick, 2019

1 minute ago, Josh said:

We're about to agree, but we're also close to being to being told that we need to wait a few more years before we're allowed to have a negative opinion on his "coaching"

I was negative w Davis immediately and w Crean about 10 games in when I saw kids just standing on offense.  I'm an expert at being negative early.   Good Lord, a college coach needs to have an offense that can at least GET good looks consistently.  It's almost like he doesn't want them in transition, but that's the only time they get decent looks on a regular basis.

How he can have an offense oriented on low post play and penetration, and completely lack perimeter shooting is beyond my realm of understanding.   Go get as many lengthy athletes as you want, but if none of them can shoot, you're not going to score with any consistency at this level.  Big Ten teams can very easily collapse on post players, and many, like Nebraska, have kids who can make up ground and block or affect shots at the rim.